Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Division?
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Joe Montana
I don't play but felt like voting anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
1) Try not to get banned again for realtalkin' Juiced. I know it's hard at times, but you know how it is...

2) I'll do the draft order tonight!

3) Dan Marino Division - the best division

As far as people missing the draft, I don't mind so much with people who have been in the league and have been in drafts before. I have more of a problem with people who never make the draft ever. Skokie was one of those guys, and as much as I love him, it was kinda frustrating that he missed the draft like every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
and Stevie Lee, don't kill yourself, but we do appreciate the efforts you're making to get straight home from a new job.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JuicedSixFo posted:

Thoroughly bad

ray rice over adrian peterson bad

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I haven't gotten around to actually putting them into the actual ESPN thngy yet, but here's the draft order.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm the Cleveland Cavaliers of this poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

I haven't gotten around to actually putting them into the actual ESPN thngy yet, but here's the draft order.

:aaa:

That $50 was well spent. :D

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Only fantasy draft where you can move up 6 spots and still be in the bottom third of the draft. I think I will like picking from 14 this year.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This may be the only league where picking in the top third is a handicap.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I see I'm picking at the end of the first round as cosmic retribution for missing the last draft. Karma is a bitch. At least I have a chance to do ok on the swing picks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

This may be the only league where picking in the top third is a handicap.

Says you. I can actually get a decent QB this year. Screw conventional wisdom. No more Big Bad Schaub and Mike Glennon for me this year.

(please don't get hurt my future pick) :ohdear:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
There. I have set the draft order officially.

It's on you to tell me if I hosed up your pick at this point. You may trade draft picks now.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Says you. I can actually get a decent QB this year. Screw conventional wisdom. No more Big Bad Schaub and Mike Glennon for me this year.

(please don't get hurt my future pick) :ohdear:

The last two QB's on the previous championship winning rosters were Ryan Tannehill and Christian Ponder

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

The last two QB's on the previous championship winning rosters were Ryan Tannehill and Christian Ponder

Johnny is gonna take his team to 20-team glory this year.

Book it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anyone have any suggestions for a hobby to take up between my second and third picks?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JuicedSixFo posted:

Maybe so. Maybe I should just draft one of those two with the #3 pick...hmmmm.

Power of Pecota posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for a hobby to take up between my second and third picks?

I hear whittling is fun.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm goingt o bring my ipad to the gym and lift a weight between picks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Please change my name to Football Butt:

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2014/8/7/5978593/how-to-ruin-a-fantasy-mock-draft

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I've had a bad draft position... every year.

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
#9, I like it. Year of the Berts. Also Year of the Butts, coincidentally.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
don't forget the Borts

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I'm gonna fistfight all of you in the name of the Starr

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I like 17th, lets hope the right players fall to that.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm cool with a top 3 pick!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

A friend of mine and I team up and troll drafts all the time on ESPN.

The key is to pick players that are clear reaches but not ridiculous trolls like picking a kicker or backup QB. You then praise the picks of your friends as "prophetic" and wonderful.

People get furious.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Thread fell to page2, I therefore will dock a random person 20 points during the first week.

:ssh: It's going to be whomever I end up playing.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

My first 2 pics are going to be quarter backs because I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

Thread fell to page2, I therefore will dock a random person 20 points during the first week.

:ssh: It's going to be whomever I end up playing.

You'll be the first to be fistfought if it's me you deduct points from

:vince:

Starr

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

This didn't work for me. Drafting Johnny Manzeil 2nd overall because JOHNNY FOOTBAW! just made everyone leave. Like, 7 people in less than a minute.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

darkwolf220 posted:

This didn't work for me. Drafting Johnny Manzeil 2nd overall because JOHNNY FOOTBAW! just made everyone leave. Like, 7 people in less than a minute.

Right, because it's an obvious troll.

You need to reach just beyond the round you're in. Draft second round guys in the first, etc. Then people just think you're stupid, not that you're intentionally loving their draft.

It's more fun if you go into the same mock with a friend. Then you can call all your friend's picks awesome and praise them as insightful. People get so confused.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

commish posted:

My first 2 pics are going to be quarter backs because I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

Dear Commish,

Please draft all New England Patriots you can. Your injury curse is legendary.

Love,
Jetsguy

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I'm done with patriots players forever.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

commish posted:

I drafted 2 good QBs last season and got almost nothing for Cam Newton in a trade b/c there is no demand for QBs in the early weeks since everyone is willing to give it a few weeks to see what happens with their team.

halonx
May 4, 2005

tadashi posted:

I drafted 2 good QBs last season and got almost nothing for Cam Newton in a trade b/c there is no demand for QBs in the early weeks since everyone is willing to give it a few weeks to see what happens with their team.

poo poo, I ended up with Matt McGloin after Rodgers pussed out. I would have much rather had Cam Newton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When you roll with Mike Glennon and the corpse of Matt Schaub as your QBs, you know you're in the 20 team league.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

When you roll with Mike Glennon and the corpse of Matt Schaub as your QBs, you know you're in the 20 team league.

2 years ago I'm pretty sure I didn't even have a QB for multiple weeks. That's why I'll always get 2.

And with 20 teams, that means there are many teams that will have to start no QB during their main QB's bye week. That's basically an auto-loss.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I remember trading Sanchez away for some help the first season when I actually did alright. Other than that keeping a QB has helped me none. Last season, I kept pleading for someone to give me a TE in exchange for a QB that was doing well. No one who needed a QB had a TE they were willing to give up.

In summary, draft the best player on the board, hope for the best.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I had Russell Wilson and Kaep last season and I started the wrong one pretty much every week

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I... I think I'll be able to make it to the draft. I get off at 9:00 central from super awesome Pizza Hut. I'll try to tell them I have a super important thing to do.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

der juicen posted:

I... I think I'll be able to make it to the draft. I get off at 9:00 central from super awesome Pizza Hut. I'll try to tell them I have a super important thing to do.

not a lie.

And 2100. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm going to be out of town on vacation phone drafting. I thinking you can draft while delivering some pizzas.

• Locked thread