Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Just a heads up, but Daikatana was co-op, not just group commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Geop posted:

Their Advergames thread is on there, and I'm trying to avoid repeats.

I think folks are missing the point of the list; it's meant to be a shotgun approach to some good LPs. We could toe the line from here until the end of time saying what should or shouldn't be on there or what's missing and so forth. I needed maybe five or so good examples for each category and we more or less have that. I think it's okay as-is.

Well, the rest of the thread is supposed to be for recommendations anyhow, so there's no harm in bringing them up. We should simply be less focused on getting things into the OP, that's all.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Epee Em posted:

The You Testament: By General Ironicus with the first game, featuring Jesus, Charlie Brown, mutated models, and texture swap antics with Daeren handling the sequel about the life of Muhammad. Now, religious games have plenty to poke fun at depending on how they're treated and made, but these were the forums' first real exposure to the glory of MDickie. What happens when you take a wrestling-obsessed fundie who may have had a bright future as a Bethesda programmer if he weren't such an egotistic rear end in a top hat? This. MDickie may or may not in fact be Uwe Boll, I know I've never seen the two of them in the same room ever.

Just thought I should mention that MDickie isn't a Fundamentalist. He seems to believe in some odd flavor of New Age Unitarianism, though he's still a smug rear end in a top hat who reads some very zany ideas into both the Bible and the Koran.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Skwirl posted:

If Jesus is the son of god in the game, he's not a Unitarian. He could be some other weird protestant sect though.

Actually, I don't think he is in MDickie's game. Like I said, there's a lot of syncretism with vaguely Buddhist philosophy and then the player gets a bunch of game-breaking superpowers that leave you wondering just how much of this stuff MDickie literally believes. It's hard to tell between all the times Jesus (and later Mohammad) berates you for not seeing how obvious MDickie's beliefs are, but I seem to recall The You Testament goes the "We are all the children of God" route.

I'd go back and check, but I still remember enough that I don't want to.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

WindmillSlayer posted:

Are there any LPs I can watch that will make me question my entire existence like the movie Trainspotting or Requiem for a Dream? I ask as I just recently finished reading Kafka's Das Schloss and am looking for something perhaps a little easier to digest but still meaningful way to spend my Wednesday(That's tomorrow).

Spec Ops: The Line will make you hate yourself for playing it, and watching the LP will at the very least make you feel dirty.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Teddybear posted:

Are there LPs of horror games that aren't in and of themselves scary? I'm a big dork and can't handle scary games (or movies or whatever :ohdear:).

Generally speaking, I think the only LP's of horror games that ruin the atmosphere are of games that aren't as scary as they should have been. That or there's some rear end in a top hat with his head in the corner screaming his face off, but I doubt you'd want to see that.

That said, I can think of one game which is horror-themed but not actually that scary: Illbleed. It's more goofy than anything else.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Herr Tog posted:

This looks loving awesome. Do I need to watch the thirteen one first or who gives a poo poo?

If anything, it makes more sense if you skip the first game.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I feel like the thread for Neighborhood Necromancer (part of the Choice Of CYOA lineup) is criminally quiet, so I wanted to inform you all that the protagonist is currently dressed as a giant duck and chasing after her skeletons who have gone rogue on Dia de los Muertos.

The skeletons are all wearing sombreros and playing trumpets despite the setting being a small town in England.

No one's quite sure how the skeletons can play the trumpet.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

There are something like a million Nancy Drew games out there, but Nancy Drew and the Silent Spy has something special about it. That something special happens to be a writer who apparently watched a couple dozen spy films, didn't understand a single frame of them, and then decided that he could write some clever spy banter despite this fact.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

dancingbears posted:

ChorpSaway just started a double feature LP of Drake of the 99 Dragons and (disguised as the 'cut' version) Drake and Josh on GBA. Holy loving poo poo, what buggy, ridiculous, unplayable, awful garbage. Drake of the 99 Dragons features some fourteen year old's badass undead assassin OC (don't steal!) constantly breaking his arms trying to aim at things and frequently finding himself and others trapped in corners.

You forgot to mention that after Drake gets some supernatural power in the first level he decides that he's invincible and jumps out of a twenty-story building.

Turns out he's wrong.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

People need to be watching the Skate 3 LP. The whole thing is like an episode of Jackass but with extra glitch-induced, self-inflicted pain. The only thing it's missing is that jangly guitar riff.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Kalenden posted:

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good God of War series lets' play? Limp_cheese has some but it is still before HD and Let's plays on Youtube became common.

I prefer thorough or informative LPs mostly.

KalonZombie made one that's all three a while back. It's only the first game, though; he's said he plans on doing the rest eventually, but I don't think that will be anytime soon.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Cool, maybe if I watch it again I can figure out how 20 adults figured "derp" was the crowning achievement of comedy.

To hazard a guess, I suspect the answer is "alcohol."

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Just watch the first videos of both versions and the reason will become clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Alexey has a mental break counter for his Blood Omen 2 LP, which is about a game which combines a poorly written plot with excruciatingly boring gameplay.