Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Wonder Woman's costume always bugged me, without going down the rabbit hole of ''people should wear whatever they want free from persecution or judgment,'' and of course the fact that she's a fictional character.

I like this redesign

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I've always loved the "mystery men" costumes like the Golden Age Sandman (particularly the Mystery Theatre version over the green suit/purple cape Golden Age version), the Shadow, the Green Hornet, the Question, Crimson Avenger, and the Gray Ghost from Batman: The Animated Series. Years ago, Guy Davis did a really surreal sci-fi comic called Nevermen, about identical crimefighters who wore matching black suits, trench coats, fedoras, and goggles. It didn't make a lick of sense, but I always loved the character designs, despite their relative simplicity.

I'll have to look into Nevermen, it sounds cool. I'm a big fan of blank masks like The Question and Doctor Fate.

I like Earth 2's Fate costume

Marvel's new Moon Knight series has some great costumes as well

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 27, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Jade's underboob must be her superpower, distraction!

Also, at the risk of unleashing my inner sperg, I wanted to say that I like the redesign of Wonder Woman's costume not for the axe and shield but for the more practical lower half.

I mean, fighting in a bikini bottom or thong always struck me as ridiculous. Aerodynamic maybe, but still silly.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Balls, now I have to remember where I left off with OnePunch Man.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Given the dress code for female vampires, it could have been worse.

I mean, her character's been around for decades but isn't it just an excuse for pulp-grade soft-core? I guess vampires only grow hair where it's convenient.

:spergin: edit: I guess as an undead her hair and nails would cease to grow.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 15, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Pierson posted:

That first panel is loving incredible though ahahaha.

That torso :psyduck:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm trying to find something objective to say about that costume.

I just can't. I suppose I'm glad that others can? :unsmith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I haven't read the character since Maximum Carnage, and I think this look is pretty cool.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Not to go :supaburn: on Supe's new look, but I don't get the redesign. His old New 52 look was good imo, why change it now?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Bad fashion season in Thanagar

Also I thought that was supposed to be Aquaman, but the sort-of-A-design looks similar to Buddy's last costume.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Actually Femto's costume is completely original and it really is a terrible offense to Kentaro Miura that anyone would give the slightest credit to inferior Western influences

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Someone somewhere is jerkin it to that

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm glad there's a visual cue in case the reader forgot where Polaris' vagina would be

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

drat y'all just reminded me of the lovely FF film Doom and it's really bumming me out. Dr. Doom is my favorite Marvel villain of all time, and every film version I've seen so far has been really really awful.

I keep hoping the new FF's ''computer hacker doom'' is an elaborate troll designed to piss everyone off until the film debuts and the reality is SUPER RAD

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

In my ongoing quest to have the worst opinions, Blue Collar Superman with Super Anger Issues is kinda badass.

WW's new costume is pretty cool, but yeah, the boots are way too high.

Edit: I made a brief search for the Batman redesign but didn't seem to find much, anything available?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Gun-totin' cyberbatman is quite a stretch, hrm.

What's up with his rabbit ears?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Every time my nerd rage gets its panties in a bunch I count to ten and remember it is just a comic and therefore the dumbest thing to get mad about

The Appleseed analogue helps

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

He's gonna have a brouhaha with wonder woman while wearing an ''I do alpha poo poo'' shirt

SUPERMANS OVER

HES RUINED

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

All three of those are hella rad. Animal man in particular.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I was thinking motocross star myself

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I remember reading a JLA comic loving years ago where Ted Kord was dealing with being overweight and Guy Gardner beat the crap out of him in a boxing match welp that's my story cya

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Those are all thoroughly badass.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

.....i didn't think it was that bad.....

Oh, friend. Look at how wrong this opinion is.

I don't really see what the problem is. The suit is fine. The shield is an odd decision but whatever, it's a comic book. Of course, I have no attachment to Cap and I'm also not a big dumb baby that can't handle change.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Remember how Firestorm sucks? Check out these early Jason Rusch Firestorm designs from ChrisCross:

Those were all really cool for different reasons, but I like these two most. The one with a halo was unique, however a little too alien for me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

That's the final, eh? Shame they couldn't have chosen a more interesting costume.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

feetnotes posted:

Mask + shirt logo on those goons looks like they're a pack of Wild Dogs:

I unironically enjoy how absolutely terrible this costume is

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Deathstroke's sword's crossguard is straight-up dildos and I'm not really sure why his white sleeve isn't black but otherwise I like that a lot. Like, make the sword a spatha and it would be great.

Ravager I have no previous knowledge of, but the skull and crossbones is all kinds of cute so if that's her character's angle it all works.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Moon Knight's last run was one of my favorite books from Marvel, next to Hawkeye. I've never really been a fan of superhero comics in general, but Moon Knight's different looks were all really cool, though I liked his cape and cowl look most.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

well shoot.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Toadstrieb posted:

Anyone else seen these new (VERY Cam Kennedy-influenced) Knights of Ren concept art pieces? Black series, take my money.

There are all incredibly rad. That last one is my favorite.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

McSpanky posted:

"Whirlygig Saw on a Stick: Making Hitstun Work for YOU"

I have a whirligig saw at +9 and got stumped at Lady Maria, tried to parry her instead. This might convince me to give her another

whirl

im sorry

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I have to echo the whole 'cheap knockoff' comments... I mean drat, it's so generically superman, plus that :psyduck: S... also Kenji Kong?

Jesus it's all so ham-fisted

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Lol if you're over 16 and concerned about the quality of a show aimed at children designed to sell toys

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I like it, the exposed hair smacks of early 90s Image designs.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

My tolerance for bullshit is super high but each of those injustice costumes are hot garbage being picked apart by gulls during a civic strike

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Captain Spidmerica?

I get a same-y vibe too, but I think it's decent.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC's new Vigilante

I like a lot of these elements, but the rear v on his jacket looks off. The ''sunglasses under ski mask'' is pretty shoddy though.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Red Sonja is wank material, as the world turns

Definitely the sort of thing I would have read at 13, as my old purchases of Lady Death (uuuuugh) would attest.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

respect the sidetit window (I guess?), the little sister of the boob window

I can only see her torso as a narrow, bug-eyed face, since those cutouts make her comedically large breasts look like eyes to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Imagine the conversation where he forgets he has them in: "CURRISHIRER GORRUH I HAGH THU THALK THU YOOO" with slobber spraying everywhere
i.e., totally bad rear end

So Bale's batman then

• Locked thread