Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I became an LP fan with The Dark Id's Drakengard LP, due to the sheer :wtc: factor of the whole thing and the buddy cop shenanigans with Caim and Angelus; Any Dark Id LP is fun, but that's my personal favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Space Bat posted:

Does anyone know of a Darkest Dungeon LP where the player is good at the game?

Until an enterprising Goon decides to LP it,nope.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Anyone aware of a Let's Play of Death Skid Marks by something somewhat knowledgeable about the game? Maybe even someone talking about doing it in the roguelike thread? Thanks

Sadly,only one appears to exist- it's by a guy named MetalCanyon . It's decent-no facecam shenanigans,at least.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Way to go, guys! You will never see it coming our plan. The LP subforum will soon be ours!

Translated. Nice try,Fascist!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Schweinhund!

(is that an actual word?)

Apparently, yes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

FillInTheBlank posted:

Can I get a link to this?

Here .

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Any good SA-external Darkest Dungeon runs to recommend? I don't see any going on here in SA.
Well, BaerTaffy is pretty competent at the game and doesn't do facecam poo poo.
On Twitch, BIlly1Kirby is pretty entertaining,even though he does do facecam,he's not obnoxious. Some of the people in his chat are though,be warned.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Mercenaries 2 would probably fill a similar niche. The LP is practically ancient at this point and you probably already know about it, but god damnit, I just watched it for the first time like a month ago, so it counts to me.

The same guys also did an LP of Lost Planet 2 ,which I remember being pretty good.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Are there any decent LPs of Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain out there? The Super Best Friends' one is inept,as always.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just to warn anybody interested,the Youtube comments are full of sperglords who bitch and moan about the lack of "pro strats" or whatever. Just use Comment Snob.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

xoFcitcrA posted:

Sadly, Darkest Dungeon is one of his blind runs. Now I'm on board with this, though. Anyone know of someone running DD with PRO STRATS?

Well,there is this one Twitch streamer named Billy1Kirby who streams DD pretty regularly and is pretty darn good at it. His FTL stuff's pretty cool,too.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Any good witcher 3 lp around here?

Well,ChristopherOdd's LP is pretty competent. He doesn't get every secret or whatever,but he actually plays attention to the story,and doesn't make TOO many cringeworthy mistakes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Caedus posted:

Who does a good Telltale Walking Dead LP? I'm jazzed for season 3 and I'd like to catch up.

Well,the Super Best Friends ones are pretty funny. Warning:lots of Kenny bashing and boat memes for some reason.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

The Season 1 LP is great, but the Season 2 one is one of the worst LPs on their channel imo. They ignore the story context clues the game hand-feeds them because they're so incredibly laser-focused on their hatred for Kenny that it gets other characters killed due to ignoring what's happening to poo poo on him more than once.

Then again,most of the season 2 cast were either unlikable assholes or boring,so I don't mind,personally.

Anyhoo,anyone know of a COMPETENT LP of the new Hitman? It's all poo poo like Jacksepticeye's run-bumbling around like a moron.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Does anyone know a competent LP of Xenonauts? I want to give the game a chance,but all of the LPs I've seen involve flailing like a moron.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

I don't care for jokes or Dark Id's meta commentary

:mediocre:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone have a good, somewhat serious LP of Until Dawn?

Well,there aren't any good serious LP's that I know of, but the Super Best Friends' LP is pretty fun. They even somehow get the best ending. It also isn't facecam,which helps.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

JordanKai posted:

It's okay to have different opinions, guys.

Unless they're wrong

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Seconding that, this LP is comedy gold.

Only problem is that episode 21 has been falsely copyright claimed by "SME". Bummer. :(

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's still working on my end?

On my end,it says that it's been blocked in my country by SME. Maybe it's because I live in Canada?

TheDarkFlame posted:

Didn't that LP have a whole array of copyright issues? I thought it was the Saints Row LP that had a special "Antarctica-Safe" episode. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Indeed,it was the SR2 LP. And Youtbe thinks that Finland,Norway,and all of those little European nations are part of the Antarctic landmass. Because Google.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 15, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

azren posted:

I highly recommend stuff by TheDarkId, in terms of screenshot lps. For video, I get a lot of enjoyment out of stuff by Psychedelic Eyeball, or Chip Cheezum/General Ironicus (their Blood on the Sand lp was marvelous). OatmealRasin and Panzer Skank also did a marvelous advent lp of Blue Stinger. And any Sonic 2006 lp is quite likely to be glorious.

I would also recommend Slowbeef's Dead to Rights LPs. And Lunethex's LP of the Syphon Filter series was loving magical.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Simple Simon posted:

How's the darkest dungeon LP? Remember tagging it to watch it later but now I can't find it.
Is it any good?

It's pretty good.
Just be prepared for Higwang making tons of rookie mistakes and Chitlin giving him poo poo for it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Agent355 posted:

He also explains literally nothing and I had to go and google game mechanics to figure out just what I was watching. So if you don't know anything about the game except it's reputation maybe find somebody else to watch.

Thing is,he's one of the few competent people who have played the series. Not many informative LP's of the series that I know of.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I just talked a friend of mine into getting Bloodborne. He's a little new to the whole Souls-style gameplay,and needs some pointers. Any good noob-friendly Bloodborne LPs? Preferably informative ones,and devoid of facecams if at all possible.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Alright,he's found it very helpful. Thanks!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Sadly,only LP I can recommend of that game is the one by ChristopherOdd,a non-Goon. It's not pro strats or anything,but he's clearly a big fan of the lore and actually tries to pay attention to the dialogue,and he tries to think poo poo through based on what the game gives him. Also,he's not a facecam guy and his voice isn't grating,which are both a big plus.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Did anyone ever do a decent Arkham Knight LP? Offsite is fine I suppose

Dscruffy has one.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Mario Galaxy link doesn't work. Here.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CrazySalamander posted:

Is there a good Horizon: Zero Dawn LP? I'd prefer a skilled playthrough, no facecams. Informative would be nice.

Sadly,none that I know of. ChristopherOdd's LP is the most decent. But even then he's not very good at the game.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Highwang posted:

I've been interested in Kingdom Death after seeing Woolie of 2BFP play it and playing it myself, but is there a playthrough somewhere online where someone actually fully completes the game? I've only found one complete playlist, but the player's not really that interesting to watch.

None that I can think of, sadly. Especially since most "civilized" circles frown upon it as edgy garbage,and SA poster FirstAidKite says that anyone who likes it is a rape apologist. That's what he said on Steam when I asked him the same question.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Olesh posted:

I've seen a lot of criticisms related to the hosed-up art, but is there something else I'm missing? Is this a D&D 5E sort of deal, where one of the people involved in creating the game is a horrible person, or is this a reaction to the oh-so-edgy deviantart art style used for the game?

It's more of the latter,combined with the female characters being depicted as busty babes and some of the monsters looking like stuff from Berserk.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Fedule posted:

I have not. It sounds amazing. Link it immediately.
Here ya go:
https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Tae posted:

Ooh, the yelling part might not be your thing then. I was gonna recommend a channel that has a blind playthrough with guys that are total MK lore nerds.

I wouldn't mind a link,myself.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

We are, though we're substantially more, uh, dynamic than unfair ever was, and DH2 will if anything be more so than our play of DH2 considering the guests we have in mind.

If you're looking for someone subdued and dry our LP will definitely not fit the bill.

Also,expect lots of whiffing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Chugga is not funny at all most of the time and is in fact a little infuriating

:frogout:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Seconding this one, especially the Urban Chaos: Riot Response LP, which was actually helmed by Lunethex.

For a good example of a co-op LP of the two, the Dawn of War 2 LP is goddamn amazing. It includes such amazing antics as Catvitus, Coolguye's Litanies of Hatred, Cyrus blowing poo poo up (sometimes his allies) and don't forget MORE CORPSES.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Same. That really is such a good idea for a subtitled LP. :magical:

Speaking of cool subtitled LPs, I wanted to reccomend JohnOfOrdo3's LP of Little Nightmares. It's got a very cute gimmick.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

Anyone got a good recommendation on Wolfenstein? I wanna watch some funny dudes talk over Nazi murder, preferably with the cutscenes / lore bits kept intact.

Your Evil Twin did a fun LP of the '09 game. And Lazyfire did LPs of both New Order and Old Blood.None of them talk over cutscenes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I just want him to do a full LP of anything before his liver inevitably rebels and kills him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Pierzak posted:

Let's Pay Drakengard 2, as told by Yoko Taro :getin:

I was more thinking one of the original Fallouts, but it would be much more fun to watch Taro-San rip apart a bad game than play a game that actually has good writing and storytelling.