Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Ashcans posted:

Maybe those ARE the zords, and the pilots will all be talking animals

This would be the best possible spin on this whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
I guess I'm one of the crazy ones because to me it's a really cool costume with the white accents. I mean I've seen Spideys costume since forever, keeping 90% of it and adding a flair isn't the worst thing in the world.
Why is it unholy to like costumes other than the standard one for Spider-Man again?

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Lurdiak posted:

People aren't complaining because it's different, they're complaining because they think it looks like poo poo.

Travis343 posted:

I think there's lots of great spiderman costumes out there, the black suit rules, even the Scarlet Spider outfits are pretty cool. Miles' costume is great too. This isn't bad because it's not the classic look, it's bad because it's actually bad.

I suppose that's fair but I could have sworn I saw someone post something about knowing how bad a medium is by how far from the standard costume it goes. If people just think it's ugly on its own merit well that I understand. I thought it was a how dare you change his costume thing and it was kinda throwing me off.

Silhouette posted:

Make the white parts black and it's instantly a good costume. The white is just too jarring.

I feel like doing that would take away the uniqueness of the thing. Although with games being how they are nowadays it'l probably change colors as your moral compass a la infamous

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Lurdiak posted:

Wickedhate, you've just described the Scarlet Spider's original costume. A costume deliberately designed to look like crap.

What are you talking about this one?

That's like one of the best ones out there. It's just simple and fun.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, it's straight from the horse's mouth. They designed it to look slapped together and dumb, and never intended for him to wear it longer than a handful of issues, until marketing said "Wowee zowee, people love this Scarlet Spider! Postpone the passing of the torch and give him his own book!"

Wow. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Lurdiak posted:

If you ever have a day or two to waste, you should read up on the behind the scenes of the Clone Saga.

Please, I'm at work...

I have MUCH more than a day or two to waste. I have an entire career to waste!

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
I am so annoyed by people saying "Oh look at Harley Quinn she is super cool and sexy and dark now!" Since when are strippers dark and mysterious? People who have never read a book with HQ in it are saying how she is much cooler now and it's seriously the most frustrating thing. And it's not even guys that i'm mostly hearing, It's women! Why they want a hooker running around calling herself Harley Quinn I'll never know.

Kind of a ragey post but goddamnit I used to really like the character and she is so bad now. At this rate within years she will fight crime entirely naked save for a pasty on each tit.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Aphrodite posted:

Seems like you're really hung up on appearances. "Cool" and "dark" have nothing to do with what someone's wearing. She's not a real person so she isn't choosing her outfit for herself obviously, but it seems like they're talking about characterization while you're stuck on look.

If it helps, she was bad before, but just in a way that appealed to you.

I'm not the most eloquent person but she was specifically talking about her costume. Saying that's what made her darker and cooler.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
Personally I didn't see antthing wrong with the old look but even if it had to be changed why change it into THAT? ANd as was just posted the theme isn't even Red/Black anymore. It's like they just made a new character and called it Harley

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Endless Mike posted:

TBF that seems to be the case for most of the characters.

The thing is, you're not even wrong. just THIS one seems to bother me the most because it's the only one I'm seeing people I know personally say it makes her cooler or more unique. Like I don't expect a 1:1 comic to movie costume but hell keep the THEME at least.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

But but but...It even looks decent! They made the costume and then specifically didn't use it? :psyduck:

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Die Laughing posted:

I'll be the one to say that the classic Harley costume does not look good on real human beings. Some costumes need to stay two dimensional.

Have we ever seen it on a real human being outside cosplay? I don't see anything particularly wrong with the one posted above other than the idea of doing acrobatics in high heels.

Toshimo posted:

You aren't seeing it on a person and in motion. It probably looks like butts that way. Also, it wouldn't fit at all with the aesthetic of the movie or the group.

And this is coming from someone who grew up on B:TAS.

But how would we even know if it looks goofy or not without ever getting to see it? I agree with your second point in that the movie's aesthetic is garbage tho.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

mind the walrus posted:

I can't find the images; there was a moment in the early 00s on Johns' Titans run where one of the newer Titans stumbles on Cyborg "sleeping", where all his meat parts get put into a nutrient bath and his mechanical parts get repairs. It was really effective and freaky and was the first time I thought of him as something other than Iron Man/Steel-esque. Much as I hate the DCEU so far, I've got to admit that the Cyborg design gets that part across.... at least in profile. He does look like a heat sink otherwise.

I would really love to see this if someone can find it. I've been looking for a reason to get into reading anything with Cyborg in it and this may do it for me.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

mind the walrus posted:

Don't get too excited iirc Cyborg was rather a bit player in both. If it's the first run I'm thinking of it's the one where Geoff Johns tries to retrofit Young Justice into the Wolfman/Perez Titans and was the moment DC started to break for me, and if it's the second run it's the One Year Later arc which is largely garbage in which Ravager is a creep, Kid Devil is pathetic, and the plucky "normal" mascot teens get eaten by their own mutant dog.

Ew, well drat. I know I've seen the question asked before, possibly in this thread?, But is there a good run of ANYTHING with Cyborg as a main contributor in it? I'm trying to like the guy but they are making it so hard.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

mind the walrus posted:

The original Wolfman/Perez run is your best shot. Maybe in that late 90s Titans run there was some good stuff. I don't know about New 52 stuff, but there might be good stuff because DC got an extreme boner to make him A-List.

Yea that's what I'm trying to find, what it was that made them go all "Oh poo poo yall, Cyborg is in the JL now." My immediate question was WHY, and I've yet to find a good answer for it. I'll check out that run man. Thanks!

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

mind the walrus posted:

Black (crap we can't rely on black Green Lantern anymore) + Tech-guy (Iron Man is a big deal now? You don't say?)

It was a marketing move 100%. I'm not knocking that at all, just calling a spade a spade.

:whitewater:

Wait, why DON'T we just the black GL anymore? Somehow I had completely forgotten about him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Lurdiak posted:

Geoff Johns has a weird obsession with the old guard of boring-rear end Justice Leaguers.

Man that's a bummer. Now I wanna go watch all the old JL episodes to see if John was the cool GL I remember or not.

Glad to see you got your AV back btw.

Edit: For now

• Locked thread