Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
A lot of the resistance comes from the terrible translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It should also be noted that General Ironicus ended up getting too pissed off by the game's bullshit to finish it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Highwang posted:

Not technically a LP, but Voice of Dog's Knock Knock stream recordings were plenty spooky. I don't think he ever finished it though.

Though I might be reading into your intent wrong.

Knock-Knock is a good game, but I don't know how well it lends itself to LP format.

Either you explain how the game mechanics work and take away some tension, or you don't and the viewer is just kind of in the dark, which you could just get by playing it yourself.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

RoadCrewWorker posted:

No kidding.

Here, have some short instant-antidote to that garbage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-O-P-psl4
Probably shows 99% of what the game is anyway.

Apparently there's some crazy AI fuckery towards the end.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Is there a good Sacrifice LP to read?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Suspicious Dish posted:

He killed a guy from DUI. He is a criminal and video games are not important enough to let criminals out of jail.

My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 9. I have no sympathy for him.

:stare: Jesus, guess I won't be re-reading those LPs anytime soon.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mr Tastee posted:

Are there any good LPs of Gregory Horror Show: Soul Collector? I recall watching bits of that game 6 or 7 years ago and I wanted to revisit it.

Jamesman iirc started one, then a technical error forced him to abandon it.

Maybe a youtuber has done it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

nine-gear crow posted:

gently caress that, Ecco the Dolphin has destroyed every poor soul who's tried to LP it.

Didn't a dude get one done for the Hard Games thread?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
A bit off topic, but I'm trying to remember the name of an old LP. It was of some indie game translated from Czech I believe, and it was a sort of fantasy game where you never got to do anything important, everyone insulted you, and you just kept getting sent to do disgusting menial tasks. I don't know if it was ever archived, but I remember that it was finished.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Niggurath posted:

It's nowhere near as cheesy or goofy as the first Phantasmagoria; granted it's pretty dated, but it had a positive homosexual character, some pretty graphic violence, and some incredibly awkward sex scenes. If anything, the pacing of the game is a bit poo poo at times but davidspackage works well enough with it.

I'd want to recommend Ripper: http://lparchive.org/Ripper/ as well but that one ended up being pretty cheesy. I just saw Harvester and figured you might be fine with some level of cheese.

Blister was always a pretty weird guy; I still remember when he green screened himself in the nude for the L4D LP. But Cryostasis was him being as straight as I ever saw him, which also reminds me he did the Blair Witch Project games as well...but those were a train wreck.

I still remember the fallout from his appearance in Faceguy's Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door LP.

So much blood.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Markiplier isn't my taste, but he seems like a smart affable guy, so he's okay in my book.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ultrafilter posted:

I'm going to add a recommendation for ddegenha's ongoing Illusion of Gaia LP. It's an obscure mid-90s SNES action RPG which I think is best summed up with this quote:

Seriously, there's some stuff in here that would not be out of place in a Drakengard game. Go check it out.

Oh man, I love Quintet's output. Totally gonna check this out.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

no they will not posted:

I'm a big fan of narrative in Let's Play - does anyone have any good recommendations for Let's Plays where the LP writer writes their own dialogue for the characters? I know a few years back [before I even signed up for the forums!] I read a pretty good one about Animal Crossing, although that one, let's just say, went sort of... off the rails :o:. I'm looking for something that's a little more traditionally an LP... preferably something ongoing too, because I like being able to look forward to updates. Cheers!

The Dark Id's stuff is pretty good. He does that for most games, with the exception of Nier, which he liked too much to bother editing in new dialogue.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ChaosArgate posted:

Are you sure about that? I read it a little bit ago and I could have sworn I saw some of his trademark edits in there.

I think there were a few, but not as many as usual.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Putty posted:

Are there any LPs where the LPer heroically dies at the end? I'm talking about like Bruce Willis in Armageddon or those two pilots from Prometheus.

imagine an LPer is LPing Sonic Adventure 2 during a gigantic flood or something, he is so close to finishing the let's play as his house floods with water. He slowly says goodbye to his co-commentators as he and shadow the hedgehog heroically meet their ends together

Doug Walker's LP of Bart's Nightmare.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

mateo360 posted:

He has also been playing through his games with his friends and give a commentary on them on his channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkkiai4nXBVL8CqfMQk4KMtKibKJUfBwZ

What explanation has he come up with for the bizarre sex scene in the last game this time?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

mateo360 posted:

Considering I have met people in real life who will ask me where something is while standing right next to it, that's a fairly good bet.

I am one of those people, and it's not any easier on me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Powerfrog posted:

I've really enjoyed those rare LPs where the LPer invents the narrative, like the spooky Animal Crossing one, or that weird space trading merchant game thingy I can't recall the name of. (2 alien friends start off by working in alien mcdonalds or something and then start trading merch over the galaxy)

Ahem, anyway, anything like that? Especially over the last year or so, as I've been quite inactive in this time.

Anything The Dark Id does, and the currently running Dawn of War Dark Crusade LP.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
What's the best LP for the STALKER games?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What's the best LP for the STALKER games?

From last page, in case anyone missed it while making hilarious abbreviation jokes

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Orv posted:

Unlike Geop and Kay, Slowbeef is about as competent as a blind, quadriplegic, fingerless baboon, so there's a reason it's 100 videos long. Which, personally speakibg, is only balanced by the funny for so long.

He's good at the game, he just has no environmental awareness at all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Has anyone ever done a Dynasty Warriors LP?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Does anyone remember an LP a while back about this weird Japanese PSP game where you were some kind of office worker in Hell and you had to do a series of deliberately unfun and insulting minigames? I also remember there was a mode where a flexy muscleman would come out and tell you how to cook ramen.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoubleCakes posted:

I could give it a shot. I don't care for jokes or Dark Id's meta commentary and I want to hear Xenogears legendary score but I should also prioritize cutting down on the time investment.

You're in luck, because he posts links to the score you can listen to while reading

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

JordanKai posted:

It's okay to have different opinions, guys.

I was genuinely just trying to tell him that he at least gets to listen to the score if he reads TDI's LP. :shrug:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

fibio posted:

Hey all, I spotted the Sunless Sea devs were doing a kickstarters and realised that, despite sinking hours into Sunless Sea, I'd barely scratched the surface of their last game. Anyone got any good LPs of the game to recomend?

As far as I know there's only one, but people seem to like it http://lparchive.org/Sunless-Sea/

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Any good LPs of the Klonoa games?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Blood Omen 2 is kinda hard to get through, but that's because the game itself is boring and sucks

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Has there been an LP of Caves of QUD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Someone needs to track down the people who made illbleed. I need an oral history of that game and why on earth they made half the decisions they did.