Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Horrible Taste posted:

And Black Suit Spidey is just a male version of the second Spider-Woman's costume.
I like that this is actually canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

VagueRant posted:

That's fair. No idea if it's meant to be leather, but even wool or other cloth material would be restrictive.

Another costumed that I didn't see mentioned was this Batman outfit I remember people talking about :

Probably shouldn't work, but it totally does.

By the way, why does Batman have no eyes?

I really appreciate that Capullo put Batman on a two-stroke and properly illustrated the smoke. Less impressed that the brakes don't have calipers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pierson posted:

I love how in every panel as she realises what joke he's making she covers up with her arms. What's the best stuff Rockslide was in/features prominently in?

Prominently? He was in Kyle & Yost's New X-Men a lot. It wasn't too bad once you get past the Death Bus.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love that he wore a mask so he had plausible deniability that it was Onyxx, the other rock kid who shows up in backgrounds and never does anything of note. Though of course he just wore it because it looks cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Bloody hell, I *knew* I saw a mustache on him, but I couldn't find it on a quick search for an earlier forums post.

Looks like I have to reread that story again! :dance:

Unrelated Rockslide awesomeness.

(From the Fear Itself event, when Juggernaut got all hammered-up and was heading to Frisco.)

Rerailing to costumery, has Emma Frost been revealed to be a Skrull or something? If there's one person you'd figure would absolutely *not* recycle someone else's rig...

(EF, post A vs X)

(Regan "Lady Mastermind" Wyngarde, when she joined the X-Men before/during the Children Of The Vault arc.)

Maybe Bachalo just likes sternums? During the big X-Men/Marauders fight on Muir Island at the end of Messiah Complex, X-23 gets her uniform ripped open in the same manner by Lady Deathstrike.

He just likes very perky breasts. Nothing wrong with that.

(If I was d00gz, I would call them unnaturally perky.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ashcans posted:

The crime of Jubliee's costume (is it actually a costume? It reads like a teenage fashion statement and isn't emblemed anywhere) isn't the trenchcoat, it's the rolled-up jean shorts.
That's exactly what it was, though she might have worn an X belt on occasion.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

According to the Rachel and Miles Explain the X-Men, it was to mind control him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

McSpanky posted:

Obviously Young Scott was a big fan of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

e; goddamn last page

But that clearly has a belt! It's just the same color!

EDIT: Actually, I guess that's just the horrible horizontal lines on the scan.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Let's not forget Battle Pope, the pope who battles things.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think it was a Jim Lee idea, actually, since he wanted to draw sexy Asian ninjas.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really liked his MI13 costume, actually.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When the new X-Men first showed up, Xavier said their costumes were made by Reed Richards of unstable molecules. There's definitely a tailor in NYC that caters to supertypes who shows up in the most street-level books. The X-Men have a Shiar machine in their basement that can just do whatever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

Your X-men uniform would literally be a school uniform. I dig it.

This is literally what they're supposed to be, and other than Generation X (which was at a different school), most generations have had them or a variation or update on them. The adults even wore them briefly following the Outback days and X-Men #1. There's obviously variants due to individual looks or powers, and New X-Men had different colors since they were separated into different teams until M Day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Superman has fingerless glove sleeve endings now. No word on whether looking like a middle aged man having a seizure is part of this exciting new redesign.
They're not fingerless gloves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Katana's outfit is the real crime here.

Why do you disrespect glorious Katana's costume, baka gaijin?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, all the character redesigns in Wonder Woman were really good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why does everyone in the future turn into the Maestro?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah but she has antigravity floats so according to Lurdiak she's no longer handicapped. Stephen Hawking only wishes he could float.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Why can't they just close the boob window and leave the rest of the costume alone. It's still a great costume without cleavage.

Because when they do it, they always have it get torn right there in every fight she's ever in anyway.

See also, Fairchild.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jeans and boots aren't exactly uncommon clothing.

Also, the Morales design had a cape, which this new one doesn't.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

I wonder what all around lovely artist and constant Zenoscope artist J Scott Campbell thinks of Wonder Woman's new costume.
Well, he's not wrong about the shoulder pads, and a lot of people here have made the same comment. Broken clock and all that.

Aphrodite posted:

It's well designed ugly.

His broader point that it's unflattering etc. is true, but completely intentional. She made it herself out of an outfit that's meant to be unflattering.
It's not unflattering, though, nor is it intended to be. It's form-fitting without looking like it's painted on. It's intended to be modest but not unfeminine or unattractive. You know, how most women dress when they're out in public most of the time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Professional wrestling.

Oh come on, the last Raw had Wiz Khalifa on for longer than women.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Who is the blonde with the Prophet helmet.

Uh, Captain Marvel? I assume? It's totally generic.

And Drax really doesn't need to go back to his Space Hulk costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also wasn't it pleather?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really wish people would stop trying to redesign Flash's costume. The Wally redesign worked since all it really did was modernize Barry's costume some, but was pretty minor overall. Everything else just comes off like it's trying to hard.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

That Green Lantern outfit would work for Alan Scott, but not the main lanterns.

Not sure why they don't just take the Stargirl and go the David Knight costume route with her, if they just cannot keep old costumes.
David Knight wore the original Starman costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

Wasn't that Jack? David wore a leather jacket and goggles.

No, you have them reversed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boy, that's not a costume that won't get mangled by every artist who draws it or anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wally West! You have to get out of here! Your ring is haunted!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweet sunglasses, Steel!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, those are exactly what I was thinking of.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bentley was very happy to be lucky number 13.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You need to have the finger control of a surgeon to be able to make those weird hand gestures consistently!

Now, why there's no concert violinist Sorcerer Supreme is a good question.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always liked this one, actually:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's biggest "But why?" imaginable.

Like it's perfectly fine, but it's just so...unnecessary.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That new Spider-Man design is like the laziest thing possible which makes it that much worse.

"Yeah I added mood lighting and made his boots a little taller. Pay me, bitches."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, that's why you just don't change it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

Or give him a Mullet.

Also, we already have the Kid Spider-man, where's the Robot and armor Spider-man?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not sure how you get more covered up than completely covered up like Spider-Gwen. If you mean not form-fitting, then yeah, probably Dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really want him to use web skis more.

• Locked thread