Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Huh, the Master List still linked to the abandoned thread. Oh well. Hooray!

Master List is only good as the goons that update it. If a thread link has changed, you should fix it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr Pepper posted:

Uhhh all the videos have been taken down. :stonk:

they are on internet archive as well, check the red banner on the lparchive page

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pollyanna posted:

I've been getting into humorous group VLPs recently, having just finished Four Swords Adventures. That LP was amazing just due to the sheer hilarious bullshit and dickery between all the different players. Geop's Wind Waker and Faerie Fortune's OoT runs (plus its associated Chaos Mode and Super Wrong runs) are also great and have awesome group dynamics, and watching a blind player being directed by a non-blind player trying to avoid spoilers is seriously funny poo poo. (I don't have the patience to watch all of Geop's Dark Souls LP, though.)

The LPs like those that I've found include Dead Space 3, which was pretty great, and I just found Disaster - Day of Crisis on the archive, which looks promising. Any others like these I should know about?

I've been meaning to recommend this one for a while, but now seems as good a time as any:

Super Smash Bros Wii U with Putty and friends.

You don't see a lot of fighting game LPs, and this one is pretty unique. Half of the LP is Putty going through the entire roster, showcasing the characters moves and strategies with them, before going online to kick rear end one-on-one against random internet people. Putty is pretty decent at Smash Wii U, so most of the time he's able to kick butt. Even when he loses to Smash Wii U Champions, he's able to keep the matches tense and entertaining. These are especially funny because Putty always has a revolving set of guests on the LP to trash talk him. Some of them know Smash and are able to offer insightful commentary while Putty gets his butt kicked in a live stream, while others have never played Smash and tease him mercilessly.

The other half of the LP are people from the subforum taking on Putty in 1v1 matches, which is great, because Putty is open to any and all challengers and the bullshit and dickery between commentators gets even more intense.

So far he's showcased Kirby, Ryu, Mega Man, Shulk, and Rosalina & Luma. Each following character is chosen by forum votes, so if you want to see Putty get beat down as Sonic, you should cast a vote!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pollyanna posted:

I thought Putty was a joke LPer?

Your mileage may vary, I guess :shrug:

Putty's LPs are hilarious. It's your loss if you wanna write'em off without giving them a look.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Do you like weird obscure action games? What about ones made from Treasure?

You should check out frozentreasure's Mischief Makers LP:

The LP itself is really good, since he knows the game inside out, it's a really bizarre game, and he brings on a bunch of great guests like SkippyGranola and dscruffy1. But the LP goes that extra mile when he gets all the "S" ranks for each level and breaks world records. It's amazing.

It's also finished now, so make sure you check it out!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

anilEhilated posted:

Now, if you really want boring, just search youtube for valkhorn's channel. Provided it's still around.

People often forget (but I won't let them) that Valkhorn is immortalized on the LPArchive with seven of their LPs: http://lparchive.org/author/valkhorn

Ballance is Valkhorn's best.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Trizophenie posted:

It probably isn't useful, though. One of the guys has a weird regional accent, and the other is me, so take from that what you want.

:v: :drat:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I don't believe a complete one has been done. Some peeps have been talking about starting some up, so who knows, maybe there'll be three Lisa threads next month.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Got a preference for SSLP or VLP? If not, there's a South Park: Stick of Truth SSLP goin' on, and the game itself is hilarious: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732262

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Acne Rain posted:

what's a good LP of games with bizarre mechanics (like The Void) or hard and obscure puzzles (Riven, La Mulana, etc)

Bizarre mechanics, also by frozentreasure: http://lparchive.org/Mischief-Makers/

grab and shake. grab and shake. shake, shake, shake. just keep on shakin'.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

toddy. posted:

Not about the LP about the cookies the public must know.

Depending on your answer, you may get a helpful recommendation.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Is there a good VLP of this one? The description in the SSLP you linked has me very intrigued, but I prefer video LP's greatly.

I also third the request for a good Until Dawn LP

Cutscenes have video links in that LP.

I couldn't recommend a good straight VLP of the game, but there are dozens of them on YouTube.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dragonatrix posted:

So, does anyone know of any Xenoblade Chronicles LPs that managed to be both good and actually finished?

I only know of Xenoblade LPs that were one or the other. :/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

It made ME cry.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Eifert Posting posted:

I love y'all.

I love all y'all too. :LPgrouphug:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Any Dying Light LPs to recommend? (external, can't find anything here).

I found Gildiss Dragon's Dogma LP while looking for one, how was it? Any other DD LP recommendations?

Gildiss is hilarious and that LP was great. I highly recommend it.

Link is here: http://lparchive.org/Dragons-Dogma/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

It didn't look like that on my PS3, though. Dunno what he did to his footage to make it look like that, but that's not how the game looks. May be his capture device or whatever I don't know.

it looked like that on my PS3, but I'm still rocking one of the original 60GB models, and they don't seem to run games as smoothly as the newer models.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:frolf:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
IGgy IGsen's Dark Souls II LP is good. Covers all the DLC, as well. It is not blind, though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Here's a link to the Youtube playlist.

CLICKY

teamwork

:hfive:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'll second that. i never realized how much work Smasher Dynamo put into their LPs until crow and I tried to take overtheir Super-League Total Extreme Wrestling.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was there some dark and horrible mystery that got the Ribbit King LP excised from the Internet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm not even sure I want to re-watch it, I just need to know I can, if I ever have the pressing need for some more frolf in my life. :downs:

Pins deleted all the vids. It was a limited edition LP. You had to be there, I'm afraid. All that are left are our memories of that wild time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man I am glad my lp breakdown was being lazy.

Ahem. Anyways random question but any good lp on YouTube I can watch on my tablet in bed as I go to sleep? Also any star wars lps?

Yeah, man, Lazyfire did a rad LP of Star Wars: Republic Commando recently: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754178

I've got nothing for vids to fall asleep to, though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
limited edition LPs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Allstone posted:

I've just read The Dark Id's LP of Drakenguard and I've got a hankering, so can anyone recommend me some good LPs of bafflingly/humorously bad games? Either screenshot or video is fine

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

It is both bafflingly and humourously bad.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Happiness Commando posted:

I can't remember the name of the game that was LPed a while ago - it featured an overworld map that was populated by special items that you planted, and inside each area was sidescroll-y action. There was a crazy complex build order for the overworld map as certain things had to be planted in certain places to be able to access 100% of the content. I vaguely remember it looking like the SNES 16 bit era. Help?

Actraiser, maybe?

http://lparchive.org/Actraiser/

Actraiser 2?

http://lparchive.org/Actraiser-2/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AMReese posted:

What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

Thanks for any information.

IGgy IGsen's was fun to watch: http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls-II/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AMReese posted:

What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

Thanks for any information.

Basically, we're all just going to recommend every Dark Souls II LP on SA, so I don't know if any of this was useful.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
With all those avatars you haven't bought for people, surely you have enough money saved up by now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

StrixNebulosa posted:

In case anyone doesn't know it exists, the LP Master list links to every LP done here, archived or no.

I should mention that the LP Master List is entirely goon run. It's extremely possible for LPs to be missed, there are definitely holes, and if someone sees an LP that isn't on the list that they think should be on the list, then they should just go ahead and add it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Gildiss's Dragon's Dogma LP is really good.

Wayne is also doing one in the Casual Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750711

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SelenicMartian posted:

Make an LP where the viewers write their own endings, then vote on them, then some crazy idiot with photoshop/paint mocks up an SSLP episode with that ending out of the game's regular screenshots.
It will still be better than ME3 extended cut.

Lazyfire did something kinda similar where FEAR 2 had a background detail that was unexplained and so he got the thread to write up fake Wikia articles and the like in order to give it its own story. It was really fun!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yo, are there any decent Nuclear Throne streams or lps going on the forum atm that I'm just not seeing?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Carbon dioxide posted:

In fact, incompetent LPers don't exist.

Hello

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I am glad. Not enough good LPs get archived. If there was one that deserved it, it was that thread. Thanks, mod team!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
^^^^^^^
That OFF one is real good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
in that case, i got nothin'

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gonna echo OFF as super good. Both the game and the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tiggum posted:

Lpix is kind of a pain to use if you're uploading a bunch of images at the same time since you have to do them one at a time and then go through and move them (one at a time) into the correct folders. With Imgur you just select them all and they'll be uploaded and automatically put into a gallery.

This is not an issue. Use the Rightload plug-in to upload multiple images into the gallery of your choosing in LPix. It's in the Sandcastle OP.