Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Dolash posted:

I saw a bit of the Incredibles the other day and was reminded of the Superhero costume designer scene. I was wondering if any comics have ever gone in-depth in-universe about superheroes and their costumes? Is there someone out there making outfits for heroes and villains? Do heroes themselves ever discuss costume trends like the 90s-era Liefield look or how absolutely everyone used to wear spandex?

Hoping I haven't missed that being covered in the thread already.

In 2004, Gotham Knights had a story with a guy who made costumes and gear for heroes and villains putting Hush in contact with Prometheus. I don't think he ever got a name, but it was this weird comparison between him looking pretty much just like The Undertaker from wrestling during his biker phase, but being a seamstress for the costume set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Travis343 posted:

The Injustice suit is the worst thing I've ever seen, honestly. He's got these silver plates everywhere. It's like George Clooney's suit from Batman & Robin except now for some reason it's considered cool and badass and not completely terrible.

I generally don't mind the "robo-batsuits" too much, but the Injustice suit just has the ugliest looking cowl in the world. It looks like a proper cowl was left out in the sun and melted and stretched out.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

She does have another look in the film, but who knows if it's her final form or an earlier version and she gets dirtier or even maybe something weird where this is what she thinks she looks like but she's actually all dirted up?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

The gimmick is the original character submerges herself in a bathtub full of muck (blood I suppose) and comes out looking like that permanently.

Also there are stink waves but I like the stink waves.

Stink waves are hot y'all

Not really permanently, she seems like she can switch back and forth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOQ3rcP1Rok Though, it's possible that anytime she looks like June Moon after the magic mud bath is just an illusion.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Do you know who would be an ace outside the box choice?

John Goodman.

"Mr. Barnes, welcome to the Apokolips School of Air Conditioner Repair!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Likewise, you can say you have a chink in your armour as long as you're not talking about this.

• Locked thread