Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I'm building myself a home lab based on this series of tutorials: http://boerlowie.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/building-the-ultimate-vsphere-lab-part-7-sql-server/

The networking part was working yesterday. My clients were able to hit my Exchange and IIS VMs, but today, they can only hit my domain controller VM (10.0.0.1). They can't ping anything else besides themselves and the DC VM. Every server VM has a static IP address. The domain controller VM can't ping anything else either even though everything else is able to ping it.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Turning Windows Firewall off on the SQL and IIS VMs did the trick. I'm not sure why though, as my domain controller and Exchange VM have Windows Firewall on and I'm able to reach them.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
You need to allow it through your Windows firewall first. If you check your inbound rules, you should see something called an Echo Request (ICMP in) under File and Printer sharing services. Ping uses ICMP and Windows doesn't allow it by default for some reason :( You have to toggle separate rules for IPv4 and IPv6

• Locked thread