Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tabletop Simulator good?
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

like I have fun with it, and it has charm, but for a lot of the things it can do there are better programs online with more refinement

maybe things will change after it goes out of early access?

anyway, talk about tabletop simulator and also play Dominion with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have never played dominion; please enlighten me and I will gladly play it with you.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

I have never played dominion; please enlighten me and I will gladly play it with you.

it's a deckbuilder, I think it might have coined the genre but I could be wrong, basically everybody starts with the same hand and you make your deck out of the 10 randomized cards in the middle to form a strategy to get the most points

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i will play the dominos with you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Its cool to play online with friends and fairly easy to use. They're also updating the interface for the next patch, I guess.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

what're the good things to subscribe too

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the really cool thing about tabletop simulator is that it has workshop support

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WindmillSlayer posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog Monopoly

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Subscribe to Restricted Rock-Paper-Scissors and E-Card, both of which from the hit anime Kaiji

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

OK i did

why does it exist, though

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

lol.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

There are some really weird things on Tabletop Simulator to subscribe to

:stare:

How often are the modders being hit by C&D orders? I see some pretty big names being loaded on.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

somebody who owns this game please post the good-rear end table flipping simulation gifs.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

it's a cute novelty but honestly, VASSAL is better for practically everything

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Scyther posted:

it's a cute novelty but honestly, VASSAL is better for practically everything

Is VASSAL easy to set up and use and are there a bunch of cool games for it, that's pretty much all I want out of a virtual board game player.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is VASSAL easy to set up and use and are there a bunch of cool games for it, that's pretty much all I want out of a virtual board game player.

there are a bunch of cool games, but most of them have critical elements blanked out to comply with copyright requests. it's also not always the easiest to use, especially if you only have a barebones frame.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Effectronica posted:

there are a bunch of cool games, but most of them have critical elements blanked out to comply with copyright requests. it's also not always the easiest to use, especially if you only have a barebones frame.

The yikes guy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WindmillSlayer posted:

Chutes and Ladders

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Chutes and Ladders Eels and Escalators

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
can I play warhammer with it?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The yikes guy.

to be fair all of them are available for free but it's kinda a pain to play something like twilight struggle with physical copies of the cards on both ends

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

can I play warhammer with it?

quick search says no

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

download tanto cuore everyone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mango gay touchies posted:

quick search says no

this is bullshit

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

apparently you can make the models but if you have info that's on the codexes it breaches copyright

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I played a vassal version of apples to apples which eventually devolved into drawing every card in the deck, stealing cards out of other players' hands, et cetera

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

does this simulator have a fat, heavy-breathing guy whose gut is always bumping the table as he heaves his lard all over the tabletop landscape trying to measure everything down to the micron and rules lawyer every goddamn turn so the game lasts a thousand times longer than it actually should?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

does this simulator have a fat, heavy-breathing guy whose gut is always bumping the table as he heaves his lard all over the tabletop landscape trying to measure everything down to the micron and rules lawyer every goddamn turn so the game lasts a thousand times longer than it actually should?

well it actually simulates Board Games rather than Traditional Games, but it is still totally allowed to get angry and flip the table over and smash up all the pieces and ruin everything

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

oh, sorry. when i saw tabletop in the title i thought we were talking about, you know.

real games.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I play it, so yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can pick up and throw chess pieces at people, right?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You can pick up and throw chess pieces at people, right?

Yes, and there's a button to shove things around, and also a button to flip the table when you lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Is there a button to silently turn the board to face the other direction, for when your opponent isnt looking?

• Locked thread