Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
From a recent car show. We believe it's a Rolls Royce, but not positive, and if it is, not sure the model or year. Only pic I got of it...thought someone in here may be able to help. Because SA knows everything. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011
I can.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date
I have no idea.

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
Ha, a friend just told us it's not a rolls, but he won't tell what he thinks it is either :)

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

If I had to guess it's a really early Benz... the picture isn't very good, so I can't make anything in the hubcap, but the eagle on the side of the car is usually a German symbol

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

skipdogg posted:

If I had to guess it's a really early Benz... the picture isn't very good, so I can't make anything in the hubcap, but the eagle on the side of the car is usually a German symbol

The symbol you're referring to is either the arms of the House of Savoy or the Italian Royal Standard - both have variations that are extremely close to one another :hist101:

(Thanks Europa Universalis IV!)

vvv Or that, actually.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 11, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

skipdogg posted:

That's the vienna coat of arms.

Graf & stift used similar grilles in that era, and were based in vienna. I can't find the specific model, but that's more than likely what it is.

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
Been looking at old Hudsons as well. My buddy and I are totally obsessing about this now that we've put so much effort into looking. ...thank you for the help so far!

That point that it comes to in the front is what made me think Rolls Royce at first, so I'm looking for that, and I can't find anything with a similar footrest (or whatever it's called under the doors. And they all seem to connect to a fender, and this one doesn't.

Winston fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 11, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A lot of car companies in those days sold a bare chassis with a grille, and coachbuilders built a car around it. The running board doesn't connect to the fender because there is no fender.

If you compare it with the car i posted, it shares the angular grille, rounded cowl and hood louvers. If you look at other graf and stift based stuff, you see a lot of other similarities. The one you pictured is likely heavily modified, or completely coachbuilt.

If you have a higher res version if your pic, you could compare the hood ornament to this last one.

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently

Powershift posted:

If you have a higher res version if your pic, you could compare the hood ornament to this last one.

That's the only pic we have of it, but that hood ornament does look similar. That whole thing looks pretty similar, what's the model of that one?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's a 1924 graf and stift SR4, but the bucket style seat, and external controls and horn on the pic you posted suggest 1905-1915.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 11, 2014

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
Thank You!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i was wrong. It's a completely custom creation based on a 1919 american lafrance fire truck

http://justacarguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/the-newest-from-gary-wales-la-bestioni.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently
YES! thanks again, I can sleep now :)

• Locked thread