Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I really liked Ultimate Spider-Woman's costume. It was simple, but really nice.

(Haha, I never noticed Miles' knee and elbow pads.)

Her new one is awful.

Not that anyone seemed to be able to agree on how it (the first one there) was supposed to be drawn. Especially the hood part, which got like 3 variants (yours there got different eyes and don't connect directly to the bottom of the hair? That or a coloring error), or the back with how the spider-legs were supposed to work.

No artist drew that the same :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'd be with you on this except for the fact that the original design is no great shakes to begin with. At least sneakers and spider-culottes and having her hair out are at least choices beyond, "eh gently caress it make it look more like a wetsuit".

Going back to this but a really common design thing for female superhero costumes is cutting off the top of the mask so the hair can stream out and making a mouth hole to show of the (usually lipstick covered) lips.

Which is why MC2 Spider-Girl, and NewOldBatgirl with the Gimp-mask stood out from the crowd. Spider-Woman in Bendisverse had the hair thing but not the mouth hole, until they gave her that awful new costume.

There are a couple of guys with that look (minus possibly lipstick) but mostly older designs and/or Shatterstar (depending on how you view the weird "face armor" he got glued to the face) :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Jim Lee had an obsession with that strange headgear

Is that a Muton in the background? Makes sense.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Wasn't the original Captain Marvel an early example too? Dunno if he had that look in his first appearance (1967), but he had it by 1973.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The colour scheme makes me think she's the new Dove or something.

• Locked thread