Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't know what your problem is with the Hulk's color pattern, but I'm going to have to ask you politely, but firmly, to leave.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

But the actor needs to be able to hear.

So does the character. Anyone who's been in war will know how important ability to hear is.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those claws look like they'd tear off about five seconds after he tries to slash someone with them.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knives Amilli posted:

He always looked like a New God to me.

His futures end costume was ok.

If they had made those lights on his costume into portals that lead into him and it had a burning effect inside, showing he is the Nuclear Man, I think that could be a good look. Otherwise, he's kinda "Any future hero ever" in that costume. I could see Captain Atom in that or something. Or any hero named some light word.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

:agreed:

I think we've kind of been talking past each other rather than actively disagreeing (although I will state that I think that the Elektra Netflix costume doesn't count as one of those 'overly realistic', since after all, she's not a conventional superhero - she's first and foremost a ninja assassin who doesn't bother with codenames, et. al).

Anyway, we can all agree Cassandra Cain's Blackbat costume is pretty awesome, right?

That looks exactly like a Barbara Gordon Batgirl outfit I remember, with a cape that has snagged on a barbed wire fence.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean that i'm having trouble seeing Leto's Joker and Affleck's Batman exist in the same space.

I agree, they look like they were designed and made for entirely different franchises. Having a jarring, distinct visual difference between a protagonist and an antagonist is one thing, but it's obvious that there was zero communication between the Batman v Superman costume design crew and the Suicide Squad design crew. It looks about as weird as if Captain America were to show up in Batman v Superman, all bright colors and patriotism and believing in Truth and Justice and the American Way.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red Bones posted:

When that picture got posted in CineD a week or two ago someone mentioned that they looked more like aliens peering through your bedroom window at night than anything particularly heroic, and now I can't unsee it.

Those definitely look like space suits, not like a fighting force meant to protect earth. I miss the Diamond patterns on the suits from the first power rangers show. They looked like something made by people, for people.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

You mean this crap?

Even as a kid, I didn't buy the lycra bodysuit + bicycle helmet combo. I'm hoping that the new movie is gonna be a departure from the usual super sentai stuff, the only way it's going to be good is if the director puts his own spin on it and gives us something that plays off of the original series but still ultimately finds its own voice.

for people

So, I'm curious. Did you even want people to discuss this with you, or were you looking for people to just agree with your and pat on the back? From your tone, condescending manner and dismissive blowing off of other people's opinions, it seems basically the latter.

But srsly, this movie would suck if they got the best screenwriter and director because it is still based on Power Rangers.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I think it's one of those things where if you watched it when you were a kid, you might think it was really great. I wouldn't be surprised if kids nowadays thought Thundarr the Barbarian sucked -- it didn't colonize their brains at the right time.

I love power rangers a million more times than most do. I watched every episode for the first like six series. I had every toy for years. I recognise that I am biased as hell.

That being said, half the fun was the terrible wire fu, the dumb bursts of sparks that happened when a plastic weapon hits someone, the terrible acting. The source material, once "rebooted" and updated by a committee of ad executives, is going to be unrecognisable and any take on the power rangers is going to super suck. This is the 2016-2017 version of the GI Joe movie, which is fitting, since those armored costumes look like something the Joes would use in GI Joe 3: Cobra Rising Again.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

The easiest way to break it up is to make his costume have armpit piping.

No, the easiest way to break it up is more silver lightning.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah the Joker costume looks incredibly bad too so it fits.

DAMAGED

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

Give me a Mr Mxyzptlk movie ft. Gilbert Gottfried and Henry Cavill pls

Yes, Gilbert would be the best Mxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TokenTrevor posted:

Yea that's what I'm trying to find, what it was that made them go all "Oh poo poo yall, Cyborg is in the JL now." My immediate question was WHY, and I've yet to find a good answer for it. I'll check out that run man. Thanks!

Because he's black.

Also because he is a tech guy, but mostly because he's black and they hadn't already had him in the Justice League. They wanted a new, obvious minority character.

• Locked thread