Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Division?
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Joe Montana
I don't play but felt like voting anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Think I caught everyone.

:siren: Reminder: Please tell me if you change your team name! :siren:

Pain of Mind posted:

Back for more, and I believe the first season draft took something like a week, until it all got rushed through in one long day to finish it.

Yes. The first round took a week, we realized it was absurd, and me and one other dude sat in the ESPN chat literally all day for about 12 hours with people signing in sporadically to make picks. If we ever want to do offline draft again, we'll have to start in June. It also sucked. :v:

Y'all were lucky I was in grad school at the time and was able ot literally just sit at home doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

chrix posted:

Speak for yourself, plebeian! The League Champion Naptown Sleepers are definitely back this year.

Also, what's this about changing the division names?

I had forgotton the Bart Starr division won last year. The joke was a remnant from last year's OP when the Bart Starr division was the laughing stock.

I have removed the joke from the OP, as you have given the Starr glory.

Only division to not win? Joe Namath. :smith:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

If they were anything like the real Namath they would win one time and still be the laughing stock of the league.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

Think I caught everyone.

Oh, hey guys, I'm now Being Brandon Marshall.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

JetsGuy posted:

Think I caught everyone.

I will change my team name the next time a new NFL player has an incident with firearms. So probably in the next few months.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

can we change it to the Warren Moon division?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Stevie Lee posted:

Jim Kelly :smith:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

I would totally endorse the Warren Moon division.

but it has to be agreed upon by majority of your divisionees

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I've given way more than 72 hours for the wait-listers to return. The old wait list is now purged.

EDIT:
I realize this is the first year I didn't PM the old wait listers, I am sorry if you're upset by that. On the other hand, we start this up round the first week in July every year so.

EDIT2:

bbf2 posted:

I will change my team name the next time a new NFL player has an incident with firearms. So probably in the next few months.

JFF's Handgun Emporium (YOLO)

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 14, 2014

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
This is Wasian's Chickns bowing out this year (dropping all my fantasy leagues for real life...). LONG LIVE JOE MONTANA DIVISION

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

This is Wasian's Chickns bowing out this year (dropping all my fantasy leagues for real life...). LONG LIVE JOE MONTANA DIVISION

All hail, the Wasian's Chickns!! We're gonna miss ya brah.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

wasianchickn posted:

Good, there is only room for one cock in this henhouse. :colbert:

Just kidding, of course, you will be missed.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
der juicen who has waited something like 4 seasons to be in on this, has been sent a PM asking for his email addy. He will replace the Chikins.

Again, if anyone knows a way to contact Juiced, please do. Whatever off-site that has the SEC thread is sure to have him.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
:toot:

I have ample time to stress about my team at boring tech school! I hope I can access the forums there, SA is banned. Others are not. :iiam:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

der juicen posted:

:toot:

I have ample time to stress about my team at boring tech school! I hope I can access the forums there, SA is banned. Others are not. :iiam:

I have your email, but ESPN has decided to do maintence today. Once you get the invite, do not forget to post in the loyalty oath thread in the league page.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wasianchickn posted:

A Montana four ring salute for the Chickns.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Updated for der juicen's joining. Sorry I didn't do it sooner, I have a life etc.

Now we just wait another 10 days or so for ZOLTAN MESKO, otherwise league wiseass "JuicedSixFo". Looks like he aint coming back, but I hope I am wrong.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

Updated for der juicen's joining. Sorry I didn't do it sooner, I have a life etc.

Now we just wait another 10 days or so for ZOLTAN MESKO, otherwise league wiseass "JuicedSixFo". Looks like he aint coming back, but I hope I am wrong.

Remove that asterisk from my name, stat!!!

Juiced better come back. I need to beat him one of these years.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

commish posted:

Remove that asterisk from my name, stat!!!

Juiced better come back. I need to beat him one of these years.

If my WDDP account still was active, I'd check there as the SEC thread was moved there after it was banished from SA because we were triggering people or something.

I'm almost positive he played in a XBL league on here too.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 24, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JetsGuy posted:

If my WDDP account still was active, I'd check there as the SEC thread was moved there after it was banished from SA because we were triggering people or something.

I forgot the name and password to my wddp account, I miss Gehenna/Liberia.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

I forgot the name and password to my wddp account, I miss Gehenna/Liberia.

I think it's more likely I completely forgot it, but I haven't accessed it in years so it may very well jsut be gone unless I used a throwaway email for it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Would it be possible to move the draft back to 9:15 EST?

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Is July 31 still the dead line

JuicedSixFo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 1, 2014

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

Is July 31 still the dead line

Holy poo poo.

I came into the thread to announce with a heavy heart that we had lost you...

Welcome back Juiced.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
hey, der juicen, change your team name, the proud Wasain Chickins are under new management after all.

Stevie Lee posted:

Would it be possible to move the draft back to 9:15 EST?

I mean, keep in mind the draft typically takes about 3 hours. I'd be willing to change it if we got a solid majority wanting it moved though.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

hey, der juicen, change your team name, the proud Wasain Chickins are under new management after all.

I mean, keep in mind the draft typically takes about 3 hours. I'd be willing to change it if we got a solid majority wanting it moved though.

Hopefully I will have a job by then and I will care about the draft running past midnight. But maybe other opinions should chime in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

It really takes 3 hours? I swear I don't remember it lasting more than an hour and a half if that. When you get to the #78 vs the #79 RB, there's not a lot of room for deliberation.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Probably varies greatly on how many people show up since you dumbos take the entire clock for the full draft.

Actually last year seemed to go faster than I expected.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Didn't we make a rule that anyone who misses the draft has to forfeit their spot next year unless they notified the thread prior that they will indeed miss the draft? There's too many people who want to play in this league to have idiots who miss the loving draft and then cry about their picks all year long.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm just ready to get my "random" draft spot in the 15-20s :argh:. When will we know the full list?

Quack.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I'll change that real soon. Just been kinda busy!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JuicedSixFo posted:

Didn't we make a rule that anyone who misses the draft has to forfeit their spot next year unless they notified the thread prior that they will indeed miss the draft? There's too many people who want to play in this league to have idiots who miss the loving draft and then cry about their picks all year long.

I think I'd be against this because I would have been kicked out of the season where I flipped like all my autodraft guys and Cam Newton valiantly saved my season

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I'm against it too because getting 20 people to find one time slot on one day with of varying timezones/work shifts is exactly what lead us to drafting on the board instead of shrugging cause someone is bound to miss it for some reason. #TeamShrug

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
I understand it's ~fantasy~, but I think the complete no call no shows should get booted. At least give a heads up to the thread, or a minimal attempt to set up pre draft rankings and strategy.

Doesn't really matter. But if anyone from Dan Marino embarrasses us and misses the draft I will hunt you down.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Booting them out seems extreme. Is there a way for the league manager to force autopick if they are not there? The 2 min clock erves no point, it is not like the computer thinks about it.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Yes, if you know someone is not going to make it, you can force them to autopick right from the bat.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

Yes, if you know someone is not going to make it, you can force them to autopick right from the bat.

Then when the draft starts, switch everyone not there to this. When/if they come in, they can turn it off. If someone bitches because they were 'only a few mins late!!', too bad, don't be late and set a pick order if you are going to be.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

Then when the draft starts, switch everyone not there to this. When/if they come in, they can turn it off. If someone bitches because they were 'only a few mins late!!', too bad, don't be late and set a pick order if you are going to be.

Agreed.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I can already tell you I am more than likely to miss however many rounds happen between 8:30 and 9:15 because I work until 9 most Sundays. It's a new job that I actually like, so I can't really request a night off for a fantasy draft just yet.

My pre-rankings will be pretty thorough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

My pre-rankings will be pretty thorough.

Thoroughly bad

• Locked thread