Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
What the gently caress?? Why the hell would you play a girl when you're not a girl IRL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
feels good man

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The Man From Melmac posted:

What the gently caress?? Why the hell would you play a girl when you're not a girl IRL?

What's wrong, Dexter? Of all people, shouldn't you be totally into that?

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

What's wrong, Dexter? Of all people, shouldn't you be totally into that?

gently caress NO

I would never be a girl in a video game...

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

gently caress NO

I would never be a girl in a video game...

Wtf then you're the weirdo, chum

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Hey man sometimes a dude just wants to chill out and play dress-up with his virtual Barbie doll. Ya smell me?

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
I like looking at female characters more than I like looking at male ones, so if I'm picking one I'm going to be looking at for the whole game the choice seems obvious. May also have something to do with the fact that as male armour gets better it gets more metal added, and as female armour gets better it gets more metal removed.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

half of saints row 3 I was a bangin woman of color, because I am not one of those and then nic cage, because I am not him either

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

it depends on the game. if the game is like saints row and the character is their own person, then i'll go with a girl every time just because it's different from the norm (also because Laura Bailey is perfect). if the character is supposed to represent me, like in an mmo or pokemon or something, then i'll usually be a dude just because it feels weird when the game talks directly at me and uses the wrong pronoun. i don't play a lot of games like that though.

i should also note that i'm the guy who chooses to play as a human even if there are other options.

oh and if it's a game where you choose from a selection of characters like a fighting game or something then i'll just go with whoever i enjoy the most. i do end up with girl characters a lot though just because they tend to be more acrobatic, like tira in soul calibur and zero suit samus in smash bros.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

All gamers who play as girls are actually undercover girls irl. I have charts and graphs to back this up.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Dis. Missed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Because beating up evil white men as a powerful black woman makes me feel like im literally fighting racism/patriarchy.

poo poo now i will have to replay all games this way. this is a good idea.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Because in my fantasy world men don't exist.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
my black girl character was my fave skyrim character. she was bad rear end

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kylra posted:

Because in my fantasy world men don't exist.

LMAO!!!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
citation: nexus forums

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
ERPing with dicks just pisses me off.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008