Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Post ITT for emotional and mental support as you try to come to terms with and move past KEH's godawful website redesign that somehow makes everything ten times worse than it was.

We're here for you.

EDIT: Excellent support resource at http://classic.keh.com/

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I am now on prison style suicide watch. I had to give my belt and shoelaces to a neighbor.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Current theories include "someone's grandkid just graduated from web design at DeVry".

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Okay but seriously, what the gently caress? I didn't think the old KEH site was that bad. This is just horrible.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

I am now on prison style suicide watch. I had to give my belt and shoelaces to a neighbor.

Give me your camera strap too. I ask as a friend.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I have put all my MF/LF gear in a circle around me and I am muttering chants to film gods to reverse time. I shall sacrifice a roll of Astia to appease them

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Lookit this scrub that uses camera straps still

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

Literally shaking with rage IRL at this travesty

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
This is going to save me so much money.

The fact that I can't filter by lens mount is insane. Also, all the weird rear end poo poo like lens caps are harder to find.

nm fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 8, 2014

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

nm posted:

If only because I can't find anything anymore. Why the gently caress are P67 and 645 poo poo all thrown together. How does that make any sense at all?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TheJeffers posted:

Literally shaking with rage IRL at this travesty

If anyone ever makes me a mod of E/N, I will make a rule that if you use the words "literally shaking", you need to provide video evidence that you were literally shaking.

Oh and then kill myself.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
It's bad but it's not that bad

ok fine it is that bad

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

nm posted:

It's like that "freeze you credit cards in a block of ice in the freezer" thing where you have to make sure you REALLY, REALLY want to buy something.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
http://classic.keh.com/

I will never complain about you again!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
My theory of KEH webdesigns mimicking Windows versions is strangely accurate. The old old website was ME, nothing loving worked at all and it was universally hated. The old website was XP, it wasn't great and search was a loving travesty but as long as you remebered where poo poo was it was cool. The new one is Vista, probably works alright but we'll never care because it's kinda slow and hella ugly. Please bear in mind this is from the perspective of a user not a CJ so keep your nerd poo poo out of my nerd theory nerds.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

nm posted:

:allears:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

nm posted:

"We improved the site SO MUCH that we had to make sure you could avoid using it at all costs and still buy stuff from us."

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

grack posted:

It's like that "freeze you credit cards in a block of ice in the freezer" thing where you have to make sure you REALLY, REALLY want to buy something.

Lol if you can't read your CC numbers through ice. Get some artisanal, cruelty-free, frozen water peasant.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Lol if you can't read your CC numbers through ice. Get some artisanal, cruelty-free, frozen water peasant.

Lol if it doesn't just get autofilled so you only have to be sober enough to remember the CVV2 to go broke late-night camera shopping.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

Lol if it doesn't just get autofilled so you only have to be sober enough to remember the CVV2 to go broke late-night camera shopping.

lol if you don't have the number and security code memorized, scrub.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Casu Marzu posted:

lol if you don't have the number and security code memorized, scrub.

I hope to hell KEH doesn't store too much payment data because you know an "intrusion" for them would basically be calling them up on the phone and asking them to please remove the hard drive from their payment processing server and mail it to you so you can check for electron rot.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

what in the hell

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
this is some horseshit but I just learned that there is/was a camera brand named horseman so w/e

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
also you can't search by, say, all off-brand lenses for a particular lens mount and gently caress searching through pages of horseshit for a couple Sigma FD lenses

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
You can search for all off-brand lenses across every mount now, unlike before! I wonder if this would have been usable if KEH bothered to actually sort by lens mounts before?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Yo can someone make a :KEH: like :dice:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

8th-snype posted:

Yo can someone make a :KEH: like :dice:
Only if it stops working half the time.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

search seems efficient and usable for me now, I like the new site

:feelsgood:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bob Socko posted:

Only if it stops working half the time.

lol

new site sucks, looks like a mockup template you'd see on a web design page circa 2004

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

search seems efficient and usable for me now, I like the new site

Lies! I searched for pentax 67 and got everything wit the words "pentax" and "67". This new site is about as useful as a nerf vibrator!

Can I start to use their paper catalog or did they screw that up too?

*edit*
Not sure I can cope, is hanging my self with a remote shutter release allowed?

Shrieking Muppet fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 8, 2014

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Ezekiel_980 posted:

*edit*
Not sure I can cope, is hanging my self with a remote shutter release allowed?

No. Shopping cart is still broken. Can't get a shutter release.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Ezekiel_980 posted:

Lies! I searched for pentax 67 and got everything wit the words "pentax" and "67". This new site is about as useful as a nerf vibrator!

It works better if you put the search term in quotes

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Had to use Firefox instead of Chrome to complete my order.

Also, checking out via KEH Classic had a shipping cost of $12 with delivery middle of next week. New KEH had shipping at $8 with 2 day delivery.

Thanks, jerks.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
This week's new KEH special deal! A revolver and single high quality bullet! Satisfaction guaranteed! Buy now!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Obsolete posted:

Had to use Firefox instead of Chrome to complete my order.

Also, checking out via KEH Classic had a shipping cost of $12 with delivery middle of next week. New KEH had shipping at $8 with 2 day delivery.

Thanks, jerks.
loving really?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I keep trying to add something to my cart, then go to check out, but it says my cart is empty

thanks keh

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
:dice:

^This, but KEH.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Hold times to make a phone order are loving lol.

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

nm posted:

loving really?

Using the new KEH with Chrome, I could add things to my cart but it would be empty when I went to checkout. I switched to classic KEH and was able to get to checkout, where it showed shipping at $12 with delivery July 16. However, you can't actually check out via old KEH - when you get to a certain point it kicks you back out to new KEH and the order failed to complete.

I switched to Firefox and was able to get through the entire process via new KEH just fine. When it got to shipping, it was $4 cheaper and 4 days faster (July 11).

I haven't received my package yet but I assume it's going to be a crate filled with cracked Tiffen UV filters and a note that just reads "gently caress YOU."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
It's been 5 days since "the change". I feel lost and alone, like a shipwrecked sailor floating in the moonlight. Unsure if that rapidly approaching splotch on the water is an oil slick or a shark looking for a snack. Why have you forsaken us KEH? Were we not good enough customers? Did we not buy enough BGN grade filters and old lovely tripods? I want to make one last order. Send me a Leica, Hitler's Bunker Edition, make sure the cyanide capsule is intact. Overnight priority please to area code 98115, money is no object.

• Locked thread