Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Go check out BeagleRush on YouTube and his ironman impossible series if you aren't probably already watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Does anyone know of a good Persona 4 Let's Play that shows off the voice acting? The one in the archives for just Persona 4 has almost all the videos missing and the one for Persona 4 Golden doesn't seem to have any video to show off the characters talking.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Tae posted:

There's long plays that have no commentary if you're looking for that.
Is it edited well/does the person playing know what they're doing?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

axelsoar posted:

I'm looking for a good surreal/creepy LP in the vein of The Void (CannibalK9 did an excellent LP of this, the guy really knew when to let the game speak for itself and when to add his own touch)/ Yume Nikki / Silent Hill, preferably an informative style, no scare-cam.
I just watched through this one of Phantasmagoria and it seems like what you're looking for. It's an old 90s point and click game with a really good creepy atmosphere. Some of it hasn't aged too well but I'd say overall it's a spooky/surreal game to check out.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of any good Risk of Rain players on Youtube? I recently picked up the game and wanna learn how to play better in the same vein of Beaglerush playing X-Com or Xaiter breaking Binding of Issac over his knee.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

mkob is doing God Hand, which you should watch for two reasons:
  1. It's God Hand.
  2. He's insanely good at it.

Allow me to echo this and simplify your list
  1. He is God Hand

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone aware of a Let's Play of Death Skid Marks by something somewhat knowledgeable about the game? Maybe even someone talking about doing it in the roguelike thread? Thanks

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
No link cause I'm on my phone but a golden oldie crew is the Freelance Astronauts. You really can't go wrong with those guys.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of a solid LISA lp? I thought I remember seeing one pop up in the forums here a number of months ago but there's nothing on the master list.
I played like 2/3s of the game ages ago and just want to see the end third of the game.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I return from my quest for a solid LISA lp with this one done by Youtube Let's Player ManlyBadassHero. He let's the game breath and captures the perfect blend of first time experience and guided tour which for a game like LISA with all it's hidden stuff is perfect.
Check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4kFAVmXm6E

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of a good let's play of Toby Fox's Earthbound hack that isn't the one in the archives? I'm looking for more showcase than trying to be funny over top of the game.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Dancer posted:

There was this off-site Detroid LP that I remembered had 2 distinguishing characteristics: There were at least 3 people running it, and they would each be in charge of one of the main characters, and they re-started and played through the game a second time through. At first I thought it was Men Drinking Coffee, but it turns out they only ran through once. Anyone recognize this?

Sounds like the Super Best Friends. The three of them each took a main character and did a second play through where they picked drastically different paths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Occultatio posted:

It's a minor example, but in terms of "creating something weird that really could only work in the medium of LP," I will never forget video 7 of Chip and Ironicus's LP of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

Really any of Chip and Ironicus's really high quality work fits but yeh, that Blood on the Sand episode is a masterpiece that couldn't be created in any other medium.