Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
and now they just make a worse version of god of war (which is already bad) and metal gears that aren't as good as revengeance.

pictured: a terrifying boss fight

Imp Zone, what are your favorite konami games that don't exist anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

2d Castlevania Mega Owns.

also lords of shadow 1 is a much better god of war than the actual god of war, not that that's saying a lot.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
i used to get pretty excited at the sight of those silver Konami NES boxes because it usually meant that there was a drat good game inside w/ cool-rear end music.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Sword of Etheria could have done with a sequel to straighten itself out.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

konami made teenage mutant ninja turtles turtles in time
konami published zombies ate my neighbors

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

All hail the once great beast who is now served to us fast food style covered in crusted cum.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

up up down down left right left right b a

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Can I use this thread as an excuse to talk about Snatcher for a bit because that's what I'm going to do

I loving love Snatcher, and it makes me sad because I don't think enough people have gone the whole way on Snatcher

Most of Snatcher's gameplay you were doing this, the point and click adventure style investigation, and you would naturally be doing this with the mega drive controller
But in order to get the real Snatcher experience, you'd need this thing

Look at that. It's beautiful. That's the Konami Justifier, and even if the other light guns bested it in terms of usability, it's got style on it's side.

So when one of these shooting sequences happened, instead of using the regular controller like a chump, you'd use your light gun and shoot at the screen. But because you'd be using the normal controller for the investigation bits and you wouldn't know when a combat section was going to happen, you had to have your gun at the side, and be able to grab it at a moments notice.

It's loving rad because Gillian wouldn't always have his gun out, so you have to actually draw your gun out when you're caught off guard, like he was. it's a bit of immersion that I haven't seen in another game and I think it's basically the coolest thing ever

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

also the MGSV Snatcher mission is a total disappointment because there was no remix of Pleasure of Tension or One Night in Neo Kobe City

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Motherfucking

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

2d Castlevania Mega Owns.

also lords of shadow 1 is a much better god of war than the actual god of war, not that that's saying a lot.

look at this excellent post

I wish konami would stop loving around with 3d castlevania games and make an honest effort to best sotn

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

Motherfucking

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Flynn Taggart posted:

Motherfucking

mystical ninja loving owned but god drat if i didn't have a single loving clue what was going on plot-wise

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

AHungryRobot posted:

mystical ninja loving owned but god drat if i didn't have a single loving clue what was going on plot-wise

ninjas, and mystics

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

AHungryRobot posted:

"that pipe you have is so fashionable" sums up that whole incredible pile of crazy

thuly fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 14, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

AHungryRobot posted:

player two was an old dude who fought with a pipe and wore like a headband with the knot tied under his huge nose that is your clue to not gaf about the plot

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Oil Can Boyd posted:

ninjas, and mystics

And innuendo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hey, this is a little controversial, and I know it might piss some people off, but I have to say it:

Super Castlevania IV was a really good game and is too often overshadowed by Castlevania III and SotN.

Well, that's my two cents. Hope I didn't offend anyone

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

nah SC4 was also super good, especially the music, I just never really liked the stiff controls of the earlier games

still played and enjoyed them though :)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

xexex and axelay were great shootem ups with excellent graphic styles

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

Motherfucking

this series is the loving best for anybody that doesn't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdwkTYuesUc

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AE-35 Unit posted:

nah SC4 was also super good, especially the music, I just never really liked the stiff controls of the earlier games

still played and enjoyed them though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUEC1Rcb1TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11Or2ZvKWU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

i'm still impressed with axelay's graphics, especially given that it was early in the snes life cycle

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
yugioh op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you've activated my trap card

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
konami doesn't know how to make a card game but goddamn do they know how to run an ip into the ground.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
does anyone, really, know how to make a card game?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Silver Alicorn posted:

they are called living card games op

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Flynn Taggart posted:

Motherfucking

I had the untraslated SNES rom of some game from this series and that's my entire exposure to it.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

I love konami to bits but xexex was a lovely shameless r-type ripoff so bad i couldn't get through the first stage before turning it off

Why did konami rename winning eleven (a good name) to PES (more like piss)? I am 100% sure thats why they lost ground to ea fifa

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

Whoever came up with hearts and bridge was pretty good.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Caravan is a great card game

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Flynn Taggart posted:

Motherfucking

Man you're gonna make me put project 64 back into my computer

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Still waitin' for goonies 3, konami.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

DLTN posted:

this series is the loving best for anybody that doesn't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdwkTYuesUc

There was an enemy in the forest level that was a big blue dude who walked on all fours with his rear end in the air and he shot a smaller dude out of his rear end in a top hat that would run around and try to kill you

That game was tits

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Literally the biggest video game tragedy of our times is that Starring Goemon barely runs in Project 64. Goemon's Great Adventure works fine though

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

DoubleDonut posted:

Literally the biggest video game tragedy of our times is that Starring Goemon barely runs in Project 64. Goemon's Great Adventure works fine though

Aw gently caress really? MM64 didn't render the explosion clouds in project 64 so I had to judge boss attacks based on pose and Juno's energy attack would pause the game and open an error window. I had to close the window and quickly dodge the invisible explosion to avoid eating a hit.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7AWmMlhZFo

Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

this is acceptable

• Locked thread