Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Welcome to Web 2.0 KEH.
I'll be forever diving the net using http://classic.keh.com

Although classic.keh.com is not using full-site SSL for browsing. Going bareback feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Santa is strapped posted:

Welcome to Web 2.0 KEH.
I'll be forever diving the net using http://classic.keh.com

Although classic.keh.com is not using full-site SSL for browsing. Going bareback feels good

As I said previously, be careful with Classic. I got faster and cheaper shipping on new KEH. Classic KEH shipping was both more expensive and 3 days slower.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Obsolete posted:

As I said previously, be careful with Classic. I got faster and cheaper shipping on new KEH. Classic KEH shipping was both more expensive and 3 days slower.

Well yeah. The package is coming from the past. Everything in the past was slower and more expensive.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I bought my first item since the, uhm, incident.
I searched uses classic keh, then cut and pasted exactly what wanted into the search box of new keh and bought it that way. Gotta minimize the exposure.
Also, new keh makes it very hard to browse and find random poo poo for old cameras I never knew I needed but now cannot live without. Bellows for a spotmatic? Why not?

Gargonovitch
Feb 23, 2008

I dunno how many years on this Earth I got left... I'm gonna get real WEIRD with it...
Shipping to Canada is less than half the price of what it used to be.

I am pleased with this development.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gargonovitch posted:

Shipping to Canada is less than half the price of what it used to be.

I am pleased with this development.
The old prices of shipping to Canada meant I never bought anything from KEH, and now it seems I'm just unable to (also get the empty cart bug)

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Shipping to Aus seems even more expensive than before, >$80 for 1 camera.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I tried to buy something on the new KEH because I'm an idiot. Got all the way to confirm order, then I pressed butan and it logged me out. Didn't receive any payment confirmation, order didn't show up when I logged back in, nothing on my Paypal either. So I logged into classic KEH and did it the old fashioned way. Order went through.

Then after like 2 minutes I got 2 Paypal payment confirmations :shepface:

The worst part is, that initial order must've gone through somehow but there is no record of it in the new OR old KEH.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

1st AD posted:

I tried to buy something on the new KEH because I'm an idiot. Got all the way to confirm order, then I pressed butan and it logged me out. Didn't receive any payment confirmation, order didn't show up when I logged back in, nothing on my Paypal either. So I logged into classic KEH and did it the old fashioned way. Order went through.

Then after like 2 minutes I got 2 Paypal payment confirmations :shepface:

The worst part is, that initial order must've gone through somehow but there is no record of it in the new OR old KEH.

"New website? Yeah, my nephew's real good with computers! Even made my Windows work again!"

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

"New website? Yeah, my nephew's real good with computers! Even made my Windows work again!"

Windows ME Super

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
While their website is now even worse I just want to re-iterate how amazingly good their customer service is.

The Olympus OM1 I recently purchased from KEH arrived with a broken light-meter. Their response was to apologize and ship me a replacement while insisting I keep this one as it isn't worth the trouble and expense to ship it back.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

deaders posted:

While their website is now even worse I just want to re-iterate how amazingly good their customer service is.

The Olympus OM1 I recently purchased from KEH arrived with a broken light-meter. Their response was to apologize and ship me a replacement while insisting I keep this one as it isn't worth the trouble and expense to ship it back.

That's loving awesome right there.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Yeah, I wouldn't want an old lovely olympus back either

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Me either, good thing it's one of the best cameras ever then.

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

deaders posted:

They shipped me an Ashai Pentax TTL prism for my 6x7 (good) and it came with a broken meter. They had me ship it back first and then a week later sent me a Honeywell Pentax (bad) replacement. At least it worked.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ZippySLC posted:

They shipped me an Ashai Pentax TTL prism for my 6x7 (good) and it came with a broken meter. They had me ship it back first and then a week later sent me a Honeywell Pentax (bad) replacement. At least it worked.

WTF is wrong with you? Honeywell bits are far superior to Ashai bits.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

your first mistake was ordering a ttl prism

lol

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

lol

This too

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

8th-snype posted:

WTF is wrong with you? Honeywell bits are far superior to Ashai bits.

Really? I thought they were identical, except for the Honeywell name.

When I think of Honeywell I think of a 1970s guy tinkering with a mainframe.

Mr. Despair posted:

lol

I know. While I was waiting for the TTL prism to come back I bought a regular non-metered prism and I've been using that pretty much exclusively.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ZippySLC posted:

Really? I thought they were identical, except for the Honeywell name.

When I think of Honeywell I think of a 1970s guy tinkering with a mainframe.

They are identical. Honeywell is a superior name. 70s mainframes own.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
What's wrong with the TTL prism? Honestly curious. Less accurate than a spot meter?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Chill Callahan posted:

What's wrong with the TTL prism? Honestly curious. Less accurate than a spot meter?

An averaging TTL prism is always going to be more of a compromise than spot metering it yourself. I personally like the TTL prism (though mine is a 67ii so it has some kinda matrix metering), but I'll meter shots on my own for trickier situations like at night.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Chill Callahan posted:

It's significantly less baller. Also by the time I owned a P67 I had several hand held meters. Using an incident meter in public makes you feel like a scientist from the future.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Chill Callahan posted:

to work, it requires the one and only delicate component of the camera to be intact.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Handheld meters are cool and all but I've often wished for a TTL meter for my Bronica SQ-A for street stuff.

Actually now that I got paid I might drop a stack on one ::getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I like my Asahi metered prism. It's big and heavy and the metering is spot on.

• Locked thread