Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Nutsngum posted:

"Pop" financial advisors loving love these nickle and dime schemes because it shows a definite (bugger all) amount that a person can save without actually saving enough to better their lives at all.

That show, Super Scrimpers, had a right bunch of lovely awful tips that make frugal people look crazy. Most of the people giving out tips were slightly unhinged elderly women, but there was this one girl in her 20s who suggested you make a "cool" shirt out of a vintage pillowcase. Ok, I've actually done that with a set of 60s pillowcases, opening them up and using a pattern; you'd be surprised how much fabric is in there.

She did some Harry Potter house elf bullshit by just cutting a head hole and armholes in the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

razorrozar posted:

Also I cannot help but imagine that the overlap between people who think that's a good idea and people who have enough friends to host a dinner party is vanishingly small.

If that's all they could afford for after dinner, I want to know what monstrosity they served for main course.

Now remember everybody, canapes have got a reputation for being expensive and fiddly to make, so here, instead you can mash up a bunch of poo poo in your food processor and layer it in homemade breadbowls instead of going to Iceland and buying a party platter for £3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRIM-nXmRBc