Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

While the game isn't really new, the game has recently been taken off Early Access and become a full title. With the recent releases, they have added a soundtrack, a few more biomes, some new enemies, and many customization options.

Premise

While there is a little story in the game, it really isn't important and you should skip it. The premise about the game is that you are transported to a set of islands all by your lonesome. Somewhere on this island are robots that are out to kill you and I assume either hang you up on the wall or marinate your corpse in Worcestershire sauce. Your goal is to avoid these robots and collect all of the stones and return them to middle island in the center of the map. Peppered around the map are towns with houses. Most of the stuff in them are junk but there are someedible things and weapons. But be careful, towns are definite hotspots where robots love to hang out.

Future plans
The most recent patches have added a soundtrack, a new biome, and customization options. You can choose to eliminate the robots completely, or you can decide what types you want to spawn and when you want them to spawn. The next thing that seems to be on the plate is multiplayer, but that is still quite a ways off.

Gameplay

As stated before, the goal of the game is to collect all of the stones and return them to the middle island. However, the game becomes more difficult the longer you are alive on the island and the more stones you return. As the game goes on, more robot types will join the fray and you will find more robots populating places where they didn't before. You also have two items to keep track of: Your health and vitality. Health is self explanatory. You die when you run out of health. Vitality is something like your hunger. It constantly ticks down, and when it is above 50, your health regenerates. You restore vitality by eating or drinking something. The game is primarily a stealth game. There are weapons including an axe, revolver, shotgun, and a rifle. But there are many tools to distract such as alarm clocks, bottles, rocks, etc. Earlier today, I was approaching a stone and two hunters were guarding it. I set the alarm clock for 50 seconds, dropped the alarm, and slowly crouched in the other direction. When the alarm went off, the robots went to check it, I ran in and grabbed the stone, and ran off before they came back. Another way to play is to become the hunter. I could have easily just blasted them to bits, took my stone, and ran off before backup arrived. The decision is up to you.

There are several different types of robots, but I don't want to ruin the surprise. But just remember, you are being hunted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akrT77X-IZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I've had a good time sneaking around in this game, taking potshots at patrols and then hiding in the grass. This game is at its best when you have a bunch of robots looking for you and you're barely managing to keep out of sight. Really tense and atmospheric, but mostly this is a silly little game worth a look at.

• Locked thread