Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I opened up steam to the library, and staring at me right in the face are two games I pre-ordered. They were Breach and Brink, and staring at those game titles in steam made me a little sad. Do any of you guys have major pre-order regrets? The game that got me to swear the practice of all together was Dragon Age 2, and that fact that I pre-ordered it will always make me a little embarrassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

This thread is triggering because I pre-ordered XCOM: The Bureau and now I get the shakes whenever I look at my steam library and see 20 minutes played next to something I paid 60 dollars for. Oh and a very long time ago I pre-ordered Spider-man 3 based on the strength of 2, and I was also bitterly disappointed.

I also own Heavy Rain for some unfathomable reason. My only solace is that I made a last-minute decision not to pre-order Dragon Age 2.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
lotta shame in this thread

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I pre-ordered the delux versions of two games. Saints Row:The Third and Fallout 3.

Neither lived up to the hype, and the pre-order and deluxe bonuses sucked :(((

Thankfully the Pokemon Y pre-order soothed some of my pain.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Games goons were hyping up Duke Nukem Forever before it launched. Never going to trust Games goons again.

Game reviewers were hyping up Bioshock Infinite before it launched. Never going to trust gaming journalism again.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i never preorder things

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I preordered metal gear rising on steam but I dont think that counts because I played it on xbox first. Deus ex human revolution was a good preorder, but 50 dollars was a lot. oh well.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i thought deus ex human revolution sucked poo poo but i had just finished playing dishonored so i guess its to be expected

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
preordering games is like a box of chocelates

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

I preordered bioshock ininite but it's ok because it included xcom and civ 5

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Preordered guild wars 2 deluxe ed. I have never been so disappointed with a game on launch since then.

Also preordered Diablo 3 for ps3, barely touched it since, playing it mostly on my pc.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looke posted:

Preordered guild wars 2 deluxe ed. I have never been so disappointed with a game on launch since then.

Also preordered Diablo 3 for ps3, barely touched it since, playing it mostly on my pc.

Bill Cosby molested women for 40 years. Farewell matey.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Organs posted:

i thought deus ex human revolution sucked poo poo but i had just finished playing dishonored so i guess its to be expected

you don't need dishonored to figure that out.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I wear my shame every time I launch TF2

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
last game i preordered was Goldeneye n64

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i preordered shadowrun because i love the genesis game so much and i've barely played it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I regret preordering borderlands 2. Made it through normal difficulty and had no desire to play again.

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

I regret my Deus Ex: The Fall pre-order. I gave up after 5 minutes.

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

It was total garbage. I was a fool.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i preorderd bioshock infinte but i got to sell someone a copy of xcom and argue about it online asap so not too mad about it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Anatidaephobia posted:

sup pre-order shame buddy

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i preordered Sword of Mana back in college because i'm a tremendous idiot

Dec 26, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i preordered Sword of Mana back in college because i'm a tremendous idiot

i am so sorry. i was pissed about that game and i only played it in emulator

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i preordered conception 2 but i dont regret it

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I preordered Dark Souls II and I don't really regret it even though I was kinda disappointed with the game

Actually I regret preordering it because all the preorder weapons/shields are loving ugly as poo poo, good lord

Dec 26, 2012

theyre also mostly terrible

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
hm yes let me just preorder this digital item that isn't subject to any sort of stock limitation

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
pre ordering has always been p. dumb. i don't think i've ever seen a new game out of stock

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 for the PC but that doesn't really count since the ps3 version was already out and I knew that it was pretty good so yeah

though I didn't preorder it I did buy a PS3 bundled with heavy rain pretty soon after it came out cause I didnt know that gaming journalists never play a game for more than 1 hour

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I preordered X Rebirth...

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Gobblecoque posted:

pre ordering has always been p. dumb. i don't think i've ever seen a new game out of stock

way back in the day some legit good games would come out but they would have zero marketing budget and if u didnt preorder it your local gamestop or whatever might not even order it for their shelves and if ur like 12 and cant easily get to another location u better hope u fuckin preordered a copy

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I preordered Spore. :downs:

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Anatidaephobia posted:

yeah thats generally how i feel about brink

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Iggy Koopa posted:

i preordered conception 2 but i dont regret it

:eyepop:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the last game i preordered was a Scribblenauts game and it came with a rooster hat

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just loving remembered that I pre-ordered APB when it was still getting hyped up. Ugh, jesus christ.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
The dota game made by the guy who did supreme commander :wtc:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Frank Horrigan posted:

I preordered Spore. :downs:

i preordered the galactic edition of Spore :downs::hf::downs:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm a Legendary Founder for Mechwarrior Online :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Voyager I posted:

I'm a Legendary Founder for Mechwarrior Online :saddowns:

Same. I have still never bothered activating my premium time :saddowns::hf::saddowns:

• Locked thread