Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I do. I pretend it's for irony but I know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
no because im able to look at them and say "even if its 2 dollars for 200 games its 2 dollars spent on 200 games i'll never play so its a waste of loving money"

its called being an adult

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have only ever bought one bundle and it was the ID bundle.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I bought an indie game bundle once and that's how I learned that indie is just a nice way of saying poo poo.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
humble bung hole

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Mung Dynasty posted:

no because im able to look at them and say "even if its 2 dollars for 200 games its 2 dollars spent on 200 games i'll never play so its a waste of loving money"

its called being an adult

sell the cards, make money

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought "the orange box" and have never installed or logged onto steam. btw if anyone films him- or herself reading the entire multipart steam megathread OP out loud I'm going to gas that thread and hold it ransom, check out qcs for more info

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I buy the humble bundle if it looks interesting for $1 and then never play the games

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ralp posted:

I bought "the orange box" and have never installed or logged onto steam. btw if anyone films him- or herself reading the entire multipart steam megathread OP out loud I'm going to gas that thread and hold it ransom, check out qcs for more info

can i record myself saying it or can it be a lovely webcam.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
nyan cat 10 hours

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Ralp posted:

Holy Christ nuggets, batman. I want to do this but oh my god.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Ralp posted:

well, i guess the steam thread is pretty safe then

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

how about john galt's speech from atlas shrugged instead

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Can this be done as a joint effort?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I can record it but I don't have a video camera

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

thank you ralp for blessing my poo poo thread

Dec 26, 2012

Ralp posted:

is the deal here video or is just audio ok

Dec 26, 2012

also yeah can this be a joint effort

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I just checked, and it's forty thousand words. Forty thousand. At an average spoken pace of a hundred and fifty words per minute, that's about four hours.

How loving rude do you have to be to make your OP that long?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

there was a warner bros bundle like 6-8 months ago which had batman asylum and city and some other games I didn't care about which I bought and it was totally worth the 2-3 bucks I spent on it

bundles are usually crap though

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

i don't buy videogames.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ralp posted:

is audio okay?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'll give someone a copy of eye for a copy of the xcom complete classic pack that comes w/ humble bundle in case you don't have eye for some reason. i don't have xcom for some reason.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looke posted:

is audio okay?

only if you've posted in the voice actor megathread before now. otherwise your talking face has to appear for at least part of the reading

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i pretty much buy bundles continuouWOAH BREAKING DEVELOPMENT time to kill the steam thread

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Should we just post the link here or what?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

i don't buy videogames.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I will do it. I will buy a webcam just to murder that thread.

I buy bundles because I am addicted to buying things, a true patriot.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Something about the bundles at BundleStars keeps me coming back, it's like watching a train wreck except it spews debris all over your steam list and it costs 4 bucks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You pay the minimum amount for the one game you want and file the rest under an always minimized category called bundle crap or something because they're still contributing XP to your games owned badge, bringing you that much closer to increased booster pack drops.

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

If you actually pull this off you'll be doing god's work. :patriot:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Can it be done in parts, like one post at a time, or something, in case one cannot handle reading the steam megathread for four hours.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo this is incredible. If nobody's done it by this weekend I will save the day.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Ralp can we get a similar deal for the Dota 2 thread?

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
I buy games in bundles just so I look richer than I am, which I'm not.

:(

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i buy dogshit op, real turds.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Falsum posted:

Ralp can we get a similar deal for the star citizen thread?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Some day I will play Stalin Subway 2: The Red Veil and get 50 cents worth of laughs. Some day.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
what steam thread are you guys talking about? I can't find it. Are you talking about the main steam thread in Games http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510690

Also, I only bought the first and second humble bundles, only because still didn't have too many games at the time. Now after 3 or so summer+winter steam sales I have all the games I could possibly want and the few indie titles I actually want to play I end up buying on steam before it goes into a bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

program666 posted:

what steam thread are you guys talking about? I can't find it. Are you talking about the main steam thread in Games http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510690

Also, I only bought the first and second humble bundles, only because still didn't have too many games at the time. Now after 3 or so summer+winter steam sales I have all the games I could possibly want and the few indie titles I actually want to play I end up buying on steam before it goes into a bundle.

that's the one in question, yes.

i'm gonna livestream it tonight.

• Locked thread