Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Division?
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Joe Montana
I don't play but felt like voting anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Season 6... I'm pathetic. Overnight me some Raisin' Canes, so I may wallow in self-pity.

It's once again time to face fantasy hell with the 20-team fantasy league! Enjoy the struggles of having to select between Chris Ivory or Marcus Lattimore for your RB1 for your win-or-go-home game against the guy starting Sam Bradford. Silently weep yourself to sleep over the fact that if you had only taken a DEF before you decided to take a backup WR, you'd be dominating the league.

The 20-team fantasy league enters its SIXTH season this year, and as any of the vets can tell you, it is a BLAST. To the vets (and former members), please make sure you claim your spot soon. This waiting list is starting to become longer than Green Bay's.

:siren:LITERALLY ALL THE RULES ARE HERE, READ THEM:siren:
(no, veterans, there is no hidden prize this year, I promise)

DRAFT IS CURRENTLY SET FOR :siren:Sunday, August 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM ET:siren:
(although this is negotiable)

Members
Priority goes to the 19 lucky gents (and 1 gal) who got into the league last year. These guys will have til about Aug. 1 to tell me IN THIS THREAD that they are going to participate (even if you have already through PM/in the season 5 thread). I am not psychic, and I really don't keep up with HILARIOUS FORUM JOKES, so I do not know if you've changed your username, so you know, lemme know if you did that. Also, if you're changing your team name, tell us so we can update the OP. IF YOU ARE A RETURNING MEMBER, ALSO POST IN THE LEAGUE PAGE TO CONFIRM YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ.
:siren:All but one of y'all returned, proving once again this league owns hard.:siren:

Second priority goes to people who are still interested from last year's waiting list. You are listed below if you're in this group. The way I decided to handle this is that these people get priority over the newbies, but only if you explicitly tell me they are interested now. IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE FOR PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP. THIS IS LARGELY A TEST TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVE AND WHO JUST DROPPED IN AND WANTED ON THE LIST. If you do not re-claim your spot in 72 hours, you're off the old list. I have extended the "old" waitlist reclaim window by 24 hours just because I am a nice guy.
:siren: The window has passed. Sorry y'all. :siren:

Third priority goes to anyone and everyone else, in the order you post here. Please keep in mind that joining the wait list this year usually means you'll be waiting at least until next year. :siren: CLOSED FOR ANOTHER SEASON Y'ALL :siren:

Scoring
This can be debated, but I think we've settled on the scoring. Return yards have worked very well for the league's depth, particularly for the D/STs. For quick reference, here it is:

BREAKDOWN
The draft *does* take time, but really the roster is smaller than most. Most people seemed happy with the way the rosters were last year, but we are always up for debate to expand it (contracting is out of the question). Last year, we voted to expand the rosters to:

QB, RB, WR, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, TE, D/ST, K, 5 BE, 2 IR

DRAFT
We will be doing a live draft again, and the less said about the literally day-long offline draft we did during season 1 the better (so don't loving ask to do an offline one). I'm amenable to changing the draft date *a little*, but I really want to keep it as is unless too many of us miss it. Please plan your schedules accordingly. Set your rankings, and get a friend to draft for you if need be (better option).

Draft order will be randomized after the league is officially filled. IF YOU TRADE DRAFT PICKS BEFORE THE DRAFT ORDER IS DETERMINED, THESE WILL BE RESET.
:siren:DRAFT ORDER SET! YOU MAY TRADE PICKS NOW!:siren:

LEAGUE SCHEDULING
I have yet to set up the schedules. As the vets know, this takes me time to do... I'm a lazy sack of poo poo and often wait til opening Thursday to do it.
your schedule will look like this:
-8 division games
-3 conference games
-2 OoC games

We keep the same divisions, as always. If a division wants to change their name. The AFC and NFC conferences will be placed on other ends of the real playoffs when the time comes. If you can't understand which is which, :frogout:.

PLAYOFF BERTHS

I could have sworn I had a section on this, but since I am asked this every year, I'm putting it in the OP. :siren: IGNORE THE ESPN PLAYOFF BERTHS, THEY ARE WRONG. :siren: The playoff berths are determined using the ACTUAL RULES THE NFL HAS. In some cases, I skip a tie-breaker, like "margin of victory", because you cannot control how the other team scores.

SEASON 6 WHACK-A-DOODLES:
code:
SA NAME                   TEAM NAME
JetsGuy                   Johnny Doesn't Give a gently caress
Power of Pecota           Akron Peppercorns
Silly Burrito             Tiny Elvis
Stevie Lee                1017 BRICK SQUAD
FlyWhiteBoy               Bust A Kaep
braksgirl                 Taco Tuesday
halonx                    Wisconsin Cows
MikeyKins                 Sesame Berts
commish                   Baller Status
Eltoasto                  Spinnin' Frennys
jabro                     bELIeve Dirty Sanchez
bbf2                      Aaron H's Hand gun Emporium
tuckfard                  RATED R SUPERSTARS
seventeen                 The Hot Dog Heros
chrix                     Naptown Sleepers
tadashi                   der juicen Lives Forever
darkwolf220               Good Rooster
Pain of Mind              San Francisco PoM
anime gently caress pillow         Solid State Poo
JuicedSixFo               Zoltan Mesko
(*ed guys haven't posted in the league page yet)
(^ed guys HAVE posted in the league forum, but haven't recently posted here)
Either mark means their place is not yet concrete.

SEASON 6 OFFICIAL WAITLIST (CLOSED FOR THIS SEASON!)
code:
[s]Gyshall[/s] - Passed on the opportunity
[s]anime gently caress pillow[/s] - Took the place of the fallen der juicen
old dog child
LINK FOR THE LAZY:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=524484&seasonId=2014

HALL OF HONOR:
Season 1: J-City Rockstars [Joe Montana Division]
Season 2: bbf2, Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 3: bbf2, Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 4: JuicedSixFo, Zoltan Mesko [Dan Marino Division]
Season 5: Chrix, Naptown Sleepers [Bart Starr Division]

LEAGUE HISTORY:
Season 5 - The Only Place Dan Marino Gets a Ring
Season 4 - Bounty Programs Aint Crazy Y'all
Season 3 -
Season 2 -
Season 1 - Let's Go Nuts

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
ALL RISE, FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

The Dan Oath

JuicedSixFo posted:

Dear Daniel Constantine "Dan" Marino, Jr.,

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce all other divisions and abjure all allegiances and fidelity to any managers of said divisions; that I will support and defend The Dan Marino Division and laws of the 20 Team Fantasy League against all poo poo talkers, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of The Dan Marino Division when required by the commissioner; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Dan. Amen.

The Starr-y Future

seventeen posted:

In the not too distant future, when the championships of Montana and Marino have faded into a distant memory, when auction draft has become the one true format for NFL Fantasy Football brought to you by Pepsi CoŠ, there will be an era of great darkness swallowing the world as we know it. Forever, darkness. In the distance, millions upon millions of miles away, a lone beacon of light will twinkle like championship bling resting on a black blanket. A ball of gas and space waste, once alive, is dead and yet still caressing our dark planet with a touch of light, a beacon of hope.

Is it a message from beyond? Is it visitors from another universe to rescue us from our dying planet? Nay. It is a sparkling glimmer oh hope, a sly wink; a knowing wink of encouragement and inspiration. Through the rumbles of Earth's plates shifting, a voice bellows from the great beyond, "You can't kill a Starr, bitch"

The Dan's Prayer

JetsGuy posted:

Hail Dan, who Art in Canton,
Hallowed be thy name,
thy touchdowns come,
thy divisions won,
on forums, as they are in Canton,
give us this win, our weekly :smug:,
and forgive us our losses,
as we forgive the Namath,
and lead us not to Montana,
and deliver us from Starr,
for thine is the division,
the league, the glory forever,
Amen.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 9, 2014

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
LEAGUE WAIT LIST PROCEDURES, IN DETAIL

This is to be explicit about the entry procedures, in case it isn't clear enough from above.

Like last year, I'm not PM'ing past wait listers because ultimately, it's the same race to see who has no life can check the thread around the same time I decided to post it. :v:

I have (slightly) updated the policy from last year, wait listers now get 72 hours (instead of last year's 48) to re-claim priority over this year's wait listers.

POLICIES ARE BELOW

POLICY 1) All active members get until the end of the month to re-claim their spot. IF THEY DO NOT **ALSO** POST IN THE LEAGUE FORUM TO LET ME KNOW THEY CAN ACCESS IT, THEY WILL BE BOOTED, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH THEY'VE INDICATED INTEREST OTHERWISE

POLICY 2) All members of last year's wait list get 72 HOURS to re-claim their spot.

POLICY 2A) Last year's waiting list members are in a competition with each other. That is, their old position no longer matters. I realize this is a little unfair to people who can post from work. I am sorry about that, but the way I look at it, the more active a poster is, the better the league thread is. :shobon: A poster who used to be very active may not be as active anymore.

POLICY 2B) Last year's waiting list members, so long as they post in this thread within 72 hours of it going up, will get preferred placement over guys who are entering (or re-entering) the fray.

POLICY 3) Everyone else gets put in the order they respond to the thread.

POLICY 4) If you are called up from the wait list, you have 24 hours to respond.

AGAIN, the wait list has gotten so that some people have been waiting *years* to get into the league. That is why the "old" wait list guys get preferred treatment, because they keep re-upping. No system is perfect, but I really try my best to be as fair to as many people as possible.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 9, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
sign me up for this if there is space/waiting list. Is there a buy in or just for ~~~GLORY~~~``?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Gyshall posted:

sign me up for this if there is space/waiting list. Is there a buy in or just for ~~~GLORY~~~``?

You're on the wait list. If the forums software hasn't collapsed under the never updated Radium spaghetti code by then, see you in three years when you get off it. :v:

Also, we don't do buy ins, this is purely for :smugdog:.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Back and repping the Bart Starr division~

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Quack quack quack says the duck.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
This is the season of Namath. Gonna get fuckin hammered before the draft (DURING WHICH I WILL NOT BE WORKING THIS TIME).

I'm back as 1017 BRICK SQUAD.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

Back and repping the Bart Starr division~

Post in the league thread too son, love ya too much to lose ya. :gay:

Silly Burrito posted:

Quack quack quack says the duck.

Stevie Lee posted:

This is the season of Namath. Gonna get fuckin hammered before the draft (DURING WHICH I WILL NOT BE WORKING THIS TIME).

Y'all back in.

FlyWhiteBoy
Jul 13, 2004
I will be participating again in this nonsense.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I am back in. All ye bask in my mediocrity.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

hmmmm....

LAST YEAR posted:

JetsGuy posted:

****WALL OF SHAME****

People who were late or didn't show up:

Breesus Christ
Hot Dog Heros
1017 BRICK SQUAD

I changed my team name to "Johnny Doesn't Give a gently caress" but I'll probably change it again.

FlyWhiteBoy posted:

I will be participating again in this nonsense.

Good. Post in the league thread too, thanks!

Braksgirl posted:

I am back in. All ye bask in my mediocrity.

reg'd.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

hmmmm....

ya I posted days in advance that I wouldn't be there because I had a poo poo job and had to work nights

90% chance I'll be there for the entire draft this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I need a new team name. Using the Dan's name didn't work out too well last year.

Also, I'll keep that third place draft slot thank you very much. None of this randomized stuff please. Not good for you.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

ya I posted days in advance that I wouldn't be there because I had a poo poo job and had to work nights

90% chance I'll be there for the entire draft this year.

Yeah, you and Seventeen both had job stuff. Still puts you on wall of shame.

tadashi is the only one who plum forgot.

Silly Burrito posted:

I need a new team name. Using the Dan's name didn't work out too well last year.

Also, I'll keep that third place draft slot thank you very much. None of this randomized stuff please. Not good for you.

You should probably focus on getting us some usable video trash talk software. Last year sucked with no XtraNormal

halonx
May 4, 2005

WOooooooooo. Wisconsin Cows is back and possibly changing the lame name at some point..

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Google Hangout for the draft?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I'm in of course.

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
My groin is throbbing just thinking about the draft.

Sesame Berts back and ready to go slightly above or below .500 again!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Spinnin Freeneys reporting in. Can't wait to finish 2nd in the poonhound Namath division once more. RIP Dwight Freeney, your name lives on with my above average fantasy team.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Updated.

Frankly, I'm shocked that none of the former wait listers have posted yet.

EDIT:
If any of y'all know hwo to get in contact with the Juiced man, please let him know we want him back and he should unban himself.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Percy's Hip is in but will more than likely be changing my name unless I draft Percy again and his hip does get another boo-boo.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I changed my name. I am now Taco Tuesday because my kids make me watch The Lego Movie everyday.

I wanted to be Freedom Friday But Still On A Tuesday, but you know, that was too long.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I think I've updated everything, including people who have posted in the official league page.

MikeyKins posted:

My groin is throbbing just thinking about the draft.

I want to change the league name to this.

Braksgirl posted:

I changed my name. I am now Taco Tuesday because my kids make me watch The Lego Movie everyday.

Thank you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

You should probably focus on getting us some usable video trash talk software. Last year sucked with no XtraNormal

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhFQbppUYA

https://plotagon.com/

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The gun emporium is back in business.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JetsGuy posted:

Post in the league thread too son, love ya too much to lose ya. :gay:

Y'all back in.

EL DONERINO

If anyone wants to swap to 18 maybe I'll do it, maybe not

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
My records

S1: 7-6
S2: 3-10
S3: 3-10
S4: 6-7
S5: 6-7

Clearly I'm a pro at this

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Starr forever! Hot Dog Heroes are back to continue their legacy of perpetual failure and mediocrity. I'll post on the league page later, my internet is currently out and I'm phone posting

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Ok, I think I'm fully updated now.

Power of Pecota posted:

EL DONERINO

If anyone wants to swap to 18 maybe I'll do it, maybe not

Remember, draft order hasn't been set yet.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 10, 2014

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

:smithicide:

Remove the cameras from my abode at once.

:mad: NO OSX VERSION? I AM OUTRAGED.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

:smithicide:

Remove the cameras from my abode at once.

:mad: NO OSX VERSION? I AM OUTRAGED.

I downloaded it for OSX yesterday. Unless they changed it overnight, it should be there.

Edit: Looks like they DID change it overnight. I still have the OSX version if anyone needs it. Should be good until December according to their site.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 11, 2014

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I promise not to miss the draft this year. I was in the process of not getting divorced but didn't know what the gently caress was happening at the time.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
The draft is the first time in a few years I'll be in-state and not vacationing, so I greatly look forward to shooting myself in the foot this year as opposed to autodraft doing it for me

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

seventeen posted:

Starr forever! Hot Dog Heroes are back to continue their legacy of perpetual failure and mediocrity. I'll post on the league page later, my internet is currently out and I'm phone posting

Speak for yourself, plebeian! The League Champion Naptown Sleepers are definitely back this year.

Also, what's this about changing the division names?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Reclaim. Today's been a loongg day.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

chrix posted:

Also, what's this about changing the division names?

All-Starr division

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

It is a good thing I checked TAQ on whim, I had no idea it was that time of year again! Of course I am back, I can't leave last year's drama-bomb bitchfest and not back it up this year!

Also, I moved, so I guess I need a new team name.

PS: QUACK QUACK MOTHERFUCKER

e: Changed team name to 'Good Rooster' in honor of one of our 2 roosters. The other is a dick.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 11, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll sign up for the waitlist for now. I realize I probably won't be in this year or possibly even next year, but I'm always looking for other big leagues to play in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Back for more, and I believe the first season draft took something like a week, until it all got rushed through in one long day to finish it.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 11, 2014

• Locked thread