Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Messi will def do something amazing but it's been so easy to cut off his supply, especially if khedira has another monster game.
khedira works for interpol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Chris de Sperg posted:

very odd how they only had one semi final tbh

loving Sepp Blatter eh m8

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Frankston posted:

IF you're not watching on BBC I don't know what to tell you

i will be watching another sporza showing with 'Gertje' Gert Verheyen, Jan 'Bossie' Boskamp, Jan 'Jan Mulder' Mulder and "poo poo" Wesley Sonck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I went out and bought beer just for this today, I am prepared. Time to say goodbye to the best World Cup in recent memory but hopefully the Argies and the Krauts will give it a fantastic sendoff. I don't even care who wins, either Muller and Klose win it or Messi does and people will finally shut up about him never winning anything with Argentina.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

belgend posted:

i will be watching another sporza showing with 'Gertje' Gert Verheyen, Jan 'Bossie' Boskamp, Jan 'Jan Mulder' Mulder and "poo poo" Wesley Sonck
no bob peeters no watch

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Chris de Sperg posted:

no bob peeters no watch

it might be bob, idk they tend to switch up the fourth bloke.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
i would like messi to win it and i would like muller to win it, muller will get more chances to do so so i want messi to do it this time thank u

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
germany brazil is probably the funniest football match i've ever watched. this world cup has owned

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

i would like germany to win because gently caress argentina. The Finn you have been a good mod&admin, good luck on your new non-posting journey.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:siren:World Cup 2014 Final Refchat:siren:

The OP lists the referees but, per almost every other MDT this tournament I figured I'd come in with a little more information

Germany x Argentina
Ref: Nicola RIZZOLI (ITA)
AR1: Renato FAVERANI (ITA)
AR2: Andrea STEFANI (ITA)
4th: Carlos VERA (ECU)
RAR: Christian LESCANO (ECU)

Nicola Rizzoli is someone that most of us are pretty familiar with. If you watch Serie A, then of course you are very familiar with Italy's #1. The architect has worked a Champions League Final and an Europa League final, meaning if he can get the Euro 2016 final, which would be the last tournament he is age eligible for, he'll have completed one of the more impressive cycles in refereeing.

Rizzoli is a strange appointment for me for two reasons: 1) He has been average this whole tournament. I don't feel like he knocked any of his matches out of the park. Like... It's hard to describe what I mean because he definitely didn't blow any of his matches, but it's hard to say, imo, that his presence helped to produce a spectacle in any of the matches he put on. 2) This is the third time in a row for him to see Argentina at this tournament. I'm sure there are other exceptions to the unwritten rule of "only see the same team twice" but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I guess the Argentinians are happy with how he performed. I really doubt that Busacca would have appointed anyone that one of the teams involved was unhappy to see. Speaking of Busacca, he's 45 and would have been age eligible for this tournament. I feel like he would have had a shot at the final if he were still active. Oh well.

WC 2014 Matches
Spain 1 Netherlands 5 Group Stage 4 yellows, 1 pk
Nigeria 2 Argentina 3 Group Stage 2 yellows
Argentina 1 Belgium 0 Quarterfinal 3 yellows

Other matches of note
Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3 Champions League Semifinal 2013-2014
Dortmund 1 Bayern Munich 2, Champions League Final 2012-13
France 1 England 1 Euro 2012 Group Stage
Atletico Madrid 2 Fulham 1, Europa League Final 2009-10 (wasnt this the UEFA cup back then?)

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
farewell greg prince

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Italian ref? Might aswell pack up and leave right now Argentina.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Atletico Madrid 2 Fulham 1, Europa League Final 2009-10 (wasnt this the UEFA cup back then?)

was the first year as EL iirc

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
As I am in Germany I will be out in the streets (like every other person here) during this extraordinary evening. Nevertheless I hope this thread reaches 150 pages by the time I'm back. Have fun posting!

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Frankston posted:

IF you're not watching on BBC I don't know what to tell you

Mark Lawrenson

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I have a brief at crack rear end dawn that I 100% have to be at so I will be unable to party with Germans all night :(

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
i wish i was in germany right now

i was in italy for the 2006 win adn it was amazing

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Monday Bandele posted:

Mark Lawrenson

He's been especially bad this year, i'm watching ITV if he's on the bbc

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Soulex posted:

I have a brief at crack rear end dawn that I 100% have to be at so I will be unable to party with Germans all night :(

I have work in the morning too but like I give a gently caress either way everyone is gonna be hungover and tired.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

hopterque posted:

I have work in the morning too but like I give a gently caress either way everyone is gonna be hungover and tired.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's been especially bad this year, i'm watching ITV if he's on the bbc

yeah because andy townsend will be much better (also the bbc will probably have five live option ftw)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

hopterque posted:

If I had a civilian job, Id think the same thing.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Im doing all the moves

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The Finn posted:

Also it's my last day, TRP's been great, continue making it a funny place to chat about football. :)

Nice meltdown

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Didn't realize it was your last day, man. Sorry for stepping on your toes! Godspeed.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Last time I showed up to work with a hangover I was threatened to have the MPs brought over for a breathalizer and if I was over .01 id get slammed with drunk on duty.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

As I am in Germany I will be out in the streets (like every other person here) during this extraordinary evening. Nevertheless I hope this thread reaches 150 pages by the time I'm back. Have fun posting!

Same. I'm off to the bar now, so see you guys on tuesday or wednesday probably or, if I die tonight, in hell

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Hegay posted:

the dude who wrote the other OP, watched dota2 tournament stream during the semis, and hell, he seemed proud of it greg.. it's wrong.

To be fair that game was really boring

Reminder that if Messi scores a hat trick I get permabanned

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Soulex posted:

Last time I showed up to work with a hangover I was threatened to have the MPs brought over for a breathalizer and if I was over .01 id get slammed with drunk on duty.

This is why the military is g*y as h*ck.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

hopterque posted:

This is why the military is g*y as h*ck.

Literally sometimes yes.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Op has a factual error in that, if they win, this shall v Germany's FIRST World Cup

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I'm hype as gently caress.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ive been crying for hours irl and i wonder if i will ever stop

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
I have a really bad feeling this is going to be a 0-0 draw and Messi blows his PK over the bar Germany wins 4-3 on penalties.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Why does it say 3pm start est everywhere but fifa.com says 4?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

tbp posted:

Op has a factual error in that, if they win, this shall v Germany's FIRST World Cup
It will.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

tbp posted:

You can keep repeating this but it won't make it true, sorry op.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
rip greg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Why does it say 3pm start est everywhere but fifa.com says 4?

the programming will start an hour before, the game kicks off at 9pm UK which is 4pm est according to google

• Locked thread