Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I went out and bought beer just for this today, I am prepared. Time to say goodbye to the best World Cup in recent memory but hopefully the Argies and the Krauts will give it a fantastic sendoff. I don't even care who wins, either Muller and Klose win it or Messi does and people will finally shut up about him never winning anything with Argentina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So is it just kicking off at the same time as all the other late matches? If so, Google has lied to me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I will be happy as long as two or more goals are scored, no matter who scores them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Torrannor posted:

No, it kicks off one hour earlier than the semifinals.

Okay that's what I thought. Don't want to miss the whole first half.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

Germany 2-1, Muller

I'm Lawro-ing it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rip finn, all the liverpool fans are for sure getting banned without our admin shield so i'll see you on the other side

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Juanito posted:

this World Cup was my first time hanging out in TRP, and I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the camaraderie, the trashtalking, and also good modding.

but mostly I've enjoyed the fact that the Netherlands didn't make it to the final because of oliwan

that guy is the worst

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

all any commentator on tv ever talks about is messi messi messi. so tired of hearing how messi is going to singlehandedly dismantle the german machine.

messi killed hitler in argentina

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol jogi low couldn't even be bothered to wear a suit to the world cup final

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

does he actually have autism or is that a running joke because he is weird and quiet

i honestly cant tell

hes super autistic, at home all he does is count how many hairs are in his carpet between matches

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

how do you saying parking the bus in spanish

tiki taka

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
what a poo poo free kick

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dudley posted:

Much better.

germany 8-8

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

malder posted:

Everybody read this while watching the game

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Er_ist_wieder_da

no i will not

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
messi runs the unreal engine

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
those malvinas counters are tasty

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hang on why is kramer playing, i thought khedira was starting because the lineup was unchanged from the semi?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

belgend posted:

injured in warmups

must suck to be him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ooo, that's nasty

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that one deserves some wrestling commentary

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

marsisol posted:

Thats a suspension in the NHL. Yikes

no one cares about the nhl, and i'm canadian so that actually means something

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ffffffffffuck higuain jesus christ

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Soccer players seem like such horrible chokers sometimes when it comes to putting the ball in the god drat net. I'm sure it's harder than it looks but christ. Like when the US had that opportunity at the end of the game against Belgium to maybe steal one and nope the guy just kicks it up in the air.

yeah this game is just like that time when the US

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

No I actually really like soccer this part of it just confuses me. I feel like there should be more of these goofy outcomes but sometimes it seems like even god is on the side of the favorites like when that Chile ball hit the crossbar at the end of the Brazil game.

the part where some players do well under pressure and others don't? yeah that's unique to football, no other sports are like that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

yeah its a hilarious name for sure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabi%C3%A1n_Assmann

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
offside pipita

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
jerry? uh, jerry, i'm not seeing straight

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
good chance krauts

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
fuuck messi almost pulling a maradona there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sphyre posted:

muller is a oval office

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if klose was a bit younger...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this game owns for a world cup final

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rats off to ya posted:

Worst coke ad ever

look at this scrub not watching on bbc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lazlow posted:

HOLY fuckballs my stomach is in knots here

Come on you Germanians

the technical term is 'kraut'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
anyone not watching on bbc is missing a loving amaznig goal montage

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rats off to ya posted:

Describe it to me please

there were seven goals and they all owned except for one that was scored by an american

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

aww yeah that's some good kids show i'm glad you advertised that during the literal world cup final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ponce de Le0n posted:

For all the hate itv gets, they would never show a dr who ad during the world cup final.

Imagine chilesy getting hype over a loving dalek, would never happen.

they advertised some loving show about a priest solving crimes all the time during the tournament

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
well even if we dont break the goal record weve probably broken the offside record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
loving fail-rear end midget

• Locked thread