Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I am greatly enjoying Lt. Danger's Mass Effect 3 LP, mostly on account of its highly analytical commentary, focusing on story themes and game design elements etc as they come up in the game rather than just being an "Informative LP" (not that an "informative LP" is a bad thing, but this is something else).

Besides recommending it here, I'd also like to know if there are any other particularly good LPs out there in the same vein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I was pretty cold towards it at first, but I have come to love Melth's max-rank Hector Hard Mode run of Fire Emblem (7).

It had a somewhat rocky start what with some, uh, really kinda awful technical issues but those got cleared up right fast and the LP got down to business, business being; thoroughly demystifying one of the most demanding Fire Emblem challenges out there. If you've ever gone full :spergin: over Fire Emblem mechanics in any of the many other Fire Emblem threads we've had, you're probably going to like this thread a lot. Mostly, it's a celebration of the tiniest mechanics you never knew were so important, and a demonstration that FE7 is much, much more carefully designed than perhaps it seems at first.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Here's the thing though; A not-blind LP of The Witness cannot work.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

FicusArt posted:

Wouldn't that just be a video walk-through?

"This puzzle requires you to do X, so the solution is Y. This next puzzle corresponds with this part of the scenery, so we do Z"

That is more or less the point I am making, yes.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I am on an Invisible Inc high right now and Bifauxnen's so-far-quite-satisfactory thread is just getting started. I need some LP fixes now and I'm prepared to brave YouTube to get it. I checked out Keith Ballard's series because I liked his Witness playthrough but sadly it turns out he really likes reading text and also is kinda hair-tearingly unobservant sometimes (six secondary server terminals observed, remarked upon, hacked, then completely ignored). Got any better?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

That first one singlehandedly turned around my opinion on the ranking criteria on FE7. I have a special appreciation for LPs that can get neck-deep in balance stuff like this; it seriously gave me new appreciation of the game.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Are you following Rock Paper Scissors?

If not, why the hell not?!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Anyone recommend a VLP of NieR: Automata? Preferably either blind or with a blind participant.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Tae posted:

Did you already watch kyles stream, who's the va of 9s?

I have not. It sounds amazing. Link it immediately.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Looking for some good footage of people enjoying Sonic Mania. What ya got?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Once more I thirst for content. Today it's Pyre. There's gotta be some good Pyre content out there, right?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I doubt we'll get a good Pyre LP until someone on these very forums does it. Perfect game for SSLP over VLP.

u wot m8

I'm going to be cross if the inaugural Forums Pyre LP isn't hybrid, because come on. For the time being, though, I'll happily settle for someone making a good attempt at videoing it all.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
After a bit of searching I am now willing to settle for literally anyone who doesn't try to read all of the lines. Jesus Christ why do people still do this. Why do people watch these. Why do people encourage these.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Some LP recommendations by way of Kotaku.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
That I immediately recognise, 5.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Looking for a nice friendly LP of Hellblade. Minimal bullshit preferred. Know any?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I've seen a couple streams of people playing extremely good game Celeste for the first time and slowly developing into platforming gods. I've decided I haven't seen enough. Please help me saturate myself in vicarious Celeste experiences.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Right, I should stress the "first time" part of this. I'm looking for blind runs that went well. (That was a good LP though)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Simply Simon posted:

Have you seen raocow's?

I have not!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Simply Simon posted:

Have you seen raocow's?

Now I have and it was fun. I must have more! Please enable my habit further.

(reminder; blind Celeste runs that turned out well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ricdesi posted:

Don't know if I'm one of those streamers you've been seeing since I just got through playing Celeste for the first time back in October and had to ride that same difficulty curve all the way up, but if not I offer up my run through the A- and B-sides, as well as an attempt at the Flying Golden Strawberry to close it out: Enjoy, I hope?

Thanks for this, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

...You, uh, might want to revisit the tech behind your stream, though, because it's murdering your video.