Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
I'm guessing lots of diving, a few cards, and a marginal victory for the clog wearers at 90 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

regulargonzalez posted:

To follow up on the football analogy, here is a modest proposal that I think would be more interesting. Should probably go in the newbie thread but in the interest of continuing the discussion here, I'll leave it. Especially since nothing is going on in the game.

So, each team gets a turn on offense. They start with the ball at midfield, if ball goes back across it, it's reset at midfield again with the offense having control. Defense plays a man down. Offense has 5 minutes to score as much as they can. Repeat with teams switching offense / defense roles. If tied after this first round, repeat but this time the defense plays 2 men down (or 3 if it goes into a third, etc).

Hmm I see where you're going with this, but I think we can do even better. I find the rectangular goal to be a strange concept. A ball can just roll in. What's the challenge with that? How about we make the goal round and suspend it from the air? Some sort of basket. Also I think we should make it illegal to dribble. Which means that to get the ball forward, we will see constant passing, adding an element of danger to the play because they can lose the ball much more easily. We'll see the end of boring possession-based play this way I think because of the repeated turnovers.

I was also thinking of adding some fixed positions, or "bases" if you will. Players will have to rotate between those "bases" as and when they get the ball, and when a player makes a full rotation, we consider that a goal, in addition to the option of scoring it through the "basket" that I mentioned earlier.

And finally, do the players have to use their feet? Wouldn't we make the game much more dynamic and interesting if they were allowed to use their hands as well? Would make for far more interesting plays, in my opinion. Maybe we could even add bats into the element. Your thoughts?

• Locked thread