Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

For the first tie in a long, long time i've made a bet. RIP germanys hopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

kliksf posted:

I have a really bad feeling this is going to be a 0-0 draw and Messi blows his PK over the bar Germany wins 4-3 on penalties.

Really don't understand the need for penalties on the final. Let them play. And every 15 minutes take one guy from each team. 10 on 10, then 9 on 9 etc. They'll score sooner than later. And there would actually be some skill involved.
Or move the kicks back three feet. Morons, this isn't brain surgery.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
Coach Joachim Loew has a negative Pluto in exaltation. This phenomenon leads to bitter heartache.

Coach Alejandro Sabella has four planets — Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Mars — in exaltation, thereby making him the best coach in the World Cup.

Place your bets accordingly.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

AND PUT THREE BALLS ON THE FIELD

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

the programming will start an hour before, the game kicks off at 9pm UK which is 4pm est according to google

Thanks. Google is showing three and usually they would just show the start time.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Why does it say 3pm start est everywhere but fifa.com says 4?

Extra pre-game bullshit? Probably extra pre-game bullshit.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I think Germany will win their first world cup today.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
anything other than 4-0 nazis will be a huge letdown imo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

the programming will start an hour before, the game kicks off at 9pm UK which is 4pm est according to google

I thought by that they meant 4pm Rio time

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

There's a closing ceremony

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So is it just kicking off at the same time as all the other late matches? If so, Google has lied to me.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

not not luvd posted:

anything other than 4-0 nazis will be a huge letdown imo

I'd 8-2 contradict you, but...

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
We will win it for the fourth time, overtaking Italy as is proper.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

vyelkin posted:

So is it just kicking off at the same time as all the other late matches? If so, Google has lied to me.

No, it kicks off one hour earlier than the semifinals.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I will be happy as long as two or more goals are scored, no matter who scores them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Torrannor posted:

No, it kicks off one hour earlier than the semifinals.

Okay that's what I thought. Don't want to miss the whole first half.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

For the first tie in a long, long time i've made a bet. RIP germanys hopes
i'm tempted to have a flutter on somethign to do with argentina (argentina at 13/5 or argentina and btts at 13/2 or argentina and btts in 90 at 17/2) because the prices are so high and it feels like a 90th minute messi winner is in the script but i probably won't in the end

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Will be watching this somewhere in Manhattan.

No BBC for me!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

william hill are doing germany to win the world cup at 4/1 if you're new, max £10

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
oh my mistake est guy it must be 8pm uk which is def 3pm est 4pm brazilian i assumed it was 9ppm like the others my mistake sorry everyone

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

JFairfax posted:

Will be watching this somewhere in Manhattan.

No BBC for me!

Where? Loreley is great for German games but I think I'd need to get there soon to have a chance of getting in.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

i'll be very sad when it's all over chaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj-1b1Yvep8

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

tbp posted:

Op has a factual error in that, if they win, this shall v Germany's FIRST World Cup

Germany was the "Federal Republic of Germany" before the reunification and is the "Federal Republic of Germany" now. Just because it was informally called West Germany doesn't make it a different country. They simply added a bunch of states. The flag didn't change, the coat of arms didn't change, the anthem didn't change etc.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Maradona says Messi will score a couple and hell who are we to disagree.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

El Hefe posted:

Not me, I'd love it

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I hope the Nazi boys go out and do it for Hitler, boy would he have been delighted to see his unified German state finally win a world cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Thanks. Google is showing three and usually they would just show the start time.

The match kicks off at 3PM EST(4PM Local in Rio).

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

Germany 3-1, kroos first goalscorer

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
all the nerves

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

Pele associates with known idiot bitch fuckers and is an idiot bitch fucker himself. I disagree on principle.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

gently caress the argies

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

Germany 3-0, Muller.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
alexei lalas sitting up there next to two all time great players, get the gently caress off my TV your assturd

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

fully justified

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

3-1, Müller to score first.

e: to clarify 3-1 germany to win.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 13, 2014

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

messi first goal, germany 3-1 aet

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

I say 0-2, Lavezzi to score first and give the scarf to Greg if I win

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

Germany 2-1, Muller

I'm Lawro-ing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

2 -1 germany, kroos to score

• Locked thread