Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Pre-social media sites, I would be bored at work and would read news websites. After catching up on current events, and doing the crossword, I'd start reading the advice columns. Hints From Heloise had some loving stupid people writing in to share their ridiculous ideas.

One woman had a solution for sweating water glasses at dinner parties leaving you with wet hands or water rings on the table. Her solution? Socks. Cut up some old socks and use the elastic portion that runs from the ankle up the shin to create a sleeve for the glasses. What kind loving stupid idiot would think that their guests would appreciate used socks around their glasses instead of drying their hands on napkins or using a loving coaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU