Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't know what's wrong with using chopsticks. I don't like dirty fingers and don't you loving tell me napkins are sufficient.

Don't you dare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Gotta love those 'hacks' that are all "Are you such an alcoholic that you absolutely must take beer or vodka to every single event or get the shakes? Here's how you can hide the booze!"

Like, dude, it's just a sporting event. If you need a beer to enjoy it then maybe watch from home where you can get drunk and pass out by yourself.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Bury your victims in a pet cemetery.

Bury your victimes in a person cemetary. There'll be so many corpses being dug up no one will bother to find yours. Plus, you've just saved your victim's family those costly funeral fees, and you've given the middle finger to Big Funeral! Activism.

natetimm posted:

It's more like certain places like ballparks and concerts want to charge you 47 dollars for a beer so there's a cottage industry in sneaking alcohol to get around it.

Yeah, but...don't get a beer in that case? I'm saying that if someone finds it absolutely 100% necessary to have alcohol on them to enjoy anything, then there may be a problem.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

I read about come Coke Machine Code about a decade or so ago. It worked...but the "maintenance mode" it brought you into was pointless. It couldn't dispense free soda, or give you money. All it did was give info on things like money taken in, number of sodas sold, etc...

Yeah I have no idea why people think there'd be a mode to give you free soda, like, if the maintenance guy wanted free soda he'd take out his key, open the drat thing, and take some soda.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Yo gently caress everything else, I want to eat this dino-corn.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

If it's a sauce or something you don't want it getting all up the neck of the spoon.

Or heating up the spoon to the point of pain. I burned myself on a silicon(e?) spoon that had been steamed for ten minutes.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

twoday posted:

I'm losing the ability to distinguish real life hacks from their parodies. Is there even a difference?

Store things on a shelf #lifehack

A drawer, technically - but next we'll be telling people how to put on their pants and calling it a lifehack.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

And every year, a handful of idiots admit that they spend the time separating the cookies and individually scraping the cream out of each one and then throwing it out.

What.

What. No.

If you do not make a giant ball of pure diabetes and then scarf it down like the sad gently caress you know you are, then why even continue living. Why, I ask.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Lotish posted:

Impossible. Anything that has touched poo is forever poo-touched. That's just science.

In addition, anything that has been made to touch poo has been touched by poo via the fourth dimension. Antero-poo-touched. Pro-poo-touched? Regardless, there's poo everywhere you guys, trust nothing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Sad lions posted:

Don't forget that puppet master bullshit in randomly changing venue and the inflated sense of importance.
No idea why they might have had a failed marriage.

The inflated sense of importance, yes, but changing venues is sometimes just "Let's not go to the same place every week"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Tunicate posted:

From what I understand, Subway policy is 'six pieces' of any vegetable, and each request for extra gets an additional six.

Some places are really anal about corporate, so they put on six olives.

This is correct - though my policy was always follow corporate, then if they ask for more, just scoop that poo poo on because I am being paid minimum wage so gently caress it.

*three pieces for a six inch. And always three strips of sauce per sauce.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

AFewBricksShy posted:

In my opinion it is because a lot of these "life hacks" come from housewives, and a pizza cutter is actually pretty handy to have when you have little kids. You can cut pizza into tiny pieces way easier with a pizza cutter than with a knife, same goes for waffles, pancakes, etc...

Outside of that, they are pretty useless once the kids get older.

Nonsense, you give the kids all your leftover pizza cutters and have them have a good ol' fashioned za-cutter fight so that one can establish domination over the rest.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Lifehack: Move to Canada where the penny has been removed from circulation so you can stop bitching about pennies.

Or maybe it's just Ontario, gently caress if I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Here's a hack for you zany goons: live in a hovel with no windows, and therefore no need for insulation! Even better, no sunlight to ever disturb your posting pleasure or judgemental gazes from the outside world as you dance to your latest Puri Majo Tenki Tenki anime bullshit something.

Edit: Walla!