Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Where were the accolades for the Shield's final season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011

CaptainHollywood posted:

Are you guys really complaining about Breaking Bad winning? Seriously?

Yes. True Detective was the better show, and with Fargo has basically redefined what a TV show can be. It was the best 10-hour movie of the year. Was Breaking Bad really good too? Ya, but it's been good every year, and won best drama multiple times already.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

TVIV has some broken people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So Fargo got hosed. True Detective got hosed. Peter Dinklage got hosed.

That about covers it right?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Did Fargo win anything at all?

e: oh outstanding miniseries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/66th_Primetime_Emmy_Awards

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

smg77 posted:

TVIV has some broken people.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Well House of Cards got absolutely nothing this year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

olin posted:

Best Miniseries and best directing in a miniseries

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011

mastajake posted:

Completely deserved

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow, is Sarah Silverman always like this?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CaptainHollywood posted:

You really think Bryan deserved it over Matthew? Seriously?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

olin posted:

Best miniseries.

I was so torn this year between True Detective, Breaking Bad, and Fargo. Urg what a great year of TV.

Bullshit that Modern Family beat OITNB, and that Hannibal was ignored.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

blablablabla posted:

What episodes did they submit?

(This is a serious question that will determine my answer to this)

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

mastajake posted:

It's not even the best show on Netflix, and the writing is just not that good.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 26, 2014

aislematt
Nov 26, 2007

blablablabla posted:

The way the Emmys work is that one episode is submitted for each actor.

Bryan Cranston submitted Ozymandias which his performance was spectacular and was an overall amazing episode.

Matthew McConaughey submitted Form and Void (The final episode of the season) which was a great episode, and he gave a great performance but judging on that single episode alone I would have to go with Bryan Cranston.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Ozymandias was the best hour of TV this year, but I think MM performance was better if you look at the whole season.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Everything about Ozymandias was superb.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow, is Sarah Silverman always like this?

She admitted to having a weed vaporizor when the E! host asked her what was in her clutch, so..

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[EDIT: I AM A DRUNK POSTER MAKING DRUNK POSTS]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 26, 2014

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

lelandjs posted:

Ahahah look at this Mad Men fan defending a half season with little to no direction and the biggest event being a secondary character being sent off (literally) with a song

I'll admit that, as a whole, the last episodes of Mad Men will stand as a fanstatic last season... but AMC has only shown half of them.

That's...that's not...

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay yeah, hosed that up. Fixed.

[Edit: Admittedly, not a good post.]

[2ND EDIT: YUP STILL DRUNK]

[THIRD EDIT: Would you believe that I thought I was responding to a tweet? Cause that's what happened :v:]

[Edit IV: I probably deserve this probation]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 26, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

All you dudes bitchin' about Breaking Bad sweeping (lol it was totally deserved) should be blaming HBO for screwing up their submission process, not the Academy for making the Objectively Correct Choice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

True Detective and Fargo were both better shows than Breaking Bad.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

True Detective and Fargo were both more recently aired than Breaking Bad.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

True Detective and Fargo were both better shows than Breaking Bad.

Fargo you could make an argument for, luckily it had no bearing on brba's success. Td though? Ahahahaha

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

All you dudes bitchin' about Breaking Bad sweeping (lol it was totally deserved) should be blaming HBO for screwing up their submission process, not the Academy for making the Objectively Correct Choice

Right? Is it because BB aired a year ago and all y'all forgot what's up?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Can't really complain with Cranston picking up an Emmy, but GoT has an assload of amazing actors (Charles Dance anyone????) that basically get snubbed because the show already has too many amazing actors so they just pick a couple (Dinklage and Headey)

I guess we should just be happy we're in a TV age where we have shows like Madmen, BB, GoT and True Detective all competing.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is GoT gonna be a show that every year claims the most nominations spot, but ends up losing to Breaking Bad in everything?

Yes. I'm well aware that BB is off the air. They'll find a way.

Also - was that kiss preplanned? Because after like the first 3 seconds it looked like Julia was legit trying to push him away and couldn't. And immediately afterwards she had a completely bewildered and uncomfortable expression that was cleared up by the time she got on stage.

limeincoke fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 26, 2014

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Toxxupation posted:

Fargo you could make an argument for, luckily it had no bearing on brba's success. Td though? Ahahahaha

Breaking Bad was great, Fargo was great, no qualms with either one winning...but you're kidding yourself if you think either of them can shine a light on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08CddEWzYnQ (spoilers in that video). Just a whole different level of writing, acting, cinematography and direction.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
She does bits every time she wins, so I'm sure it was preplanned and the bewilderment was on purpose.

Noticed from twitter that Christopher Evan Welch was left off the In Memoriam segment. What the hell. His show was even nominated.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lol Tatiana Malsany wasn't event nominated. gently caress the Emmy's. Nearly everyone who won had won in the same category the previous year. My industry is a joke.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

Lol Tatiana Malsany wasn't event nominated. gently caress the Emmy's. Nearly everyone who won had won in the same category the previous year. My industry is a joke.

To be honest there wasn't a single outstanding episode this season of Orphan Black, the plot was meandering as all hell and the only good parts were Helena.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Poor Dylan Baker got snubbed once again.

Most of the categories are pretty stupid with only being able to nominate a single episode for actors and just writing them in as a comedy/miniseries if you don't want to compete Breaking Bad, but that was one of the few categories I was sure of.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

Noticed from twitter that Christopher Evan Welch was left off the In Memoriam segment. What the hell. His show was even nominated.

This is pretty bad. He was the best part of multiple episodes of Silicon Valley, and the show suffered from losing him even though things turned out okay. And he wasn't exactly a no-name before the show.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
True Detective, Mad Men, Veep and the cast from Fargo all got robbed. Modern Family beating Louie and Veep is a bad joke. Ten years from now they'll still be giving awards to that show's reruns.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
These days I just take anything I can get from the Emmy wins, so.....BB and Cranston! True Detective winning for that tracking shot! Fargo winning for that blizzard gunfight! Louie winning for the fat lady episode script! Sarah Silverman inexplicably winning best variety special writing over a bunch of family-friendly nominees and other awards shows! Hell, even Alison Janney's Mom win is great because she carries that drat thing!

gently caress modern family, gently caress sherlock

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Jon Hamm doesn't win next year, burn the whole loving building down.
Martin Sheen never won for The West Wing.

The Emmys are a sham. :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chris Hardwick was cringe-worthy with his internet troll bit. :fuckoff:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Breaking bad season 5 loving owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted: