Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Final Fantasy II by Gabriel Pope isn't a glitch LP per se, but the way he bends its shoddy, terrible coding over its knee is quite impressive :frog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gonna recommend MassRafTer's Sonic 2006 LP

It has the perfect blend of both MassRafTer's disturbing levels of experience and knowledge of how the game is tearing itself apart at the seams and poor Hulkamatt's dread of just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

It's a completely different experience from the other... infamous? LP. It deserves attention because it is fascinating and hilarious how this game has zero redeeming qualities, and the commentary is funny.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kuvo posted:

In retrospect I don't think the Symphonia, MGS4 or Fallout NV LPs are that good :shrug:

This is good though

Haven't watched the first two, but the ending to the New Vegas episode with the Solar Tower had me laughing to tears.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Niggurath posted:

So are you guys looking for an informative and heartfelt look at Sonic 2006? I know I am and that's why I appreciate the new LP going on for the game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903

It shows off the sweet tips and tricks that I'm sorely lacking since my Gamepro subscriptions ran out.

MassRafter and Hulkamatt have a great rapport and are pretty drat funny too. Check this out.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

You don't need to but you should really watch Pork Lift and Wateyad's LP of the original because it's super good

Artix's FFXIII is taking the piss out it really well. Fedule's disdain for the game is so strong you can taste it.

There is no cake batter in it, though?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Imightberusty posted:

I'm looking for LP's with a lot of vocal commentary that can be taken on its own, with or without the video. Basically, I load LP's and podcasts onto my phone before work so I have something other than music to listen to. Sometimes I can watch the video, but more often than not I'm helping a customer or doing something (i work alone, so I can listen to something while i'm busy). LP's that work for this are a lot of supergreatfriend's stuff, rongpuraes (but not really regular RPs, since a lot of the jokes reference things happening on screen), Chip and Ironicus.

I know you need decent commentary for a good LP, but sometimes reactions to visual stuff are a big part of it and I don't want to miss big chunks of funny stuff at work. Anything y'all can suggest? Oh, and streams are cool too.

Let's Play 25 Years of Final Fantasy. Seriously. is pretty good for this. Two chill dudes playing FF1 (for now) and I enjoy their insights and side-discussions (especially the D&D stuff atm as FF1 borrowed a lot from that).

They describe a lot of the monster design and discuss the game's dialogue too.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 28, 2015

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This FE6 thread is pretty swell.

And metal. So metal.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Are there any channels doing good post-release Dead Cells stuff? Preferably from a new file. The good stuff is all early access and the post-release stuff is almost entirely insufferable.

I am also looking for this as insufferable is an understatement. Caught some good streams but something starting from the beginning would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Occultatio posted:

Edited into the original post.

e: also, thanks everyone for the recommendations! The Axiom Verge LP is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for; while Eternal Daughter very well may be, the game itself is so unpleasant to look at that I'm probably not going to watch much further.

Yeah Axiom Verge is a real cool game and it really does some creative stuff with its powerups and theme.