Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

One neat trick to keep your house cool in summer is to fill the entire building with ice.

edit: Another weird trick to keep your house warm in winter is to fill the entire building with mice.

This one was passed down by my great grandmother - if you have trouble eating food in tin cans, take the food out of the can first. The empty tin can can also be used as a hat for the food if you turn it upside down.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jul 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Keep your pants on when you poo poo, no more messy bathroom experiences!

One simple tip to cleaning your ceiling fans is to use the leg of your poo poo filled pants - slide the leg over the fan blade and then pull it off. Now you have dust stuck to the poo poo in your pants instead of the fan blade (mostly).

An emotionally abused housewife in Sarasota has a great tip for getting the smell of dust covered poo poo out of your living room. Simply collect all of your vomit in used 2 liter soda bottles, and leave them on the porch in the sun. When you come home, the vomit fumes will form a crusty layer inside your airway, protecting you from the poo poo and dust smells inside!

17 shocking uses for old soda bottles filled with your vomit!
Don't let them tell you they are only for poo poo and dust smell protection

Used tampons as wolverine traps? This one will save you millions on wolverine control.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Jul 28, 2014

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Thesaurus posted:

Boozehack: If you want to be drunk at work secretly, inject the booze directly into your anus. You can get drunk fast without having people smell alcohol on your breathe!
Nice try, but what if I happen to work as an anus model?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hate being pregnant? Check out this one weird trick discovered by my husband when I tripped down the stairs like the clumsy bitch I am. #babyhacks

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wandle Cax posted:

Lifehack: sometimes you are out of the house and want to purchase some food for a convenient meal!
Turn around, go back home, and make your own sandwich with these 5 simple tricks:

1) Check out @dickmaggot50's recipe for toilet bread
2) Read through 25 common household meat replacements for some great meat substitues!
3) Take a stroll through your "neighborhood garden" and forage for 17 edible rocks!
4) Make cheese by leaving a half-gallon of whole milk under your deck for 12 weeks!
5) If you are out of mustard or tomatoes, just substitute 4 cups of mayo.

Enjoy your expanded sandwich making future!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Want to make a quick dinner, but you don't have any chicken? Put some feathers on up your rear end and drink until you black out. When you wake up, you'll be all like "what the gently caress? did I eat a chicken"?

The answer is "maybe".

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

WHY WERE YOU SLICING ONIONS AT YOUR CHILD'S FUNERAL

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I store all my extra guitar picks in ice cube trays. That way, when I need a new pick, I just have to thaw an icecube.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

M'lady, can I buy you a drink? Good sir, your cheapest beer please, and water for me.

*pulls card from plastic bag*

Keep it open, I think we'll be here for a while. Honey you would look a lot better if you lost a few pounds :smug:

edit: vv This is a great tip for those of us with an anvil and a vice, but no way to get to Home Depot because our license was revoked

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Sep 9, 2014

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

LoonShia posted:

What are jokes?
Tell your friends a short story, but make the ending unexpected! They may find pleasure in the fact that they were led in one direction, but then having something different happen!

Example:

Hello Tom. You look pretty nice today...

Thanks, Richard.

...for a human being.

#socialhacks

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Simply Simon posted:

I'm in the Czech Republic right now and they're awesome because they only have Kronen. 25-30 Kronen = 1 Euro. So 1 Krone is enough for small change, and for everything bigger, you just use bills. I want 1-5 Eurocents to be abolished, gently caress em.
Koruna or Crowns, are you German or Dutch maybe?

I always come back from CZ with a bunch of small change. You're right that 1 koruna is actually almost useful, compared to a penny in the US anyway. I have a ton of 1 and 2 Kć coins and they are still useless though.

They do still have a subdivision of the koruna though, and you can occasionally find coins in that range, but basically everyone ignores them, at least in Brno.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 12, 2014

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Memento posted:

This is the case across most of Southeast Asia where the official currency is the riel/kip/baht/dong/whatever but everywhere takes US dollars - you just generally get your change in local currency if it equals less than one dollar. I ended up with a cargo shorts pocket stuffed with kip last time I was in Laos and just left handfuls of it as tips at restaurants and for hotel staff. Even if I was leaving waaaaaay too much as a tip than was expected, the whole pocket full couldn't have been worth more than twelve to fifteen dollars.
Oh god, yeah. I thought I had a lot of useless Czech money around, but I came across a bag of like 10 pounds of Philippine Pesos. At the time I was in Manila last, it was about 40 php to USD, so 1 php is worth about 1/2 kc. I converted a little money here and there, but most of that bag of change was just the result of spending USD and getting back pesos.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I made an egg sandwich and added a few crumbled Maple Bacon kettle chips on top and it was pretty good. Not quite as classy as chips and ketchup of course.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

I have something that I don't feel comfortable calling a lifehack because it's actually good. But day-old baked goods and throw them in the oven for a few minutes right before you use them. It's a decent simulacrum of freshly baked things! Walla!
Microwaving them works really well too. If you have a bagel, for example, that's just a bit on the hard side, 10-20 seconds in the microwave will soften it right up.

This isn't meant to reheat them so you can pretend they were just baked, it helps soften them significantly. Works great for hard sourdough rolls, etc.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Oct 2, 2014

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Strudel Man posted:

Really. Advertising food as being inexpensive? What the hell is this country coming to?
Also this article is from Australia.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Stick your dick in the keyhole and pee in the lock. The urine will warm the lock and also make it filled with urine. Did you know you can start any Honda from 1998 or earlier using this method as well?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I boil all my dildos in a bit of white wine, some onion, celery, carrot and salt, with water to cover, and then reduce it into a demiglace. From there it can be decanted onto the floor to be licked off like an animal you piece of poo poo.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

dovetaile posted:

Where else do you get ants?
In your pants. For example I got ants in my pants and one crawled up my dick and built a nest and now when I pee ants come out but I also get erections around crumbs of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

edit: Wrong thread. Hacking my post.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 13:41 on May 29, 2015