Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You missed and/or ignored the recommendation of Disaster in the last thread, so...

Disaster: Day of Crisis by Coulis and friends - Disaster is a Wii game only released in Japan and Europe that tries to tell a completely serious story about a city suffering from natural disasters, and fails miserably at it on account of having absurd gameplay mechanics and characters. Sadly, the LP was never finished, but the thirteen existing episodes are some of the funniest stuff you can find on these forums.

It doesn't matter it isn't in the OP, as long as it lives in our hearts :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only archived LP of Pathologic is quite unfortunate because it features the third character, which is unlocked only after finishing one of the main two, and therefore assumes you are familiar with the story. Pathologic is actually quite straightforward, and everybody should play it.

E: Also by just reading an LP, you'll miss the really unique atmosphere created by a combination of the excellent soundtrack and navigating the inscrutable infected districts.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 11, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr. Maltose posted:

That's weird, because Brass Monkey finished a Bachelor run but it was never archived. I wonder why?

I guess it was before the Archive became popular? Anyway, the pictures are dead now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

I guess it was before the Archive became popular? Anyway, the pictures are dead now.

Anyway, I've just listened to the Pathologic OST, and must re-emphasize that it's THE game with the best integration of audio and visual design I've ever played. It's haunting not because of the story, but mostly because the entire world, and all the sensory input it produces, is just ever so slightly twisted compared to what you would expect, and it produces a constant tension, a constant feeling of dread. Play Pathologic rather than reading an LP, it's worth it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It most definitely isn't his firfrolf

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Man, has anybody bothered to archive the Harry Potter LPs by Rossevelt?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I just checked, I have 12.5 GB of unsorted and probably incomplete RooseveltMD footage, if someone wants that to upload to Youtube or something I'll see if I can up it somewhere.

You are a veritable font of LP history.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

David D. Davidson posted:

The most horrible man on the internet.

So horrible that half of the subforum follows his every move religiously.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love it every time some group is brought up and people come streaming in with glowing recommendations such as "Yeah, they are barely above what I would consider sucking, but I still watch them because I don't value my time."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Speedball posted:

What LP would someone recommend as a nice RELAXING LP?

Alice: Madness Returns is relatively recent, and very relaxed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I still think that the unfinished Coulis LP of this is the funniest thing that has ever come out of this subforum.

And your re-uloading of the videos will never be forgotten :patriot:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

Let me put it this way: I am Czech and I am NOT touching those with a ten foot pole. The development scene here was pretty weird: there was no experience or talent working on game design in the nineties and the only thing that really happened were point-and-click adventures.
Why? They are simple - no need for an engine capable of anything more than scripted events. So there is a rich history of lovely "comedic" adventure games ranging from mid-nineties (which is where the Polda series got started - based on the all-time favorite folk pastime, policeman jokes, then it moved to parodying local celebrities and politicians) to now.
Now, whatever you think about the contemporary "serious" adventure games (and those are indeed horrible because there is not a single competent writer in the entire country) there is one thing to keep in mind: they used to be so. much. worse.

edit: Sorry about the style, turns out battle.net disables the ability of my computer to switch keyboard language to anything with apostrophes.

I own a huge box copy of Polda 3, arguably the worst game I've ever paid for. Though yeah, there's no way that poo poo would work after translation. Even the voice actors were chosen as sort of cultural inside jokes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

They should've released Polda 4, that one is full of Russian jokes. But yeah, I forgot about the VA; the protagonist, for example, is voiced by a comedy actor who specializes in portraying stupidity.

edit: Or was it 5? The one where the Russians build a time machine?
Point is they're games that manage to be both horrible and unfunny and there's really no merit to LP'ing something that missed even its intended audience of one tiny-rear end country.

I suppose the only Czech adventure game with some sort of influence was Posel smrti, aka Black Mirror. I believe there's a German company making sequels to that pile of garbage even today, like fifteen years later. Germans just love dry, unoriginal adventure games.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If we are recommending humorous LPs, High School Dreams: Best Friends Forever: Adventures of Annabellastasia can't be recommended highly enough:

http://lparchive.org/High-School-Dreams-Best-Friends-Forever/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DrLaserfalcon posted:

You want a job? :P

I can't tell if those articles are satire, or if you are literally brain damaged. Probably both.

E: Speaking of job applications - That was my YoutuberReview of DrLaserFalcon, pls use it in lieu of a resume.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

Only goon LPs are guaranteed quality.

Every time I see Lizard Wizard's thread on the front page my sides split.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

Every time I see Lizard Wizard's thread on the front page my sides split.

I don't get this, how is saying that I find an LP thread humorous "hostile"? I thought humour was what people were aiming for.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean, people have been asking for dry humorous LP, and Lizard Wizard fills the bill of being a dry humorous LP author.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

Then maybe try phrasing it a little clearer so it doesn't look like you find the idea itself of a certain poster's threads actually being replied to contemptuously funny.

Sounds like you are against the idea of satire, while Lizard Wizard is obviously a satirical poster. I'm not asking for an apology, but i feel sort of annoyed to be probated for interpreting the LP line-up.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 15, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nidoking posted:

You probably should have E-mailed Fedule, then.

Who the gently caress is Fedule, I must ensure that my outrage is directed towards admins and other important people, not some random posters I've never even encountered.

VVVVV
That may seem reasonable to you, but in my madness I'm no longer bound by any man's rationality. Like an animal I thirst for one thing, and one thing only - an explicit verdict that tedious furries are the cornerstone of this subforum.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you are even vaguely interested in game design and Dark Souls, I suggest you check out Extra Credits' take on them, because these people really know their stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0F-1dMBEGY

Extra Credits is literally worse than trash, and so is anyone watching it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Geektox posted:

edit: Oops, my question was answered 2 pages back re: Witcher. So instead, are there any LPs of the Hitman games where every mission is pulled off flawlessly and any where they go hilariously wrong?

HBomberguy has made a series of Hitman lps that basically showcase how it's possible to walk through the game as a total bumbling idiot with no repercussions.

Highly recommended.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I've been sick lately so I'm looking for good, chill LPs that I can just listen to, not watch, while I'm lying down. Any suggestions?

RooseveltMD made a lot of videos that are just an excuse for him, RockTumbler, CherryDoom and others to talk over each other.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just replace the current banner with "meet hot Philippine brides online"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Worklurker posted:

This series featuring Niggurath, Geop, and Panzer Skank is pretty humorous. Has a Japanese perspective of what they think the United States is like and also Disasters.
http://lparchive.org/Disaster-Day-of-Crisis/

Teddybear posted:

That's a shame. That was one of the funnier LPs. Hope Niggurath says why he pulled it sometime.

Well, if it ever resurfaces somewhere, watch that LP. It was real good.

FicusArt posted:

That sounds hella like a thing I'd wanna watch, but the videos have been removed from youtube by the user, and I swear before someone shows me the banner saying they're archived I checked this page for it like 3 times.

Watch this LP of the same game instead, then: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/167

In my opinion quite possibly the funniest things from this subforum.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Princey posted:

I'm looking for a chill, informative playthrough of an atmospheric and/or exploratory sort of game. Video please, either voice or subtitles are fine.

I've enjoyed the Demon's Souls, The Void, and Deadly Premonition LPs linked in the first post, and I just watched mastigophoran's playthrough of Eternal Daughter and liked it a lot, so 2D and 3D games alike are appreciated.

(Consider that a rec for Eternal Daughter, by the way. It's a neat, quirky little freeware Metroidvania and mastigophoran knows a lot about the game and shows it off well.)

Consider this Youtube LP of Wasteland, which basically fits all your demands; it's pretty much the ideal archetype in making a combination informative-narrative-experimental LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvYcu5qaO-s&list=PL74BAB66E726A508F

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TozmaT posted:

Does anyone know what happened to the videos from this (fantastic) Disaster: Day of Crisis LP? I somehow didn't notice the thread til a while after it closed and only managed to get about halfway in before the youtube links all died for some reason. I didn't see it on the archive; does it still exist or am I out of luck?

http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/167

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kjetting posted:

That's one of my favorite LP's, but due to some long pauses from the game the thread was archived and had to be restarted twice. I have recommended it several times, but it deserves to be mentioned again.
I like how it seems like a bad game at first, but turns out to be quite original and complex for a FMV game, and way ahead of it's time in game mechanics and writing. In the end you actually end up wishing it had been a hit and impacting future games. In reality it was never actually released.

Indeed, if you can get past the production shortcuts that were imposed on the makers (originally it was supposed to be a much more lavish production, but various acts bailed out on them and there were other problems, too) it's quite a smart and interesting concept.

Jeff Green also made MODE and his previous experiments available for download somewhere in response to the thread - maybe the links will still work if you find them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

slowbeef posted:

Oh don't give me that - you're the one who said I was bad at the game.

wow, that's some serious poo poo

E: Missed a page of posts, disregard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are there any good Jagged Alliance 2 LPs? Preferably the 1.13 community update, I don't really care if it's screenshot or video, or off-forum or anything. Thanks in advance.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is better than it has any right to be :stare:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mega64 posted:

What are some LPs where at least one of the LPers hates what they're doing? Not hating the game they're doing or an exaggerated "OH WHY AM I DOING THIS," but a LP where a person clearly doesn't want to be there and has open disdain for what they're doing?

I personally love when Lowtax appeared in a couple of Khad's videos in one of his LP's (one and two) and completely mocks him at every opportunity.

Clownbirth's legendary Peggle LP is similar to those Khad videos, in that everybody in it hates the OP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuL3IRBlxwo

More conventionally, Psychedelic Eyeball and his guests absolutely loathed the AVGN game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vW31A4xRc

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you want an LP of Witness, ride your local bus and watch somebody play Sudoku over their shoulder. You are welcome.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tiger Crazy posted:

Hey can someone recommend me some lp's I like comedy let's plays that can be video or picture such as the Mercenaries 2 Lp. Additionally I loved Wiz grand strategy lp's and grey war in the pacific and his other stuff. I keep hearing about a lp about some space game (andromeda maybe?) that people enjoyed but I haven't been able to find.

If you like comedy, you may like the Men Drinking Coffee catalogue: https://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee

Any one of their playlists is good, but I don't think they are posting threads on SA any more.

Also the funniest recentish LP I can think of is Highschool Dreams, which is much better than it sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otkc686OE3U&list=PL5gsRyzQ-k8MM7TA5tA797a6LCKY6xGbJ

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

Suspicious' classic Tomb Raider LPs (I think he did 1 and 2) were interspersed with bits of history and archeological trivia in the more repetitive bits but I don't think they are on the archive; still, worth doing a bit of digging for.

Tomb Raider, as well as many other old LPs by a bunch of people, have been archived at Baldurk's site:

https://bd.baldurk.org/lp/107

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I recommend this ongoing series about Baldur's Gate. It's technically not an LP in a traditional sense - more like a podcast of two guys playing through the BG series segment by segment with wildly differing attitudes, and comparing their experiences. It's really intelligent, well spoken, humorous, and works even for people who have no prior knowledge of the games or DnD mechanics (such as myself).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's flattering to see my LP recommended but BFG:A is neither a castlevania game and I am not a woman.

Not according to my fanfictions, cowboy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Does anybody please know the thread where somebody LPd the Bulgarian nationalist Europa Universalis mod, Steppe Wolf?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

malkav11 posted:

If we're talking Men Drinkin' Coffee, Ride to Hell: Retribution is IMO their classic.

Golden Compass is still the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

In case you don't feel like getting into an 80 page thread, do, it's seriously amazing.

The guy ends up with a PTSD from going on a stroll in a public park.