Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Lance Streetman posted:

Nah, it's fairly bare bones. You really notice the improvements when you're playing the game (especially the widescreen), but on a video it's basically the same game.

All the same, I'm working on doing the Trilogy version of Metroid Prime 1, so there will be one soonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I have to give a recommendation for zfleeman's Pikmin 3 thread. The commentators have natural chemistry, the three of them work together to try and multitask effectively and genuinely get engaged with the game, the audio is really nice to listen to, and the thread itself has been having some great discussion, swinging from talk about the different kinds of fruit recovered in the game to the Pikmin series as a whole, to how terrible the English language is.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Turtlicious posted:

As a request what is Retsupraes best stuff? Some of it is lame but there are some good things as well

The Negotiator series (videos titled "How to X"), Shadow of Destiny, and usually Retsufrash videos are pretty good.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

HGH posted:

I thought the Wii one was nice but apparently no one played that version.

The Two Thrones remake/port? I played that; about 45 minutes out from the final boss, I came to some elevator puzzle and the box that I needed to lift up wouldn't stop phasing through the bottom of the elevator. It sucked.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

IGgy IGsen posted:

What's up with Valkhorn anyway?

On a basic level, people probably didn't like him because of the number of LPs he did in a short amount of time, same with how people don't like Niggurath, despite it being a really petty excuse.

In my opinion, Valkhorn's LPs were usually pretty bland, due to picking games that have very little to talk about in general, and it seemed like he had an attitude of "always gotta be LPing something", which was a bit weird, but he seemed to be enjoying himself fine, so whatever. The annoying part is that he'd constantly make test posts asking for feedback, get feedback that was usually along the lines of "your audio quality is really bad" or "your commentary is boring", give a canned "thanks for your feedback", then post the thread a day or two later without changing anything.

After doing this a bunch, people started calling him out on wasting everyone's time asking for feedback and criticism yet always ignoring the main things people would bring up. Eventually he started a Kairo thread and was super defensive of any criticism in the OP and the thread was almost immediately gassed, and that was about the end of Valkhorn's time on SA, excluding the odd time or two that he'd pop out of the woodwork to explain how everyone in LP is an elitist poo poo and he doesn't have to put up with it (fair cop).

Niggurath posted:

And finally, everyone enjoys some Legend of Zelda and there's quite a few options for LP's going on right now

Also The StrawHatNO's LPs of WWHD and Ocarina of Time 3D (as well as their completed LP of Majora's Mask in the WWHD thread), if you want a more streamlined experience of both of the games than the blind LPs going on at the moment.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

toddy. posted:

I JUST WANT TO BE CHILL BRO!

Who even says "chill" anymore?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Fiendly posted:

Pid by frozentreasure

Fair warning, Pid is like a sine wave in its intensity; on average, it's got a fairly chill tone, but it does get excited every now and then. If you want to not exacerbate a headache, I'd skip over videos 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, possibly 15, 16, possibly 17, and 18.

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 5, 2015

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
The Mario Party LP, for similar fun as FSA.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
When I added my Everything or Nothing LP to the archive, I had to specifically request it be added to the Internet Archive. LPs being on IA always seemed like it was because of video hosts potentially going down and taking all of their videos with them, which is less of an issue with YouTube, at least for the time being, so it's not really seen as necessary.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Ekster posted:

EDIT: That was I think one and a half years ago so you might be talking about some other LP.

Perceptions of time don't really matter, it's probably the one they're thinking of.

However I do recall there was another SL1 LP of Dark Souls. Never checked it out, but I'm pretty sure it had a low thread rating, for whatever that's worth.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Kurtofan posted:

What are good let's players to follow right now?

Scruffy's LPs are good, he has a voice like melted chocolate that you can fall asleep to. Except for the one that I was in, I recommend pretty much all of them.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Blind Sally posted:

Bizarre mechanics, also by frozentreasure: http://lparchive.org/Mischief-Makers/

grab and shake. grab and shake. shake, shake, shake. just keep on shakin'.

I mean I never really thought they were that bizarre. What else would a robot maid do?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I also third the request for a good Until Dawn LP

It's on the docket, I just need a PS4, the game, one or two other things, and probably like half a year to put it all together.

In the meantime, Two Best Friends' LP of it is outstanding; Matt and Pat at their finest.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

VoidBurger posted:

Let's Play seems to attract a lot of lost and sad people honestly. :(

Yeah, people do tend to use videogames and the activity of making videos about them as a form of escapism.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Keep in mind about 65% of that LP was exploration, not strict puzzle-solving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
If you like watching one man's steady descent into fatigued, depressive hysteria, while his friends impersonate Owen Wilson and a crowd enthusiastically applauds (broad market, I know), Bonesaw577's Jak and Daxter 100% run was pretty good.

I also personally thought most of the first day was solid. Weak showing from the marathon overall, but a good first day, and there are highlights throughout the week.

Just go through the VODs thread and see what games stick out to you. https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4r4pyp/sgdq_vod_thread_2016/