Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

You guys sure are a hospitable bunch aren't ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Catastrophics posted:

For a full play through this one looks like it could be promising. No random screaming or facecam, plus there's editing too so no repeats of failed nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDeYBPPlkSs

Oh JESUS. I'd been reading people say great things about this game for a while but that video was the first I ever saw of it. That close call in the first day got me good. :suspense:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

That seems pretty overreactionary for people being interested in a video game but okay.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm not even remotely mad I just don't see the problem in a video game exploding in popularity. :confused:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for a decent voiced LP of the Ratchet and Clank series

There's an LP of 2 and 3 done by some people who worked on the games. They aren't very great at the game, to be honest, and their video quality isn't amazing, but I really enjoyed listening to them talk about the games. You can find the LP of Going Commando here and Up Your Arsenal here.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I found myself enjoying the Mindcrack group's "Ultra Hardcore" survival Minecraft variant series of videos (or whatever it was called) more than I probably should have. :shobon:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

There was one posted earlier in this thread that I enjoyed what I watched. He doesn't really explain how the game mechanics work very much but it's honestly not too hard to decipher for yourself. The main selling points on this LP is there's no scarecam, he doesn't constantly jabber on about nothing or scream, and he edits when he dies.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Baldur's Gate?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

A couple of the developers on earlier Ratchet & Clank games did LPs of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. The LPs are of questionable technical quality but the stories they tell are really interesting, in my opinion.

Doesn't hurt that I love the games.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fair warning about their Darkseed 2 videos-- if you're watching them and you find yourself uninterested because the game is a horrible, repetitive, boring slog, that's because it is. It all pays off though so stick with it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

slowbeef posted:

I really want to make an abridged version to pick up the people who were turned off by the length. The payoff is pretty great.

I don't know if the payoff would have been as amazing if I didn't make it through the multiple hours of Dawson wandering in circles.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I think SwordlessLink's OoT LP is really good and Donkey Kong was mostly interesting. That being said, I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way if I rewatched them as his style is getting really grating to me. Banjo-Tooie was really boring, but Super Mario 64 DS tries my patience to whole new levels as he refuses to edit out any of his hundred attempts to perform a glitch and then starts getting pissed off. I never finished watching it.

I got really excited when I saw he was doing Majora's Mask because I thought it could be a return to form and I love that game, but I ended up quitting the first episode not even halfway through after he
1) refused to edit out cutscenes but instead just playing them in fast forward, mostly defeating the point in leaving them in in the first place,
2) grinded for rupees in the first screen for several minutes, and
3) failed a cutscene skip.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm guessing the answer is "not until Phantom Pain comes out" but are there any good LPs of Ground Zeroes? I just got done blasting through it and I'd love for someone to show me all the cool poo poo I missed out on because drat this game looks like a crazy sandbox.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I only watched DoctorKill's Ocarina of Time LP but I liked it a lot. It starts out really rough but he eventually switches to post- and co-commentary which I feel both worked a lot better for him. Sometimes he got a dud guest since he didn't know most of them before he started recording, but there were far more good episodes than bad episodes overall and it showcased tons of wacky bugs.

It's pretty much where I expected SwordlessLink's LPs to reach until he went and became loving terrible.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening LP is glitchy as hell and fun to watch.

I also enjoyed Just A Friend's Spyro 2 and 3 LPs-- while admittedly not a super horrible broken mess 100% of the time, he shows of tons of bugs and overall it's a good time. I stopped watching the Spyro 4 run midway through though because that game is dull as poo poo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I started reading that when it began but and enjoyed it but dropped it pretty early on.

did the thread ever stop trying to get goblins to gently caress all the time

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

You might be thinking of supergreatfriend's MODE LP. I cannot confirm the green room or whether or not the LP was finished because I did not finish watching it. After a while he started voicing commentary through a text to speech program he called LP Bot and I didn't care for it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Have you seen Research Indicates' Trespasser LP? It's pretty well known so I'm guessing yes but I fell asleep to it a few times. Not because it's boring but it's very chill/informative.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ahem. Anyways random question but any good lp on YouTube I can watch on my tablet in bed as I go to sleep?

Research Indicate's Trespasser LP lulled me to sleep several times while I was sick, not due to it being boring but because it's super chill.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Only problem is that episode 21 has been falsely copyright claimed by "SME". Bummer. :(

Ah whoops, sorry, I've known about that one for a while but never got around to fixing it. I can sort that out this weekend.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's still working on my end?

TheDarkFlame posted:

Didn't that LP have a whole array of copyright issues? I thought it was the Saints Row LP that had a special "Antarctica-Safe" episode.

Yeah that was us and yeah videos usually get blocked on a per country basis. It's kind of a crapshoot and some of the copyright notices didn't start rolling in until long after the video had already been put up. That classic rock station will be my downfall but it's the best radio station by far so I don't really regret it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

I'm trying to find the episode where Shogo Akuji gets buried alive because that cutscene is probably hilarious with these mutants involved.

Hey, just wanted to touch on this real quick. If you weren't able to find the episode at all, it may have been because that episode was actually blocked due to copyright (the ever persistent problem of having The Final Countdown in nearly every episode...). You weren't the first person to bring this up this weekend, so I've reuploaded the video with a slight edit to work around it. You can find it here.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

Please, tell me you have sung it yourself like the last time :allears:

nothing that special this time, I'm afraid! this one had actually been blocked for a while but I'd been sitting on it for so long trying to think of what new joke I could use to edit around it since I didn't really want to repeat myself... but that said the content I'd have to dub audio over isn't really anything noteworthy, so I couldn't think of anything funny for it. but since a non-zero amount of people suddenly started asking about it I got off my rear end and just sped up that section and slapped a midi over it, just to get it done.

...until the inevitable next copyright block rolls around...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

any good Resident Evil 7 LPs? either offsite or on

i know supergreatfriend has a series up but it's tagged as "bumbling through" and while i like SGF a lot i would prefer something from a more knowledged perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Werner-Boogle posted:

I've been watching Oatmealraisins Let's Play Spec Ops: The Line because it was linked in the OP, and I just found out the last episode is blocked on YouTube and the BlipTV link doesn't work!!
Long shot, but does anyone have a mirror or any other way I can watch it?

reached out to oatmeal to ask about this

unfortunately it sounds like youtube killed it for the hendrix track at the end, and he doesn't know where the hard drive with the original is :(