Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Grossness of literally feeding your guests toothpaste aside, isn't a tube of toothpaste way more expensive than just getting a roll of mentos and dumping them in a bowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ChaosArgate posted:

Seriously I can't even count the number of times I've nearly been run over when crossing the street when it's a walk signal because assholes decide to turn down the street without making sure no one's there.

When I lived in Mass, I couldn't believe the number of times people ran out from behind vans into the street, playing some kind of real-life Frogger, because "I have the right of way, they'll stop!"

#Deathiscoming

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Also some might poison you like putting strawberries in bleach.

I remember a decade+ ago there was a text one for making a cool crystal formation in your kitchen, and buried in the instructions was mixing bleach and ammonia which dumps off a ton of hydrazine and chloramine gasses.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

d3lness posted:

Yeah, 4chan things killing random people is funny.

I mean, I didn’t think it was funny, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw “Online DIY stuff that will poison you”

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

d3lness posted:

I never said you thought death was funny. I just said 4chan is poo poo.

Oh, misread your post then. Good ol’ text communication missing a lot of subtext.

Jiru posted:

I think part of the problem with that crystal thing was that it got out of 4chan, and was shared without context. I remember encountering it on the wild and going "uh neat" for a moment, until my brain cells rubbed together and I was "uh, ok, nope, that'd probably kill you".

Also, I am a chemist, and one of the brightest kids on my 4th year college class gave herself a whiff of the old killing gas by mixing ammonia and bleach for cleaning. Had to go to the hospital and everything. I never understood how she didn't connect the dots, but, well, she didn't.

I’m amazed that there isn’t a version of those that makes one specific pretty gnarly compound. It’s a very unstable explosive and students accidentally making it shuts down a university chem lab like once a year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm just joshing you. I get it. I don't like "wet" eggs either. Runny yoke, yeah but beyond that I'm on your side. I just like the Shapiro analogy. Are powdered eggs a thing?

If you have ever eaten breakfast at any kind of institutionalized meal hall (college/military/the clink) you have for sure had powdered eggs.

They aren’t good but I have a weird nostalgia for them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

Knives = weapons to him, so he cuts tomatoes with the razorbowl and uses scissors on stuff like celery and carrots.

Tell him anything is a weapon if you’re creative enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I assume it's some wild poo poo like if you have "weapons" it draws weapon spiritual energy to you and will make you attract harm causing ghosts or something. So you have to avoid poo poo that he thinks is weapons regardless of the actual lethality of the substitute.

No, I think it’s that statistic that gun owners are more likely to die via firearms than non gun owners.