Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
1) cheaper to own than dogs

2) crippling depression typically coexistent with poverty somewhat offset by animal friends

3) actually most rich people I know have a shitload of cats (ok in all fairness they are bred and expensive as gently caress but still)

4) stray cats are more common than stray dogs (due to stray cats having better survival skills than stray dogs); also go into any Petco and there's like 40 cats up for adoption for every 1 dog

I hope this sociology report has been helpful, OP

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Killing animals that have been domesticated for thousnads of years (dogs, cats) for 8 lbs of food is hosed up imho

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

my humane society reported a live intake of 1681 dogs and 1719 cats in 2013, not that big of a difference. however, 90% of those dogs were released (adopted or returned to owner, generally) alive, and only 72% of those cats were released alive with almost 2.5x more cats euthanized than dogs, despite the fact that in general, cats take up less room and food and energy to house.

makes ya think

animal shelter I volunteer at is way the gently caress filled with cats; some dogs but mostly cats. I think most stray dogs are lost or owners dumped them; most stray cats have kittens that are stray and the circle continues. you don't hear of many people doing "catch, neuter/spay and release" on dogs

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Crewmine posted:

someone find that study that said toxo made dudes hotter to women, because since reading that i've rubbed stray cats over every inch of my body every day and frankly it's really changed my life for the better

You have to touch cat poop when it is still warm/malleable and even then you need it to enter your nervous system via mastication, so unfortunately you do not yet have toxoplasmosis :(

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

Is this why cats do that weird thing where they hop up onto your lap them immediately start shoving their butt in your face? I never did understand that behavior.

Nope; their favorite spot to be petted is right between where their tail and their back meets:

Scratch them there, it's what they want.

Carlin describes it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT8i_PwDJc

"Check out my rear end, dad!!"

• Locked thread