Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

KillHour posted:

I'm watching through the Kay Plays Dark Souls LP recommended in the OP, and it's fantastic so far - except for one thing that's really annoying me. Does she ever play online? When I realized she's offline, it removed a huge chunk of my motivation to watch since I already know the game front and back.

She does not go online for Dark Souls 1. She does for Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls, but honestly I don't think that either of those were nearly as good as her Dark Souls playthrough. A huge part of her Dark Souls playthrough isn't just the way she approaches the game, but how staggeringly fast her improvement was. She went from not even knowing which button L3 was at the beginning to being a pretty great player all around by the end of it, and that's just not there for the later games. In those she starts off great and continues to be great, while also not really offering the "completely fresh" experience that the first LP offered. I haven't gotten more than a dozen episodes into DS2, to be fair, but she is constantly comparing the game to the first one "This boss was just X boss from Dark Souls 1 but Y" and "The world doesn't wrap back in on itself like Dark Souls 1 did" and similar, which while valid criticisms of a sequel I guess I would prefer if she was treating it more as its own thing. This may get better later on when the more original and difficult bosses begin appearing and the game really comes into its own, but for the first good bit it just ground on me a little bit.

Demon's has been excellent so far, though a big part of that is that I haven't actually seen anything of Demon's before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Che Delilas posted:

What I mean by that last is that I've found other Impossible LP's but they've all featured ridiculously fortunate starts. I'm talking about Abduction on day 3, Council mission before day 10 featuring a $150 + 5 engineer reward, medium ufo mission complete before day 15, which allows them to deploy four more satellites by the end of the first month. Also 3 out of their 4 starting soldiers have 75 aim on Not Created Equal, sure, why not.

Yep. That's what Ironman Impossible is. You basically have to get mad lucky and also manipulate the hell out of the AI (like with the medium UFO trick) to make it out of the first month without losing countries. You can minimize the damage by starting in Africa and making sure you only lose other African countries, but people who do LPs by and large want to show the optimal way to do things.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Spoiler Alert?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Were you actually looking up spoiler warning, because I remembered the name completely wrong.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

pokie posted:

Putting a warning in the OP would be nice. I discovered the solution by reading a few posts down the thread, so it was totally my bad, but still.

Like this?

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already.:siren::siren::siren::siren: Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Geop pls change the formatting to this tia

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Herr Tog posted:

This looks loving awesome. Do I need to watch the thirteen one first or who gives a poo poo?

You don't need to but you should really watch Pork Lift and Wateyad's LP of the original because it's super good

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

HeartNotes3 posted:

I'm trying to find some LPs with double commentators of classic games, especially N64 era but the lparchive mostly got me subtitled LPs...

If you're looking specifically for 2 people LP's, then I've only got a few suggestions but they're all pretty good:

Megaman Legends by Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus. If you're familiar with Chip and Ironicus you should know what to expect. Chip is really knowledgeable about the game, its secrets and exploits and background and Ironicus is mostly blind and experiencing everything for the first time. They've got great chemistry and are popular for a reason.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 Medibot and My Name Is Kaz have fun with a super cute game. They're playing co-op, both really like the game and know most of the tricks and have good chemistry. This one is a little old, so audio quality isn't quite up to modern standards and you're not gonna get HD video or anything, but it's fun and cute and relaxing and good. They also did an LP of Kirby's Epic Yarn, which while not a classic game is also really good!

Every game to ever feature Sonic the Hedgehog except Super Smash Brothers Brawl by Run Button. This isn't an informative LP, hell there are probably people on these very forums who would say that it isn't an LP at all but they're funny dudes and they try to keep their production values high and they do talk about the games on occasion and it's just a whole lot of content to work through if that's what you need. Some of the early stuff is rough, this started 3 years ago when they were both barely out of their teens, but overall I think it's good and fun and there's a whole lot of it.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Drakenel posted:

I got bored and went looking for the man vs wild lp, but I notice it wasn't in the archives. Had to check the master list to find it. But it's still amusing to laugh at Bear Grylls attempts at 'survival'

Zorak and red's LPs are archived on their website, Kisamayatsu! You can also access all the fanart for the thread from the LP index linked at the bottom of that page.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Turtlicious posted:

No, pretty much everyone hates run button.

Which is why they have consistently popular threads and a fairly large viewer base, and are often mentioned in this very thread! They are just funny guys who are being funny over video games, and basically every game they've done has been done by someone else so you aren't even being forced to watch them to experience the game. People can like different things for different reasons and that's okay! Not everyone shares the hateboner you have for Runbutton.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

CommissarMega posted:

Are there any LPs which are as educational as Bobbin Threadbare's Lecture Series? I'm really warming up to that style of LP.

Zorak and Red's Endless Ocean LPs (both accessible here) are super duper educational. Get your fishlearn on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Powerfrog posted:

Any good LPs of Hand of Fate? (The one released in 2015)
Catsworth did a pretty good one, though it's a blind run if that's not your thing