Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hear me out on this marvelous idea I had about golden goals, time limits, and subs. It'll blow your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Argentina and Germany could have conspired to send the Dutch team off the planet.

WC extra time solution: players are replaced by the children that led them out of the tunnel.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Penalty shootouts where the first player to miss has to sit out his next two games. Optional bonus version: flogging.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

After the end of extra time put in one substitution into the game for each team every 5 minutes, game doesn't stop while the subs enter, goalkeepers subs only allowed when no others are available

Or

Add another ball to the game every 5 minutes till someone scores.

I don't care about changing the rules I just want to see either of these happen.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Xachariah posted:

Add another ball to the game every 5 minutes till someone scores.

I would legit enjoy this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
After extra time, each team picks their best 4 players and sends them to their own box. Ball is placed in the middle. When the ref blows, both teams run to the middle to try and get possession first. Keepers get penalties for handballs. First goal wins.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I would legit enjoy this.

that would actually own

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Penalty shootouts where the first player to miss has to sit out his next two games. Optional bonus version: flogging.

Comedy option: blindfolds.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I trying to gas this thread and ban everyone but my mod buttons are not working.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
When I played indoor a few seasons ago, the method for overtime in tournaments was as follows:

Beginning overtime was 5 minutes with a full squad.

Still tied after 5 minutes? Remove one field player from each squad.

Still tied? Remove another.

Continue until there is one field player and one goalkeeper for each team. At this point the clock is turned off until a golden goal is scored.

I was in one of these once. It was brutal.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

El Jebus posted:

Comedy option: blindfolds.

This is also an excellent idea.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the posted:

When I played indoor a few seasons ago, the method for overtime in tournaments was as follows:

Beginning overtime was 5 minutes with a full squad.

Still tied after 5 minutes? Remove one field player from each squad.

Still tied? Remove another.

Continue until there is one field player and one goalkeeper for each team. At this point the clock is turned off until a golden goal is scored.

I was in one of these once. It was brutal.

cool story bro

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

they could also release tigers and lions onto the field in extra time to spice it up imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Polidoro posted:

I trying to gas this thread and ban everyone but my mod buttons are not working.

You can only ban the Dutch.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Teron D Amun posted:

they could also release tigers and lions onto the field in extra time to spice it up imo

no way, African teams would be at an advantage cause to them that's Tuesday

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Xachariah posted:

no way, African teams would be at an advantage cause to them that's Tuesday

Unacceptable

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Agreed, tigers are from Asia

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Bogan Krkic posted:

Agreed, tigers are from Asia

And Bears are from Ireland!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It sucked to go from the Germany/Brazil game to see 2 teams want to not lose more than they wanted to win.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And for overtime rules, after the regulation 120 it's decided by a three-round brolympics of pool, pinball and air hockey

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

sweet thursday posted:

It sucked to go from the Germany/Brazil game to see 2 teams want to not lose more than they wanted to win.

I don't know man, brazil looked like they wanted to lose pretty badly :newlol:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Montasque posted:

If Messi does this on Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJBXfKtOiM

Then I will believe.
Max von Sydow increases the rating of any film he's in by a full letter grade or numerical equivalent.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

why dont instead of pks they do thunderdome in the centre circle, nigel de jong popping higuain in the chops with a sledgehammer
de Jong brutalizing someone should become a World Cup tradition.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Haimoudi/Nishimura for the third place match

Eriksson is the name being touted for the final. Hoping that means Geiger as the 4th official. We'll know for sure at 3pm local Brazil time tomorrow, but we will probably know in the next few hours if another name doesn't come forward

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

If the game is still tied after extra minutes, the field opens up and Kitchen Stadium rises from midfield. Chairman Kaga gets to unveil the secret ingredient and the teams of eleven players will have 30 minutes to prepare dishes for a panel of celebrity judges.

Score:
0 - 0 regulation
Belgium wins in overtime with Eggplant Waffles

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

tbp posted:

And Bears are from Ireland!

Bears are from Tom's house lmao

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

:goatsecx:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To nobody's surprise, Fred has been labeled the official scapegoat to the brutal pounding Brazil got from Germany, and will be left out of Saturday's roster.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Scyantific posted:

To nobody's surprise, Fred has been labeled the official scapegoat to the brutal pounding Brazil got from Germany, and will be left out of Saturday's roster.

I hope Holland wins 10-0.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Is this news yet.

https://twitter.com/fellainiM/status/487290259596906496/photo/1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scyantific posted:

:rip: fred

:rip: afro

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

wtf

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

This is worse than the Felicity haircut fiasco of season 2 of Felicity

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jet Jaguar posted:

If the game is still tied after extra minutes, the field opens up and Kitchen Stadium rises from midfield. Chairman Kaga gets to unveil the secret ingredient and the teams of eleven players will have 30 minutes to prepare dishes for a panel of celebrity judges.

Score:
0 - 0 regulation
Belgium wins in overtime with Eggplant Waffles

Yes. This. Excellent. And if there's a tie at World Cup Master Chef, we go for World Cup Only Connect. "Mr. Messi, you chose the Water wall."

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

#Newhair #haircut #hairdresser #hairstyle #hairdfashion #jeanclaudebiguine #sebahtmichel top guy

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Noooooo he was literally a Dick Tracy villain, now he's just some schmo

Legit bummed about a haircut!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dkj posted:

#Newhair #haircut #hairdresser #hairstyle #hairdfashion #jeanclaudebiguine #sebahtmichel top guy

all it needs is #pussywizard

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://vine.co/v/MxBLtbXX5P0

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

It actually hits his shoulder after the keeper saves it so it wouldn't have counted anyway.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Machinegunboyo posted:

It actually hits his shoulder after the keeper saves it so it wouldn't have counted anyway.

Way to ruin the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Machinegunboyo posted:

shoulder of god

• Locked thread