Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Division?
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Joe Montana
I don't play but felt like voting anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

lol if you think i've paid attention to my lineup in the last few weeks.

A shameful commissioner I've been this year.

You'll take that last place and like it, sir :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

At least I won my money league. It's clear to me that I need to do some mock drafts leading up to our draft next year.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I should take the Patriots' lead and cheat, honestly.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

When's the draft?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

<--- wait listed and still interested

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

old dog child posted:

<--- wait listed and still interested

Good, keep an eye out for next season's thread. I think I may ditch the old system and just keep the wait list going from now on. Mostly because I'm lazy and it's easier.

You're the next up if someone drops, but be warned we generally only have 1 or 2 people leave a season.

jabro posted:

When's the draft?

The NFL draft? April 30.

This league draft? Not until preseason is almost over. So several months.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

Good, keep an eye out for next season's thread. I think I may ditch the old system and just keep the wait list going from now on. Mostly because I'm lazy and it's easier.

You're the next up if someone drops, but be warned we generally only have 1 or 2 people leave a season.

The NFL draft? April 30.

This league draft? Not until preseason is almost over. So several months.

WE NEED TO DRAFT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I GOT THE SHAKES!!!!!!!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

jabro posted:

WE NEED TO DRAFT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I GOT THE SHAKES!!!!!!!

If I started prepping now, I might be ok. I don't know why I'm so bad at this league and get along fine elsewhere. I guess it's just a compliment to the fine individuals who come back year-after-year.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I usually do pretty well but this last draft included both "Cam Newton's ribs are broken????" and "Wasn't Ray Rice just suspended for two games???" moments for me so uhh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What, doesn't everyone just follow ESPN's rankings and draft the highest guy available? I thought that's what you were supposed to do. That, or draft someone who has a similar name to your cat.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I wonder which NFL team will win the Adrian Peterson sweepstakes since he doesn't want to play for a team that he feels didn't treat him fairly for beating a kid and making him bleed. I think he was expecting a Father of the Year Award and a parade or something.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

What, doesn't everyone just follow ESPN's rankings and draft the highest guy available? I thought that's what you were supposed to do. That, or draft someone who has a similar name to your cat.

I figured Mrs. Burrito followed the age old girl method for NCAA tournaments:

"which mascot would win in a fight"

:v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

I figured Mrs. Burrito followed the age old girl method for NCAA tournaments:

"which mascot would win in a fight"

:v:

Whatever she uses, it must work because she has the trophy for this year.

Not that she's ever reminded me, of course.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I love the idea that we just go back to our normal lives and forget about it until next season, but Burrito has to deal with it every day.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Eltoasto posted:

I love the idea that we just go back to our normal lives and forget about it until next season, but Burrito has to deal with it every day.

I like to imagine that Mrs. Burrito made a trophy and wakes him up every morning by nudging him with it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You can't blame Burrito for losing to Orton.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

JetsGuy posted:

I like to imagine that Mrs. Burrito made a trophy and wakes him up every morning by nudging him with it.

You're half right. Actually Burrito made me the trophy and gave it to me for Christmas.

And I have a foolproof drafting strategy. I choose based on who has the best butt. Duh. A champion pro tip from me to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Braksgirl posted:

And I have a foolproof drafting strategy. I choose based on who has the best butt. Duh. A champion pro tip from me to you.

I don't think I can draft Juiced.

• Locked thread