Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Timid posted:

Are there any not terrible video LPs of The Sims 3?

Most of the ones I find on Youtube are either basically vlogs, or are just uninteresting in general

Its off SA but the Stream Friends are doing a Sims 3 series on twitch (link goes to the youtube archive) because one of their members has never played a Sims game. Its a little vlog-y but I like this one because they are starting with the vanilla game and adding an expansion every couple of streaming sessions, and its really fun to have someone in the videos who has never played the sims 3 before and seeing her reactions to the weird things that sims often do that most of us are used to already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

For any others who want to find the LP, the youtube playlist is here! and I also highly recommend it, its a fun LP of a game that is both mind boggling and hilarious in its badness.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I like Run Button for the same reason I like Pork Lift and wateyad's LPs; I'm not there for the game, or to watch anyone play it, I'm there to listen to funny people bullshit about stuff and make fun of the game they're playing because it reminds me of when I was younger and sat on the couch with a bunch of my friends chatting about nothing while playing video games.

If that's what you want and expect going in then you're not going to be disappointed but if you expect a more "traditional" LP then yeah you are not going to like it in the slightest and that's okay too!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

That was ChaosArgate and his LP isn't on the master list or in the archive as far as I can tell but you can view the videos on his youtube channel!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

So I'm pretty sick right now and basically can't do anything but lay in bed and/or sleep without being in massive pain. I need something to keep me occupied while I don't have the energy to actually play games and the LPers I already follow don't have anything new up.

I like a lot of things, and I can put up with a game I'm not normally into as long as the commentary is interesting and/or funny - the only stipulation here is nothing overly gun-heavy. I generally prefer "friends on a couch" style VLPs where the people talking actually have some chemistry with each other, so stuff like Geop's Dark Souls LP, pretty much anything Run Button do, Pork Lift and friends, Danaru's LPs etc. I'd like something that's interesting enough to keep my attention when I'm awake, but without overly loud commentary in case I happen to fall asleep while its on.

I know its a weird set of requirements but I trust you guys!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Speaking of Geop and blind LPs, if you don't mind something that's currently ongoing then he's doing a fantastic Wind Waker blind LP right here along with Vicas, Kuvo and Panzer Skank!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Danaru's LP of every drat Metal Gear Solid game is also a good one that is really fun to watch and listen to, he and his co-commentator Grace have a great dynamic and its one of those things where you can tell how close they are by how they interact which is very :3: all around really.

Also Dan gets drunk a lot and says/does silly things, so there's that too!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Blue Stinger by OatmealRaisin and Panzer Skank is super funny too, as is pretty much anything Danaru and his partner does link goes to his youtube channel because if I didn't do that I would literally be linking every LP they've ever done

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

For chill LPs you really can't go wrong with CannibalK9's LP of The Void or his LP of The Talos Principle. The Void was hosted on blip/viddler but there's an internet archive link at the top of the LP archive page. They're both super chilled out LPs though, and CK9 has a really relaxing voice to listen to!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

How much of OOT Chaos Mode did you see? because Artix, Argate, and Fae did a full LP of it. They also tackled Wind Waker Chaos Mode, which isn't as mechanically random as Ocarina's was, but still managed to get even more hosed up in awesome ways, to the point where it had its own Bingo card of potential glitches.

Just a note for Wind Waker chaos mode, if you're photosensitive at all then please be careful, the game likes to flash colours at us quite rapidly and at best its really hard to look at, at worst it'll give you a seizure. If you're worried about it, turn youtube annotations on because Artix was super kind and put up warnings for the flashing colours in them, just to give people warning!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I'm dry on video LPs where people shoot poo poo about dumb JRPGs. Enchanted Arms LP hasn't grabbed me yet, the Eternal Sonata LP updates very slowly, and Skies of Arcadia LP is ending soon - what else is there?

Its not a "proper" LP but thevoiceofdog did a bunch of Final Fantasy 8 streams with some buddies of his that are really fun to listen to!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Cool Ghost is currently doing a super rad LP of Final Fantasy VIII where they actually go out of their way to find every plot point and sidequest. They've gone to a lot of effort to analyse the plot and characters and its really turned around a lot of people's opinions on the game, including me!

If you want some things where you can interact with the thread and make choices that'll affect things, ChaosArgate is doing SMT Devil Survivor with some thread interaction to decide what the main character does in their spare time as well as plot important choices. Also along those lines Mysticblade is doing Shira Oka which is a really weird but aggressively interesting visual novel/raising sim inspired by Tokimeki Memorial!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Dazzling Addar has a currently ongoing LP of Dark Souls 3 that is basically two LPS. One where she plays the game completely blind and then another one that's more experienced and informative. I love both LPs a lot, Dazzling Addar is really nice to listen to and even in the blind videos she doesn't go all wacky and pretend to be angry, she just enjoys the experience!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

looking for the LP version of a podcast, I guess? something I can just put on and listen to while doing something else. I already know about RunButton, so maybe something in a different vein?

Iron Chitlin did a run of Legend of Grimrock for the casual LP thread that I absolutely love. Its just a group of friends getting together to watch Chitlin play a game and occasionally play accordion and its a lot of fun!

Alternatively a thing I've been doing recently is watching the Super Meat Boy races that Smite hosted a while back! I have like...zero interest in the game but its fun to listen to people get together and race, and watching the bonus races is what inspired me to start hosting my own!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

FutureFriend posted:

i wanna find some lps with some funny rear end people, would prefer group commentary and kind of some people outside of the general famous rear end SA people. don't really care what game it is either, i just want some goofs who are a bit more obscure and preferably on this forum.

Its ongoing but UZworm is doing Skyrim with some buddies and its a really good funny LP that evokes that "friends on a couch" feeling for me, which are my favourite kind of LPs

and of course I can't talk about couch commentary LPs without bringing up Danaru's thread where he's playing the entire Metal Gear series along with his boyfriend. Its a great LP and for obvious reasons the two have really good chemistry and despite their insistence otherwise, are very funny people!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

There's always DoctorKill's Zelda threads, where he plays Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask completely wrong. I can't speak for the MM one since I haven't seen it but the OoT one is great, with dungeons being done in the wrong order, at the wrong time, with the wrong items, with a level of skill that borders on wizardry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Jygallax posted:

Can anyone recommend some LP's of some FMV/point and click games which are mystery/detective/horror themed? Preferably ones with two hosts to play off each other. I recently finished an LP of Contradiction: Spot the Liar! and now I'm itching for more like that. Bonus points for being really cheesy.

Not a full LP, they are in fact stream archives but Voidburger and Chip Cheezum did Sanitarium, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Phantasmogoria: A Puzzle Of Flesh and Harvester! The two of them have great chemistry together and the games vary from interesting and actually kind of intriguing to downright cheesy and hard to take seriously. If that's what you're after, I'm sure it'll keep you occupied for a while!