Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
hahaha

fifa.com's 2014 world cup dream team

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/games/dream-team/

NEUER, DAVID LUIZ, HUMMELS, MARCELO, T SILVA, DI MARIA, JAMES, KROOS, MESSI, MÜLLER, NEYMAR JR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

ayb posted:

hahaha

NEUER, DAVID LUIZ, HUMMELS, MARCELO, T SILVA, DI MARIA, JAMES, KROOS, MESSI, MÜLLER, NEYMAR JR

haha 3/4 brazilians for defense, really?

granted 2 of them weren't in the drubbing, but still c'mon

and who the hell is doing any defensive work in midfield?

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 18, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would definitely rather have had David Luiz than Kompany this WC hth.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

I would definitely rather have had David Luiz than Kompany this WC hth.

I'll take Boateng, tyvm.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

ayb posted:

hahaha

It's not like the post WC rankings are any better. Ecuador passed Algeria, Uruguay passed Switzerland and Brazil (and the rankings do not take into account margin of victory or goals scored/suffered, so it wasn't the 7-1) and so on. Though at least we can observe the beauty of Germany being 1 and Brazil being 7.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 18, 2014

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ayb posted:

hahaha

loving lmao. No Lahm, no Robben. Messi instead of Mascherano ughh

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

Hegay posted:

Also featured, the defense that conceded goals 10 goals in two matches (and Mats Hummels).

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Hegay posted:

Like they're going to leave out the golden ball 'winner'

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

Like they're going to leave out the golden ball 'winner'

Christ look at Messi's posture in his little portrait, he looks awful.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bishop posted:

can we make up some bullshit excuse to have more world cup matches?

on it bro http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

world cup dream team should be just germany's team

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Palpek posted:

world cup dream team should be just germany's team

Agreed sir, agreed.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ayb posted:

hahaha

lmao as many brazilians as germans

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Ah, yes, a defense that doesn't defend. Doubtlessly the best players from the World Cup.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

advanced statsman posted:

Ah, yes, a defense that doesn't defend. Doubtlessly the best players from the World Cup.

Let me share some unique Brazil soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the attacker, follow the defenders movement. Look for defenses to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the attacking third, not the first. Watch the suicidal runs and lack of decision making. Don't appreciate the run that was made, appreciate the run that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant counter-attack applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental stupidity and lack of defensive discipline required to maintain positioning without tracking back for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly dumb to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes hilarious.

Or you can just say lol Brazil matches are boring and hate them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Healbot posted:

Let me share some unique Brazil soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the attacker, follow the defenders movement. Look for defenses to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the attacking third, not the first. Watch the suicidal runs and lack of decision making. Don't appreciate the run that was made, appreciate the run that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant counter-attack applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental stupidity and lack of defensive discipline required to maintain positioning without tracking back for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly dumb to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes hilarious.

Or you can just say lol Brazil matches are boring and hate them.

i don't think any non-brazilian watching the brazil/germany game wanted their money back hth

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Hm I would have included Zuniga. He put in some backbreaking work.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Today I learned that messi's nickname in Argentina is "pepe antártico" and that fifa's paid all spanish league teams not to touch him.

I feel so bad for Romero, Zabaleta, Rojo, even Mascherano

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Fifa have announced their dreamteam for the world cup.

NEUER, DAVID LUIZ, HUMMELS, MARCELO, T SILVA, DI MARIA, JAMES, KROOS, MESSI, MÜLLER, NEYMAR JR, LOEW

The entire brazillian defense, 2 players who got injured half way through the tournament and no mascherano or robben. No suprises here from fifa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Joopjan posted:

Fifa have announced their dreamteam for the world cup.

NEUER, DAVID LUIZ, HUMMELS, MARCELO, T SILVA, DI MARIA, JAMES, KROOS, MESSI, MÜLLER, NEYMAR JR, LOEW

The entire brazillian defense, 2 players who got injured half way through the tournament and no mascherano or robben. No suprises here from fifa.

No poo poo idiot, it was posted already like a week ago.

• Locked thread