Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

it will be an inferno tonight even if Dante is playing at his peak op

anyway, I will be watching this at the local FIFA fanzone and hope to be able to dance and celebrate with some of you later in the streets of UEFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

hopterque posted:

Do you want me to stop PMing you about how my grandfather might have killed your grandfather? Just say the word.

Did your grandfather die in a concentration camp?

by falling down a watch tower

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

El Hefe posted:

The ref is the same ref who missed Suarez's bite lol

loving FIFA

does the Brazilian team have any biters

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

its time for some advanced referee statistics talk

Statistics for Referee Marcos Rodriguez:

81 international matches; 52 red cards (.64 / match) (highest of the 32 refs participating in this WC); 356 yellows (4.4 /match); 30 penalties (.37 /match) (third highest of any ref in this WC).

Comparisons with the average tournament statistics :

Red Cards:
Rodriguez issues red cards @ .64/ match ( 2 every 3 games) , whereas the average stat in this WC is .23 red cards/match ( not even 1 in every 4 match)

Yellow Cards :
Rodriguez flashes 4.4/match compared to the tournament average of 2.8/match .

Penalties :
Rodriguez awards .37 penalties/match compared to the tournament average of .22 penalties /match .

Consequences :
If Rodriguez follows his career statistics there is a 68% greater chance of a penalty being awarded , and a staggering 178% chance of a red card being issued as compared to tournament average.

All stats have been taken from Fifa.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hegay posted:

Also, hard to see who's gonna create something from Brazil.

the ref, op

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Still couldn't believe it after returning from public viewing lol, haven't seen such atmosphere since 2006, well done DFB team and we got an answer how many goals Germany could score against the host: a brazillion!

Hope Bayern feels like poo poo now wrt to Kroos lol

now just blitzkrieging one more game and then its off to Russia

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

ephex posted:

ah! a new day and its still real!

Guten Morgen, ephex

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Palpek posted:

this is nice

they have 2 years to recover until the Summer Olympics

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

quote:

I just came back from Brazil vs Germany. I went to the stadium, i was there. I'm here to chronicle a bit of it.

There were about ~7-10% germans there, rest brazilians. A few from other countries. I met a japanese couple, a venezuelian father and son, there was this old polish couple with a nice costume, i met two aussies. But mostly the stadium was yellow.
Fanatic brazilians thought they'd surely win. The more rational ones saw germany as a favorite. But who the hell could foretell that brazil would be obliterated?

There was so much energy in the stadium. Brazil's anthem gave me chills. Just imagine what it was like.
German players were jeered when they entered stadium, when they appeared on tv, when they had the ball. It was sufocating. The german crowd got jeered anytime they started singing.

I was surprised how easy it was to score that first goal (and the ones that would follow). But the crowd didn't give up. They imediatly started singing loud.

After the second goal the crowd was still cheering and trying to give the team morale. But after the third they just stood quiet. They knew the game was gone.
From them on the stadium was all very very quiet except for two major sectors full of germans. They were making a hell of a party.

As you know Germany scored four goals within 10 minutes and EVERYONE was dumbstruck by it. It was unbeliavable. I was secretly laughing my rear end off amidst a brazilian crowd because it was simply amazing. I knew it was history happening. I knew it was a magic moment. I was there watching the biggest humiliation in world cup-if not of footbal- history. It was truly unreal.
Numb would be the best word to describe everyone in the stadium.
The germans didn't believe it. They were like 'WTF'. Is this some kind of dream?
The contrast between the two teams was truly awesome. Total inefficiency and low morale versus clinical playing, masterful football.

How brazilians reacted? Some weren't giving a poo poo and were having a good time actually. Most were somewhat upset. Some were VERY upset. I saw people crying in the crowd, in the corridors, in the bathroom. I saw folks angry and picking up fights at nothing. But most were just numb.

Around 60 minutes there were brazilians in the crowd shouting 'please just end the game, enough'.

I saw a brazilian ask a german nearby how to say massacre in german. He replied 'Gemetzel'. And the brazilian: "This is a gemetzel! Now, how do i say mercy?"

They realized how well germany played and the 7th goal (stunning btw, i was so near it!) was cheered and applauded by both parties. There were so many scenes, so many details.

It was crystal clear how the german team wasn't even trying on second half. They were just controlling the game and scoring here and there out of boredom.

Overall people were being friendly, but you could just see the mass disapointment. There was an aura of utter defeat in the crowd. Watching them getting out of the stadium reminded of a recent Simpsons episode where brazil prophetically got beaten by germany. It was truly something.
I knew i was going to witness something big when i went to that game. But damm. That was the very definition of surprise buttsex.

Brazilians, game on. You're still 5 times wc.
Haters, you're still pitful.
Germans, you were my favorite from the very first round. Gogo! Germans were singing out loud "riiio de janeeeirooo" in the end. I hope to see you lift the trophy. That was some masterful football, just beautiful, intelligent, efficient.
Football fans, this is a day to remember.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/AliveFact/status/486635511873015809

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

ephex posted:

He was quoted as saying "Take it to the final! As you can see, it is not easy, but you deserve it, congratulations"

:unsmith:

what a nice gesture and it seems from other sources that most Brazilians were actually really nice to the German fans as well

on another note:

guess hes gonna regret that one now

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

hopterque posted:

I don't know if anyone caught it but during the postgame interviews (like the ones literally right after the game ended) Müller excused himself at the end of the interview with "Jetzt kommt der Opa drann" or something like that and the Klose was the next german player they interviewed.

funny thing about the ZDF one was that they showed Cesars interview right after Müller said "Jetzt kommt der Opa dran" which was unintenionally funny

• Locked thread