Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
No one's mentioned what happens should the toothpaste mints melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

FutonForensic posted:

Edit: Oh my God. :cripes:

This is apparently off a design studio in the Netherlands, so despite appearing to be re-purposed bookshelves it could be properly designed to hold people. But yeah it's very form over function for the purpose of looking fancy in the environment it's in.

I can only hope the rather alarming gap in the middle still adheres to an even step height as us humans are horrid walking up stairs to the point where a very very slight deviation will cause us to stumble.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Way back in the Olden Days, people disguised their microwaves by putting rabbit ears on them.
Amusingly back in the early day's of TV people would buy sets, but not the TV license so would throw over rugs and disguise the TV as a side table when the inspectors came over.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Stuntman posted:

Playing DVDs at X2 speed.
I recall PowerDVD once advertised time-stretch as a feature for scenarios like watching something on a plane or being able to beat your laptop's battery.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

When I was a kid I did use the toaster to make "fried bread" by buttering both sides of frozen bread and putting it into the toaster (not side on mind you).

It...kind of worked and did produce a pale imitation of actually frying slices in a pan. If anything did run off it likely ended up in the crumb tray.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bunch of scrubs not grinding your garlic with a mortar and pestle.
Bizarrely I just saw a commercial damning the effort involved in prepping garlic and solves your life's ills with a handy dispensable tube of the stuff.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I once heard that you must only open your microwave after it stops beeping as that's when the radiation will safely be gone. :v:

Or the old urban legend of how some pop star got breast cancer from microwaving her bottles of water. I've never quite understood why someone would microwave water bottles.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

EZipperelli posted:

Prisonhacks!
Need hairgel? Get a lubricated condom and apply thoroughly. New? Turn a trouser pocket inside out to make new friends.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

What does this actually mean?
The idea being newbies latch onto an established inmate for some degree of protection, at the cost of being a gopher.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Fo3 posted:

gently caress bic thieves, they're everywhere. "Can I borrow a light?" at a party means never seeing that bic again as McSwifty pockets it, turns around and disappears like magic, ( or passes it on, and they pass it on and so on.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I have a friend who insists 3D printing is going to be at the level of "print new brake pads for your car and other parts". He's got a bit of a Technocratic bent with the idea that technology will enable the common folk to conquer all. Of course there's the irony that he's waiting for someone else to invent this - not put his mind to it. He also has the idea that the next revolution will be spurned by mobs armed with 3D printed guns.

He gets a bit over excited at proof of concept things that show glass and metals being printed or points out how scale models of jet engines are going to lead to the full things being made in a printer. I have to point out that it would be very hard to print large things like turbines on a cost effective scale and still meet the tolerance levels you can get from standard methods of forging.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

It's loving grate!
FIFY :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Ok it seems bulletproof clipboards are a thing and have been used by police during car stops in case someone tries to shoot them. Back in the day they had enough heft in them to clobber someone.