Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

gatz posted:

I understand that the OP is in a good state currently. But I think that adding this LP under the informative SSLPs would round the list out.

Wizardry 4 by CrookedB - In this completionist LP, Crooked Bee painstakingly documents the ins and outs of Wizardy 4, and classic D&D dungeon crawler.

I say this would round out the list because there have been many significant D&D-based games that have been LP'd in an informative style. Crooked Bee's Wizardry 4 LP stands as one of the best. Surely it could serve as a prototypical example of this type of LP.

I'll third this. The LP is excellent, and the game is exactly the sort of constant ridiculous bullshit that's much more fun to read about than play yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Actually, I'd like to recommend Psychadelic Eyeball's Super Meat Boy LP for the OP as well. It's an extremely challenging platformer, and he and Wugga break it over their respective knees. Psychadelic Eyeball beats the main game, then gives an exhaustive tour of all the best levels people designed for it. (If you thought the original game was hard, you should see Max Jumper...) Meanwhile, Wugga gets the achievements for beating all twenty levels of each world in the game without dying once, which is almost impossible.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I think the problem is that it looks so much like a banner ad that people reflexively ignore it.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

slowfreq posted:

are there any good LPs of popular games that use a restriction rules (e.g. ocarina of time without opening any doors, mario 64 without pressing the a button)?

Most of Oyster's old archived LPs do this. There's also an excellent archived LP of Spelunky by Psychadelic Eyeball where he does a bunch of challenges after completing the game for the first time.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Are there any decent Pony Island VLPs out there?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

You've read Matul Remrit, right?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Powerfrog posted:

I've only ever read 3-4 CYOA LPs on here and I don't know why I avoid them cos I've loved each one and don't care about participating or not.

Specific request: Any CYOA that begins with a kid or newborn and continues until they're very old or dead? Think "Roy: The game" from Rick and Morty.

None specific: Really good must-see CYOA LPs?
Some from The Game Room: Paradise Lost is very good, and starts with the protagonist as a child. It's set in a sort of not-Mesopotamia where magic, demons and so on are real. It's just started up again after goons got the protagonist horribly killed, so now's a good time to jump on. The Prometheus Cycle is pretty good as well if you like Warhammer 40K. If you want something shorter, I'm enjoying You Are A Tree, which I probably shouldn't describe any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Are there any good LPs out there of the original Starcraft and Brood War? e: Preferably with an LPer who's good at the game.

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 14, 2016