Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wow, Australia has some suicidal birds.

And the football is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Qv_p0ILWc

posting this classic cause i had to rewatch it again when hearing his voice

THEY'VE GOT NO FANS! THEY'VE GOT NO FANS!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The sound of someone ending their career live on air.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Brony Car posted:

This is me.

For the love of all things holy, please step in front of that train.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

You could say it was a bit of....Argy Bargy :cool:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Made me giggle

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lmao, total brain fart.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ashley Fletcher, take a bow son:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmtIWhN_dU&t=74s

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Holy poo poo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sorry Spurs, you bought the wrong RWB

https://twitter.com/OurMFC/status/1550563719389880320?t=2KTwUrVCq_xmichvDs0mwA&s=19

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Simply rotate the stadium 180 degrees so it's now the Gilbert & Rose East Stand.

Problem solved.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lmao

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol how did the Forest player only get a yellow for that?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I still don't know how Riley McGree didn't win it that year, just the audacity to even attempt a scorpion kick like that is incredible.

Though Messi's was probably worth a shout seeing as it gave Maradona a heart attack

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Vegetable posted:

On the other hand if this was hosted in Japan and they ended up draping a kimono on Messi that’d be pretty cool and I’d have no objections. All this is purely about how detestable the host country is.

Japan already has football stadiums and a footballing culture so wouldn't have required the deaths of thousands of migrant workers in order to hold the tournament.

Also it's okay to be a woman or gay there

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Top level shithousery from this goalkeeper

https://twitter.com/Gideoomatic/status/1619691665773711360?t=1t6OEkU9ZgdU04oJuh7yzA&s=19

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

greazeball posted:

Weird fair play moment in the Scottish Cup: Rangers player goes down with an injury so his teammates put the ball out. The injured player apparently doesn't see what happened so he closes down the other team as they throw it in to kick the ball back and scores a goal. Then it's handbags and Rangers end up letting Partick Thistle score from the kickoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBvfGwjMlM&t=343s

Tillman is a dickhead, he must have known the defender was kicking the ball back to them considering that is what happens 99% of the time when the injured player's team kick the ball out of play for an injury.

Also not sure what Ranger's keeper was playing at, the absolute twat.

Oh and the supporters booing the decision to allow Thistle to equalise. Absolute bunch of cunts.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

He didn’t see it, he’d been off the field getting treatment after someone stamped on his ankle, and didn’t see Tav put it out. If you’d just got to your feet and looked at how Thistle were set up, you’d think they were going to attack rather than give the ball back, majority of their players were pressing in the Rangers half and they could have thrown it to right back anyway?

Tillman did what you’d want any young player to do, got bodied all game but got back up each time. Just poo poo luck, and Beale did the right thing too.

Ref bottled it repeatedly, I’d have booed him.

Nah sorry, not buying that. Tillman's teammate even indicated that it was going back to their keeper and like I said, that's generally what happens in this instance. Poor touch from the throw in doesn't excuse Tillman just steaming in for the ball thinking the Thistle player was trying to start an attack

Edit - Ah you're a Rangers fan. Well, I guess someone has to be

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Holy poo poo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Heh

https://twitter.com/jgnufc1/status/1646208152117952514?t=WDLJkyJ-cfpqlfWNyipAeQ&s=19

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Duncan Watmore trotted off to the Boro bench by mistake after getting subbed yesterday. The video is good but this photo is just :discourse:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Grimson posted:

that mascot though

It used to be this, tbf

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

joepinetree posted:

Literally. It's the u-20 Brazilian cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saci_(Brazilian_folklore)

Internacional, the club in red, was the first in their state to have black players, and so internacional ended up incorporating a lot of the slurs their cross town rivals yelled at them as part of their identity. Gremio (the team in blue and their main rivals) is one of the few teams where they will do the thing common in Europe and Argentina of using "monkey" as a racist insult against other teams, so Internacional's other mascot is a monkey.

So there is racism involved, but not on part of internacional.

Did not know this, that's pretty cool actually!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

I don’t know what this means but I’m going to guess it means something along the lines of “NBA D-League players tend to do well in local 40+ church basketball leagues”

How close am I

The football pyramid in England is as follows:

Premier League (also known as the EPL)
Championship (Top tier of the English Football league, also known as the EFL)
League One (EFL)
League Two (EFL)
National League (used to be known as the Conference League) (Not EFL)

There are tiers lower than the National League, there are god knows how many tiers in Semi-Pro and Amateur Football, but for the last 15 or so years Wrexham were the oldest professional team playing in the National League.

Paul Mullin was playing in League 2 for Cambridge United the season before Rob & Ryan took over Wrexham, he was the top scorer in that league winning the Golden Boot award with 32 league goals in 46 appearances and he left for Wrexham on a free transfer. In his first season in the National League he also won the Golden Boot with 26 league goals in 38 appearances, 32 goals in all competitions.

Players from League One playing in the National League are generally even more of a cheat code and Wrexham signed Ollie Palmer from League One club AFC Wimbledon for a club record fee of £300,000.

In his first season for Wrexham he scored 15 league goals in 21 games.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 24, 2023

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Just as dumb that League One isn’t the top league. Or that Championship isn’t the top league. None of the names make sense.

When I were a lad it was

Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
Football Conference

Then in 1992 everything changed with the creation of the Premier League and all the money that came with being in it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

not unless you were a lad in 1958 it weren't

Lol I've missed out the Fourth Division haven't I?

And I used to play the original Championship Manager on my Amiga religiously!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Heh

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

pik_d posted:

If you think that tiny little baby arm photoshopped onto him is real, I'm sorry

https://twitter.com/LewVisualss/status/1695856882253021433

Sonofabitch

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

What a hit son

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Was that the last kick of the game or something, why's the keeper up so high

Yes

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lmao

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Does that mean Squires actually drew a Warnock ball bag? Lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Not being funny but the keeper really should have saved that Carlos one against Gremio, it was well telegraphed.

Barthez had no chance, mind.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

A Passing Feeling posted:

A key part of schoolground football culture for me was everyone screaming "BATISTUTA" before kicking the ball as hard as humanly possible towards the goal

It took me several years to realise that Gabriel Batistuta was a player (I just thought it was a very cool thing to yell)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBrovVeR9k

^ for the sake of actual content, it would have been around the time that he was doing this

We used to yell "BATIGOL" whenever someone scored a screamer.

Also I used to model myself as a combination of Rene Higuita and Jose Chilavert when playing in goal

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

That is adorable

Edit - The dog, not the flare thingy

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

It's alright, it's only Ray Parlour

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 22, 2023

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

What's the opposite of photobombing because that's actually what Big Sam has done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I did a lol