Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
My Mazdaspeed3 and I would love to drive 10 minutes to Namao for winter-x!

I love/hate this god forsaken arctic wasteland.

In regards to the Super Duty with the Union Jack, my friend moved her from England with dreams of oil money, buying a pickup truck and marrying an Alberta girl so he can stay - he did all three before his work Visa expired. Living the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
This is how we get down in Alberta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ai0euhoKfM

Shoota_McG fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 10, 2014

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
In Alberta we post broken links!

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Just a block south of me in North Edmonton I actually did see a truck with a 780 coal rollers decal on it.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

McTinkerson posted:

Whelp, it's officially snowed in the Edmonton area. Got the winters on the RX-8 just in time. If you see a RX-8 driving around with colour mismatched super advans this winter, wave! I'm also curious to see how my Grabber AT2's on the wrangler are going to hold up in the snow & ice. That snow flake rating better not be a lie.

I just got my winters on my MS3 today, got a little nervous when it was coming down heavy the other night.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

This is really awesome.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

UnFriendly Fire posted:

I just traded in my Genesis on a new WRX. Now I just need to get through the next few days on the stock summer tires. In Edmonton. :(

You'll be fine, highs well above zero all week.

Then again, itching to try out my new Yokohama Iceguards on some real snow.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

neckbeard posted:

I put on my winter tires today and feel the same way. gently caress the snow, lets find some dirt roads and go rallying

This is always a good idea.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Homeless spikes to keep the homeless from sleeping on your hood.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
And everybody I know is on a tropical vacation!

Drove around quite a bit today, the new Yokohama IceGuards work great on the wife's CR-V, didn't get to try the ones on my Mazdaspeed3 yet. Had to actually scrape off the windshield today, I forgot how much I hate that.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I didn't realize Alberta was weird in that you can buy and sell cars privately without paying tax. As somebody who buys pieces of poo poo to race in a field, I appreciate rock bottom prices and a lack of government oversight.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I think it would be really weird if it was the driver's responsibility to enforce adult passengers to wear their seat belts.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
That's awesome!

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
No words for the beauty and majesty of that track

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Neckbeard, let's buy go karts and tow them with your TDI.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Even if it does snow it shouldn't pile up or stick around. I'll probably swap my summers on this weekend anyways.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I can offer very little insight to any of these trucks but the 4.0L V6 Ranger has criminally poor fuel economy.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Nice, I've always thought the Prowler was underloved.

I drove through Edson today, the GM dealership had a Prowler and a Saturn Sky sitting out front. I also saw Paul Walker's Eclipse driving down the highway. Do people replicate that car a lot? I swear I saw one on the QE2 as well.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I saw this terrible rat rod Integra in Edmonton yesterday

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

neckbeard posted:

Was just driving home from Shoota_McG's place this evening and holy poo poo, someone has a McLaren P1 in Edmonton, spotted a blue one at 118ave and 127st

Neither I or those billionaire doors live on or near 118 ave.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

neckbeard posted:

I take 127 south to 118ave and then continue south on 124th st.

Word from 780tuners is that the owner won ~$40mil in the lotto a couple years ago.

I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't live near 118 ave, for social status reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
It’s always been normal to warm my car up for 30 minutes just to drive for 10.